Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Music
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree27208Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21st November 2012, 06:31 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes View Post
Someone mentioned in work last week that Yoko Ono busted up the Beatles and was a no good harlot etc and I came back saying I was a fan of her 1973 record Approximately Infinite Universe, and boy did I get a roasting...
That's a great one! How can anyone roast you for that!?
Old 21st November 2012, 06:33 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Make Them Die Slowly View Post
I've not read it. To be honest I've been out of the music loop for roughly 10 years or so due to kids and other commitments. So, I'm always grateful for recommendations new or old. Reviews on here are certainly better than trying to figure out what the hell a band sounds like from the reviews/articles in Wire magazine which I still buy from time to time to try and keep current.
Yep, I'm a Wire man as well and I totally agree Wire reviews are mostly incomprehensible (as I once moaned about here). The Japrocksampler book is highly recommended I must say.
Old 21st November 2012, 06:36 PM
Cult Addict
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Quote:
Someone mentioned in work last week that Yoko Ono busted up the Beatles and was a no good harlot etc and I came back saying I was a fan of her 1973 record Approximately Infinite Universe, and boy did I get a roasting...
People don't like an independent point of view. When I first moved to Manchester, it was at the height of Oasis' fame and everyone I worked with was obsessed by them and when I replied to the question do you like Oasis with the answer 'mediocre at best', I thought they were going lynch me.
Old 21st November 2012, 06:40 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
People don't like an independent point of view. When I first moved to Manchester, it was at the height of Oasis' fame and everyone I worked with was obsessed by them and when I replied to the question do you like Oasis with the answer 'mediocre at best', I thought they were going lynch me.
Yep, I can understand that. I remember all my friends listening to the Red Hot Chilli Peppers and the Pixies and I was massively into Throbbing Gristle and without sounding corny, it was kinda alienating and not in a good teenage alienation kind of a way...
Old 21st November 2012, 07:48 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Yep, I can understand that. I remember all my friends listening to the Red Hot Chilli Peppers and the Pixies and I was massively into Throbbing Gristle and without sounding corny, it was kinda alienating and not in a good teenage alienation kind of a way...
I understand completely,my mates were into Showaddywaddy,but I stood by my principles and said no,I think Mud were better,after much fighting i was force to walk the streets wearing only Tiger Feet,it haunts me to this day.
Wes and Demdike@Cult Labs like this.
Old 21st November 2012, 07:48 PM
Cult Addict

Can anyone recommend a decent, not too expensive set of headphones, as mine have just lost the sound in the right ear. It's mono cds for me tonight.
Old 21st November 2012, 07:56 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Can anyone recommend a decent, not too expensive set of headphones, as mine have just lost the sound in the right ear. It's mono cds for me tonight.
Not sure of the quality, but today's daily deals on Play.com are headphones
Play.com
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 21st November 2012, 08:03 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
Not sure of the quality, but today's daily deals on Play.com are headphones
Play.com
Cheers Rik, sadly I don't get paid until next week and I'm skint at present.
Old 21st November 2012, 08:04 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Short and not so sweet - but one killer of a song!

Greetings!
Old 21st November 2012, 08:34 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Like this? Share it using the links below!