Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Other Labels (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=565)
-   -   The 88 Films Thread (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/other-labels/11297-88-films-thread.html)

MuckyFunster 1st February 2021 09:06 AM

1 Attachment(s)
The Slasher collection numbered 1-49 lot went for £550 last night. I was watching it. It jumped from £460 to £550 in the very last second. Decent bargain for someone, I think.

Attachment 230987

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 1st February 2021 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MuckyFunster (Post 645322)
The Slasher collection numbered 1-49 lot went for £550 last night. I was watching it. It jumped from £460 to £550 in the very last second. Decent bargain for someone, I think.

£550 is a lot, though it averages about £11.22 for each one, including the very limited edition Blood Harvest release and two which are still shrink-wrapped,

Rob4 1st February 2021 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 645326)
£550 is a lot, though it averages about £11.22 for each one, including the very limited edition Blood Harvest release and two which are still shrink-wrapped,

That is a lot. I think I've paid no more than £8.50 in various sales for most of the ones I have. More for a couple I let slip OOP but no more than £12.00 at the most.

Trashforcash 1st February 2021 03:59 PM

Was so tempted to buy them. But only so I could take my current slashers classics collection, gaffer tape it together and build a large bird house out of them.

If you could tape your slasher classics into an item of furniture, what would you make?

Susan Foreman 1st February 2021 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 645326)

So...'Blood Harvest' was directed by Bill Rebane. One of the potential releases from Arrow in May is a Bill Rebane box set, so I wonder if Arrow will be releasing 'Blood Harvest' as a part of that

MuckyFunster 1st February 2021 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trashforcash (Post 645359)
Was so tempted to buy them. But only so I could take my current slashers classics collection, gaffer tape it together and build a large bird house out of them.

If you could tape your slasher classics into an item of furniture, what would you make?

I’d build a chaise, so I could be comfy while watching them!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 1st February 2021 08:04 PM

I'd build a Wicker Man chair. :madgrin:

Susan Foreman 1st February 2021 08:29 PM

1 Attachment(s)
88Films have updated their cover photo on FB

It's from 'Humanoids From The Deep'

Trashforcash 2nd February 2021 06:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Reaper Man@Cult Labs (Post 645401)
I'd build a Wicker Man chair. :madgrin:

Nice idea.

Right, it took all night. I've fashioned my slasher classics into a throne. My eurekas are a lovely side table, the indicators are a smashing foot rest and the arrows have been used to re-tile the bathroom. All leaving just enough for a small crown made out of my vinegar syndromes.

All this and I still had time to pre-order Humanoids.

Susan Foreman 2nd February 2021 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Susan Foreman (Post 642288)
February Releases Announcement #4

'Murphy's Law' (1986) - Blu-Ray Pre-order available at Amazon UK - £14.99

Release date: February 22nd

"Murphy's Law says that anything that can go wrong will go wrong – and that's just how tough cop Jack Murphy (Charles Bronson, Death Wish, 10 to Midnight) feels. His marriage is over, he's drinking too much and – oh boy – now he's the target of a psycho trying to frame him for murder one.

But Bronson isn't licked that easily. Aided and abetted by street punk Arabella (Kathleen Wilhoite, Witchboard), he fights back: someone's going to learn the hard way that you don't mess with Jack Murphy...
"

New release date - March 15th