Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Other Labels (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=565)
-   -   The 88 Films Thread (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/other-labels/11297-88-films-thread.html)

plasterface 18th April 2015 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suziginajackson (Post 445212)
From FaceBook:

"High Rising Productions

After six years of working in a business that has gradually eroded our sanity, we are proud to announce that High Rising Productions will soon be no more.

Thanks to 88 Films for, over the past year, giving us a new injection of enthusiam (and then seeing their slasher line inspire, with titles aggresively bid upon, by a label which expressed no previous interest in such films to us and has, clearly, suddenly noticed fan interest in this 'disreputable' genre. This is not a criticism per se as we are happy for the fans.).

We also have to thank, in particular, Bob at Grindhouse Releasing for restoring our faith in what we do and giving us much needed pep talks over the years. This man has an Oscar and is a great example of a good, humble, encouraging personality.

Our last project is a new UK edition of INVADERS OF MARS from Final Cut Entertainment. We'll confirm more details soon.

As always, thanks to our supporters. The biggest delight of High Rising was also the one we never publicised or took responsibility for - bringing some of your favourite acquisitions back to UK shelves. Whilst trolls were trolling, we have been - for six years - suggesting and locating rights holders for movies that otherwise may never have seen the light of day in HD."

Boy this kicked things off on facebook if that aint a criticism of arrow I dont know what is, i'll miss the quality of their extras

Vampix 18th April 2015 04:27 PM

I'm betting Zombie Flesh-Eaters 2 is nowhere near as good as Fulci's classic original ZFE (I've never seen ZFE2). I am curious about the film though so will probably pick it up, along with 88's Zombie Holocaust, Anthropophagus and Burial Ground BDs. :nod:

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 18th April 2015 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vampix (Post 445296)
I've never seen Zombie Flesh-Eaters 2, but I'm betting it's nowhere near as good as Fulci's classic original ZFE. I am curious about the film though so will probably pick it up, along with Zombie Holocaust, Anthropophagus and Burial Ground. :nod:

It's not. It was also only directed by Fulci in part, with Bruno Mattei (Hell of the Living Dead) and Claudio Fragasso (Troll 2) stepping in to the directors chair. Whilst you can feel Fulci's influence here and their throughout the film it definitely feels more like one of the latter two directors' work - i.e. cheesy as hell. :D

plasterface 18th April 2015 04:39 PM

zf2

best bit is head flying out of fridge, i am prob the only person hoping they release zombie creeping flesh :pound:

Vampix 18th April 2015 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs (Post 445300)
It's not. It was also only directed by Fulci in part, with Bruno Mattei (Hell of the Living Dead) and Claudio Fragasso (Troll 2) stepping in to the directors chair. Whilst you can feel Fulci's influence here and their throughout the film it definitely feels more like one of the latter two directors' work - i.e. cheesy as hell. :D

In that case I'll probably enjoy it as I'm a big fan of Hell of the Living Dead. :)

Nordicdusk 18th April 2015 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by plasterface (Post 445305)
best bit is head flying out of fridge, i am prob the only person hoping they release zombie creeping flesh :pound:

I'd buy Zombie Creeping Flesh. It's a bit of fun.

Vampix 18th April 2015 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by plasterface (Post 445305)

You're definitely not the only person. I'd be well up for a Blu-ray release of Zombie Creeping Flesh. :nod:

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 18th April 2015 04:50 PM

Blue Underground have released ZCF (as Hell of the Living Dead as a double feature with Rats: Night of Terror), but I too would be up for a Blu of this one from 88. I actually prefer ZCF to Zombie Holocaust.

Tombsy666 18th April 2015 05:35 PM

I purchased the Blue Underground pairing blu of both Hell of the living dead & Rats night of terror and would definitely buy Zombie creeping flesh (I guess it will be under this title) again if 88 we're to add this to their Italian range.. so how about it 88 :woot:

JAMIOUSE 20th April 2015 05:56 PM

Super happy that 88 are releasing Zombi 3, I think it was the second Fulci film that I ever saw after The House by the Cemetery. Fingers crossed for Zombi 4 / After Death is on the schedule too. I wonder why Arrow never looked into putting Zombi 3 out, the rights were obviously available.