Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Other Labels (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=565)
-   -   The 88 Films Thread (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/other-labels/11297-88-films-thread.html)

Demdike@Cult Labs 17th April 2015 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 445146)
Zombi 3! Well that came as a surprise.

Of course it did. ;)

Stephen@Cult Labs 17th April 2015 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 445149)
Of course it did. ;)

:lol:

DayzeUK 17th April 2015 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blinkant (Post 445140)
Just announced zombie flesh eaters 2

A little weekend surprise from 88 Films.

I'm in, just pre-ordered.

Free postage for pre-orders!!!

Antropophagus 17th April 2015 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 445148)
Is this the one with the recycled jeep footage from Zombi?

I can never remember. They all blend into one when you haven't watched them for a couple of years.

All except Killing Birds Zombie 4. That's just bad...and not in a good way.

That's Zombie Holocaust.

TJ Doc 17th April 2015 07:58 PM

I've always wanted to see the refrigerated, levitating zombie head in HD.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 17th April 2015 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DayzeUK (Post 445160)
I'm in, just pre-ordered.

Free postage for pre-orders!!!

I've preordered as well. The film may not be the best, but there is an excellent selection of extra features and, if my memory serves, the Q&A with Catriona MacColl, which was filmed at the Spaghetti Cinema Festival last year, was really good.

DayzeUK 17th April 2015 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 445165)
I've preordered as well. The film may not be the best, but there is an excellent selection of extra features and, if my memory serves, the Q&A with Catriona MacColl, which was filmed at the Spaghetti Cinema Festival last year, was really good.

Could do with a commentary though, i do love a good commentary track :pop2:, it can be the difference between regular repeat viewings or not for me.

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 17th April 2015 08:36 PM

The Paura documentary is a nice addition to the set for those who haven't seen it.

keirarts 17th April 2015 11:47 PM

Definitely ordering myself a copy. Will retain my Shriek show DVD for the commentary track.

Susan Foreman 18th April 2015 12:13 AM

From FaceBook:

"High Rising Productions

After six years of working in a business that has gradually eroded our sanity, we are proud to announce that High Rising Productions will soon be no more.

Thanks to 88 Films for, over the past year, giving us a new injection of enthusiam (and then seeing their slasher line inspire, with titles aggresively bid upon, by a label which expressed no previous interest in such films to us and has, clearly, suddenly noticed fan interest in this 'disreputable' genre. This is not a criticism per se as we are happy for the fans.).

We also have to thank, in particular, Bob at Grindhouse Releasing for restoring our faith in what we do and giving us much needed pep talks over the years. This man has an Oscar and is a great example of a good, humble, encouraging personality.

Our last project is a new UK edition of INVADERS OF MARS from Final Cut Entertainment. We'll confirm more details soon.

As always, thanks to our supporters. The biggest delight of High Rising was also the one we never publicised or took responsibility for - bringing some of your favourite acquisitions back to UK shelves. Whilst trolls were trolling, we have been - for six years - suggesting and locating rights holders for movies that otherwise may never have seen the light of day in HD."