Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Music
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree3089Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 7th March 2013, 09:48 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinterMillennium View Post
it's bad enough that they charge for such things... it's worse that people will pay for it

Megadeth have an eBay shop now, with exorbitant prices for all kinds of random tour goods with Mustaine's scibble on them... shoes, stage lights, you name it
Dave Mustaine is why I picked up a guitar at 14 and he has written some great riffs...but what a tube! In his autobiography he suggests Jon Nodveidt's suicide was somehow karmically linked to comments/threats he made against Mustaine
Old 7th March 2013, 10:24 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Did you know Mustaine got kicked out of Metallica?

He may have mentioned it once in passing.
Susan Foreman, Nordicdusk and Zann like this.
Old 7th March 2013, 10:30 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

I feel sorry for him, he still gets shit from Metallica fans now, 30 years after he was kicked out. Plus, he pisses all over his replacement on guitar-Kirk Wahmett
I've just finished re-reading Mick Wall's book on Zepp and was considering reading Mustaine's biography again, I enjoyed it the first time round, much like Slash's autobiography, that I've read twice, lots of tales of Sex, Drugs & Rock n Roll
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 7th March 2013, 10:33 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
I feel sorry for him, he still gets shit from Metallica fans now, 30 years after he was kicked out. Plus, he pisses all over his replacement on guitar-Kirk Wahmett
I've just finished re-reading Mick Wall's book on Zepp and was considering reading Mustaine's biography again, I enjoyed it the first time round, much like Slash's autobiography, that I've read twice, lots of tales of Sex, Drugs & Rock n Roll
Have you read The Dirt Rik?

All rock autobiographies pale in comparison,
Old 7th March 2013, 10:49 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike View Post
Have you read The Dirt Rik?

All rock autobiographies pale in comparison,
No, never been a big fan of Mötley Crüe, I think a mate has it so I see if he'll lend me it. I can imagine it being pretty mental considering their antics in the 80's
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 7th March 2013, 10:54 PM
Cultist

it's brilliant... even if you don't like the band, all four provide some pretty hilarious anecdotes

was supposed to be being made into a film actually, wonder what happened to that?
Old 8th March 2013, 09:48 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
it's brilliant... even if you don't like the band, all four provide some pretty hilarious anecdotes

was supposed to be being made into a film actually, wonder what happened to that?
I'd heard that, Chris Walken to play Ozzy etc?? That would have been a laugh, and I loathe MC. LOATHE.

Ahem.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 8th March 2013, 11:17 AM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:

Its a book that made me laugh, gag and had me almost in tears at times.
Old 8th March 2013, 04:34 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

They have it in my local library, but I'd already picked up a hefty sized Stephen King book so I had no room in my man bag, I'll get it next time I'm in there.
Old 8th March 2013, 05:01 PM
Cultist

oddly just as I was posting last evening, this came up :P

BLABBERMOUTH.NET - NIKKI SIXX Says MÖTLEY CRÜE Will Go Out On A High

Like this? Share it using the links below!