Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Music
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree407Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22nd June 2023, 05:59 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Well, I went to see Death Grips at the Barrowland.

Reminding me most of Argento .... red lights a go go, bombastic rhythms etc... and some terror (would the singer have a fit etc). Solid night all in. No merch, that I saw, maybe they were keeping it for tonight's gig ahem. So I bought something else ... but you'll have to peruse another thread for that fnarr.
Justin101 and nosferatu42 like this.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 24th July 2023, 07:29 AM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

I was watching some Tomorrowland streaming live on YouTube Saturday and Sunday night they were showing the main stage on one channel and the freedom stage on another which was an inside venue that seemed to be a more underground type stage.

The main stage was terrible DJs that are not really DJs they were all sampling the exact same songs yes different beat but same samples and stopping every two seconds to talk b*LL*x and constantly slowing things down the only serious DJ on the main stage with no bs banter and the crowd just stood there. The main stage from what I can see was for posers everytime the camera went into the crowd they were just posing for the camera and people with limited brain span.

Inside people were having a blast not much phones just dancing and enjoying the moment phones only came out during some of the amazing visuals on the backdrop.

I discovered some great new DJs for those times when I crave some electro beats in my life.
nosferatu42 likes this.
Old 19th October 2023, 01:58 PM
Cult Acolyte

I'm off to see Fabio Frizzi in London again..
'World premiere live score alongside a screening of the legendary Fulci movie 'Zombie'.

Mojo, Justin101, zeroid and 3 others like this.
Old 29th June 2024, 10:05 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Aren't Coldplay just really bland.

I have six of their albums, including two i've never even listened to, but i lost interest after four or five songs at Glastonbury. Five songs which all sounded pretty much alike in that dull mid tempo way.
nosferatu42 likes this.
Old 29th June 2024, 10:11 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

In fact the whole thing this year is pretty much a wash out for me.

Last year was great with Guns N' Roses, Elton John, QOTSA, Manics, Blondie, Foo Fighters...

But this year nothing is of interest.
Old 29th June 2024, 11:31 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

We've been watching bits of Glastonbury as well,
Paul Heaton, Pj Harvey, and a few dance, orbital etc.
Googled Glastonbury, bloody hell I knew it was big but didn't realise how big,
There between 80-100 stages, the main festival area is estimated to be anywhere between 900 acres and 1,100 acres. This works out as being the size of more than 500 full-size football pitches,
Wow can't imagine having to walk to the other end if there someone you want to see, must be a good hr to hr and half.
I've never been but always tempted to go, but what put me off was the mud fest, thanks but that's not for me,
Old 30th June 2024, 08:22 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Aren't Coldplay just really bland.

I have six of their albums, including two i've never even listened to, but i lost interest after four or five songs at Glastonbury. Five songs which all sounded pretty much alike in that dull mid tempo way.
I watched the first half of their set and could see how much the audience loved Yellow, The Scientist, Clocks, Paradise, and Viva La Vida, but I was far from wowed.

I also gave up on Shania Twain, who didn't look anything like I expected, and her voice isn't as strong or interesting as it was.
Old 30th June 2024, 10:05 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
I watched the first half of their set and could see how much the audience loved Yellow, The Scientist, Clocks, Paradise, and Viva La Vida, but I was far from wowed.

I also gave up on Shania Twain, who didn't look anything like I expected, and her voice isn't as strong or interesting as it was.
Yes, i too gave up on her. She doesn't have the songs other than the obvious ones to capture such a varied audience i don't think. She certainly looks like she's been created cosmetically younger.
Old 1st July 2024, 07:01 AM
Cult Don

It seems that both Cyndi and Shania suffered with technical sound difficulties during their sets

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 1st July 2024, 10:27 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

SZA (who?) drew the lowest headline crowd in living memory on the final day of Glastonbury.

Many who began watching drifted away to watch other sets as well.

Should have had Avril Lavigne headline as more people wanted to see her than the stage she was booked into could handle.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/ck5g74jr59eo

Like this? Share it using the links below!