Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Music
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree27206Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22nd May 2017, 10:20 AM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

I'm sure I've got a bootleg from 1988 that includes it at the start, maybe Dem can confirm because I know he was at the Maiden England show in Birmingham, as was my band mate but he can't remember.
I know they've used the Python song to end the show for years too, but I'm not sure when that started either.

Funny story about "Doctor Doctor", about 7 years ago in the band our drummer suggested covering Bad Case of Loving You by Robert Palmer, I wasn't familiar with the song so he sang the chorus for me, which starts with the line Doctor Docter, give me the news...
So, off we go to learn it separately, and the following week we give it a shot. Sounded ok apart from our old bass player who seemed to be playing something different to the rest of us. When I asked what key he was playing in (should be E) he said he had no idea, but here's the tab for it (music designed for guitarists/bass players). He'd only gone and learnt Doctor Doctor by UFO the frigging idiot
The song is still in our set today and every now and then we have a laugh about how stupid our old bass player was
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 22nd May 2017, 10:26 AM
Cult Veteran

Maiden England would have been the original UFO recording, that's not as good Good story about the Robert Palmer though

I'm hoping that Maiden do another tour next year with more of a greatest hits kind of set. I loved that setlist on Saturday but I felt really sorry for poor old Dave who looked like he was about to drop dead by the the last few minutes of The Red and the Black
Rik likes this.

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 22nd May 2017, 10:31 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
Maiden England would have been the original UFO recording, that's not as good Good story about the Robert Palmer though

I'm hoping that Maiden do another tour next year with more of a greatest hits kind of set. I loved that setlist on Saturday but I felt really sorry for poor old Dave who looked like he was about to drop dead by the the last few minutes of The Red and the Black

Yeah, I've missed all the greatest hits tours so I'd happily get a ticket.
As much as I like the new album, they added too many songs from it on this tour, I'd have swapped the Great Unknown for something from one of the earlier albums
Justin101 likes this.
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 22nd May 2017, 10:36 AM
Cult Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
Yeah, I've missed all the greatest hits tours so I'd happily get a ticket.
As much as I like the new album, they added too many songs from it on this tour, I'd have swapped the Great Unknown for something from one of the earlier albums
I'd lose Speed of Light too, the other 4 tracks are really good though. I definitely missed the likes of Heaven Can Wait, Bring Your Daughter or The Clansman and it would have been nice to have something off Seventh Son but there you go!

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 22nd May 2017, 10:43 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
I'd lose Speed of Light too, the other 4 tracks are really good though. I definitely missed the likes of Heaven Can Wait, Bring Your Daughter or The Clansman and it would have been nice to have something off Seventh Son but there you go!

Seventh Son was the first album I heard back in 1989, still got the cassette that was given to me and it will always be my favourite album, I'm gutted I couldn't go to the Maiden England tour a few years back, seeing the title track live would absolutely make my year!

But, as with any band, they can't please everyone with the song choices, I'm just glad I got to see them do Powerslave live (not sure about Bruce's choice of mask though )
Justin101 likes this.
Old 22nd May 2017, 10:47 AM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
I'm sure I've got a bootleg from 1988 that includes it at the start, maybe Dem can confirm because I know he was at the Maiden England show in Birmingham, as was my band mate but he can't remember.
I know they've used the Python song to end the show for years too, but I'm not sure when that started either.
Yeah, each and every time i've seen them it was always Doctor Doctor. Even at Monsters of Rock.
Rik and Justin101 like this.
Old 22nd May 2017, 11:09 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Yeah, each and every time i've seen them it was always Doctor Doctor. Even at Monsters of Rock.

Thought so, the bootleg I have is the Donington show from 88
Demdike@Cult Labs likes this.
Old 22nd May 2017, 11:20 AM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Iron Maiden - Cross Eyed Mary

This Jethro Tull cover could easily have been on parent album Piece of Mind.
Rik likes this.
Old 22nd May 2017, 11:27 AM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

W.A.S.P. - Heaven's Hung In Black

A classic modern ballad.
Old 22nd May 2017, 01:51 PM
Cult Master

May 22nd - World Goth Day

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty

Like this? Share it using the links below!