All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree994Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24th October 2011, 11:32 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotten View Post
No, she had a son in 1989 named Steffon,who bore a HUGE resemblance to Kurt, I have to admit.....she claimed he was Kurts son, but she had given him up to be looked after bya friend who couldnt have kids........Turns out she basically abandoned the poor sod with his real father (some guy called Alan and Never looked back to him). In my musical travels, i did get to speak with MANY people involved with Kurt, who were either not aware of my ex wife, or who actually did know her, but said they remembered this woman with severe problems.

Other claimed conquests were Layne Staley (Alice In Chains) and Andy Wood (Mother Love Bone).........I REALLY got taken in there as she used to make up fake friends, then e-mail me from fake accounts backing all this up.
crivvens! a real life Catfish then (hold on, wasnt that a documentary anyhow??)
Old 24th October 2011, 04:31 PM
Cult Acolyte

Default Agnostic Front - Crucified and Gotta Go

Agnostic Front - Crucified and Gotta Go.

InDogWeTrust likes this.
Old 24th October 2011, 10:32 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

You can't really hear the vocals in the one but here's a live video of 'Speechless' by Bane!

Old 24th October 2011, 10:40 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Has anyone picked up the latest Misfits album -The Devil's Rain?

Whats it like?

Its by the same line up that produced Project 1950, which i liked alot.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 51S0hNyc3fL__SL500_AA300_.jpg (19.6 KB, 0 views)
Old 24th October 2011, 11:05 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike View Post
Has anyone picked up the latest Misfits album -The Devil's Rain?

Whats it like?

Its by the same line up that produced Project 1950, which i liked alot.
VicDakin, We actually have someone here who likes the newer line up!

I actually think they have a different drummer to Project 1950, Demdike...Well at least they do on the Australian tour in December, Not sure about Devils Rain.

I heard one song on their Facebook page...Yes that's right, An 80s punk band with a Facebook page...It wasn't that bad.
Old 25th October 2011, 07:16 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by InDogWeTrust View Post
My sister was a huge Nirvana supporter also. I listened to them a bit, But now I just find their music so plain and boring.
I think people underestimate Nirvana because of all the late 90's teen latching bullshit and ...Teen Spirit, but songs like Downer, Aero Zeppelin, Very Ape, Hairspray Queen, Floyd the B, Radio Friendly Unit Shifter and Mexican Seafood are immense as punk/new wave tracks, even bordering on Melvins territory.
Old 25th October 2011, 09:33 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baseball Fury View Post
I think people underestimate Nirvana because of all the late 90's teen latching bullshit and ...Teen Spirit, but songs like Downer, Aero Zeppelin, Very Ape, Hairspray Queen, Floyd the B, Radio Friendly Unit Shifter and Mexican Seafood are immense as punk/new wave tracks, even bordering on Melvins territory.
I was a huge Nirvana fan back in the day and still have an unused ticket for a show in Leeds that there never played(for obvious reasons). I still remember seeing the news of Kurts death on the front page of all the papers I was delivering that morning before school. Like a lot of people at my school, I was gutted and even got into trouble with the headmaster because of my explicit choice of Nirvana shirt that day. Nowadays I still listen to them, although not as much and recently saw the Foo Fighters at the MK Bowl, who were amazing from start to finish, loads of people don't know that Dave Grohl was the drummer in one of the greatest Alternative bands of all time, sad really but oh well, whatever, nevermind

Sometimes, dead is better
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 25th October 2011, 09:37 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
I was a huge Nirvana fan back in the day and still have an unused ticket for a show in Leeds that there never played(for obvious reasons). I still remember seeing the news of Kurts death on the front page of all the papers I was delivering that morning before school. Like a lot of people at my school, I was gutted and even got into trouble with the headmaster because of my explicit choice of Nirvana shirt that day. Nowadays I still listen to them, although not as much and recently saw the Foo Fighters at the MK Bowl, who were amazing from start to finish, loads of people don't know that Dave Grohl was the drummer in one of the greatest Alternative bands of all time, sad really but oh well, whatever, nevermind

Not a Foo Fighters fan...I do however like the cover they did of Gary Numan's 'Down In The Park' for The X-Files series soundtrack!
Old 25th October 2011, 09:48 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by InDogWeTrust View Post
Not a Foo Fighters fan...I do however like the cover they did of Gary Numan's 'Down In The Park' for The X-Files series soundtrack!
You should listen to their cover of Band on the run by Wings from the Radio 1 Established album, it's better than the original.

If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 25th October 2011, 11:11 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
You should listen to their cover of Band on the run by Wings from the Radio 1 Established album, it's better than the original.
It is a good one, I bought the 'Medium Rare' Record Store Day vinyl full of their covers, it's pretty good!

And for a chart-topping arena rock band, Foo Fighters have a MASSIVE punk background.

You've got -

Dave Grohl: Scream, Nirvana
Pat Smear: The Germs, Nirvana, Adolescents
Nate Mendel: Brotherhood, Sunny Day Real Estate, Juno
William Goldsmith: Sunny Day Real Estate
Franz Stahl: Scream
Chris Shifflet: No Use For A Name, Me First and the Gimme Gimme's, Viva Death

Good stuff!

Like this? Share it using the links below!