All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree4346Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13th August 2015, 04:35 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demoncrat View Post
New Jesus & Mary Chain live cd, Psychocandy @Barrowlands. Sadly tis the first night, and nae the one I went to, but still.......if it's half as NOISY as my night was, then twill be my album of the year......
Cd came today, I appear to have ordered 2 ahem. Oops!!

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 3rd September 2015, 12:37 PM
Cult Acolyte

Motorhead - Bad Magic is a very good album but not as good as Motorizer, but I has been playing on my stereo all day. Still he same sound Motorhead are well known for. Worth buying.

Dr Dre - Compton

Dre fans have waited 16 years for this album and after 16 years we get this.... an album that is terrible. All the songs blend into each other and the production on some songs sound muddy and not polished. Snoop is hardly heard on One Shot One Kill and it features rappers that nobody cares about or has heard of.

Dre sounds like a feature on his own album and I knew there would be loads of features like there was on 2001 but at least you could hear those features clearly. Eminem is the best rapper on here along with Kendrick. I am disappointed with this album and I am hoping it grows on me with more listens. Deep Water was a good track along with Talk About It. I just didn't like this album.

Comment Comment | Permalink
Old 3rd September 2015, 05:59 PM
Cult Acolyte

Default Hancock's Half Hour: Series 4: 20 episodes

Hancock's Half Hour: Series 4: 20 episodes.

While you lot are having your ear drums beaten to death by the latest hippity hop and heavy ironmonger beat combos,Ive gone for chuckles instead of brain damage with the latest Hancock release.

81fswUaIzqL.jpg
Demdike@Cult Labs likes this.

Old 12th September 2015, 06:36 PM
Cult Acolyte

Old 12th September 2015, 06:44 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Boy View Post
I listened to it on Rdio while proofreading my brother's MSc dissertation, so wasn't exactly giving the lyrics my full attention (or any attention, really), but really enjoyed from a musical standpoint.

I need to buy it and listen to what Bruce Dickinson is singing!
Rik likes this.
Old 12th September 2015, 08:40 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

I'm obviously biased, seeing as I've been a fan since 1989, but it really is a fantastic album
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 12th September 2015, 11:46 PM
Ex-member

Judas Priest - Defenders Of The Faith (30th Anniversary Edition)
Judas Priest - Redeemer Of Souls
Motörhead - Bad Magic
Iron Maiden - The Book Of Souls
Slayer - Repentless
Rik likes this.
Old 13th September 2015, 09:14 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

I got the new Slayer album on Friday (with the blu ray), but seeing as I'm not home until Wednesday, I've not listened to it yet. From what I've read though, it's not very good :/
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 19th September 2015, 06:12 PM
Cult Acolyte

Default Do The Clam

released on October 2

61PklBvfp7L.jpg

Quote:

1986 LIVE FM BROADCAST ON 2 CDS + BONUS INTERVIEW WITH LUX Formed in 1976 and active until 2009, The Cramps only called it a day after the death of mainstay Lux Interior who, along with wife and musical partner Poison Ivy, were the only permanent members of the group. Indeed it was the Interior/Ivy partnership which provided the impetus, inspiration and drive for the entire Cramps ethos and body of work. Cramps personnel would otherwise rotate much over their existence, although the addition of guitarist Bryan Gregory and drummer Pam Ballam in 1976 resulted in the first complete lineup. The gig presented here, from a live FM Radio Broadcast and so in the finest quality possible, presented on two CDs, features a good splattering of tracks from A Date With Elvis, alongside a number of Cramps fave-raves and a good helping of cover versions - most interesting of which is rockabilly legend Charlie Feathers Its Just That Song, the number that finishes the album but which has rarely been performed live by the band. During this show they perform the song also as the final number albeit with an intro by Lux that has to be heard to be believed. Completed with a fascinating interview with Lux Interior, recorded by the radio station responsible for the broadcast, this CD set provides a hugely entertaining and inimitable performance by one of the most individual and respected bands of the decade that all too often saw music as a vehicle for risible haircuts, rather than one to promote alternative attitudes and unique sounds.

Old 2nd October 2015, 07:41 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Just the one.

Like this? Share it using the links below!