Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Other Labels (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=565)
-   -   The 88 Films Thread (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/other-labels/11297-88-films-thread.html)

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 18th January 2017 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by michal (Post 517758)
what your opinion on aenigma transfer for me looks great

I didn't make any notes when I was watching them, but I am very happy with all four of the new restorations.

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 18th January 2017 09:14 AM

I've only watched Absurd and Massacre in Dinosaur Valley so far but they both looked superb to me.

88 Films 18th January 2017 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 517690)
I'm sure that scene is shorter than the uncut version. I'm not sure if the moment when the top of the monkey's head is removed has been excised or not – I'm sure someone who has seen it more recently can say.

It's not, nothing was removed from that scene (to our surprise)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Susan Foreman 18th January 2017 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Susan Foreman (Post 517635)
"Amuck was just passed uncut at the BBFC with "strong sex, nudity, sexual violence"."

High Rising on FB - presumably it's from Callum

"We have put together a career-spanning chat with actress Barbara Bouchet, and also her live in-person appearance at the Manchester Festival of Fantastic Films, for 88 Films and their release of AMUCK. I also penned a booklet for this edition!"

https://scontent-lht6-1.xx.fbcdn.net...e4&oe=58DA9E75

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 18th January 2017 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 88 Films (Post 517772)
It's not, nothing was removed from that scene (to our surprise)

I didn't think so, but was doubting myself because of the Massacre in Dinosaur Valley ruling and other animal violence which was removed from Man from Deep River. I suppose the fate that befell the unfortunate monkey would fall under the BBFC's 'quick kill' interpretation of the legislation, which isn't the same as many other animals in cannibal movies.

Thanks for the clarification.

Susan Foreman 18th January 2017 12:28 PM

"Just dropped off Intruder and Seeding of a Ghost slipcase editions. These should ship out tomorrow if you have pre-ordered them. There are still some left so get in quick.

If you backed the slasher special perk you WILL get a slipcase edition."

Susan Foreman 18th January 2017 02:29 PM

Another one from High Rising

"And as a little sneak preview, we're also putting together a cool documentary called GRINDHOUSE ALL-STARS: A TALK WITH FOUR OF THE MOST UNDERRATED KINGS OF CARNAGE for the 88 Films release of JUST BEFORE DAWN.

Soundbites and chat with Jeff Lieberman, Roy Frumkes (STREET TRASH), Matt Cimber (CANDY TANGERINE MAN) and Joe Ellison (DON'T GO IN THE HOUSE)."

dallywhitty 18th January 2017 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Susan Foreman (Post 517819)

"And as a little sneak preview, we're also putting together a cool documentary called GRINDHOUSE ALL-STARS: A TALK WITH FOUR OF THE MOST UNDERRATED KINGS OF CARNAGE for the 88 Films release of JUST BEFORE DAWN.

Soundbites and chat with Jeff Lieberman, Roy Frumkes (STREET TRASH), Matt Cimber (CANDY TANGERINE MAN) and Joe Ellison (DON'T GO IN THE HOUSE)."

I didn't even realise the High Rising Facebook group was running again. Just had a look now and amazingly, Calum has gone about a week without slagging off Arrow. That's a world record!

michal 18th January 2017 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Susan Foreman (Post 517819)

good reason to have another version of this classic

JAMIOUSE 19th January 2017 04:41 AM

As I'm still thousands of miles away in India I'm slowly going through the posts in this thread. So Massacre is cut but it's no real biggie. What are the visuals like for the new discs, are these major upgrades?