LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12th July 2017, 09:50 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
I've owned a 1080p 42" LCD tv since Feb 2006 thank you very much!
I presume you have enjoyed the benefits of high definition television, particularly such things as Planet Earth, so why not spend a little money for the benefits of high definition movies?
Steel76 and trebor8273 like this.
Old 13th July 2017, 09:08 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

I watched Slaughter Hotel last night, what utter filth! I have never seen such so much public hair in one film.

It's actually a really good presentation with a good strong image, the audio as the disclaimer at the start of the film states is a patchwork. For the most part the audio is fine, there are a few instances of lines been tinny but that's because of where they've managed to source the audio for the scene. The film itself is still very odd with a mad plot and a denouncement that's over in seconds, the killers motives aren't explored in the slightest. It's almost as if Di Leo had run out of steam, the film does meander for a good amount of it's running time. Lovers of sleaze and very hairy fanny's will love this, I am surprised the BBFC didn't have issues with the masturbation scenes as they are pretty graphic.

All in all another top notch release from 88, the image is clean and sharp the audio is in fine shape and the extras are interesting.
Old 13th July 2017, 09:13 AM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMIOUSE View Post
I watched Slaughter Hotel last night, what utter filth! I have never seen such so much public hair in one film.

It's actually a really good presentation with a good strong image, the audio as the disclaimer at the start of the film states is a patchwork. For the most part the audio is fine, there are a few instances of lines been tinny but that's because of where they've managed to source the audio for the scene. The film itself is still very odd with a mad plot and a denouncement that's over in seconds, the killers motives aren't explored in the slightest. It's almost as if Di Leo had run out of steam, the film does meander for a good amount of it's running time. Lovers of sleaze and very hairy fanny's will love this, I am surprised the BBFC didn't have issues with the masturbation scenes as they are pretty graphic.

All in all another top notch release from 88, the image is clean and sharp the audio is in fine shape and the extras are interesting.
Sounds like a first time viewing.

I'm surprised, Jami. Thought you were a giallo aficionado and would have had the Shriek Show release from years ago.
keirarts likes this.
Old 13th July 2017, 09:21 AM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

Quote:
Not a chance. That's around £8 more than HMV would sell it for.
Exactly. Slipcovers are nice, but not £8 extra per release nice.
Old 13th July 2017, 09:22 AM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

Quote:
I've owned a 1080p 42" LCD tv since Feb 2006 thank you very much!
Completely wasted on you then!
Old 13th July 2017, 09:23 AM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs View Post
Exactly. Slipcovers are nice, but not £8 extra per release nice.
Tis a wee bit of a rip off isn't it.

You can practically buy two from HMV for the same price. In fact at the moment the Premium Collection releases are cheaper at two for £15 than one slipcase edition.
Old 13th July 2017, 09:25 AM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

Quote:

I'm surprised, Jami. Thought you were a giallo aficionado and would have had the Shriek Show release from years ago.
I have the Italian Raro DVD which looks really nice, and is miles ahead of the butchered versions circulating in the UK years ago (and probably still now) under the 'Asylum Erotica' title.

I also have the Rao US Blu which I know has its detractors but looks okay to me for a film of this type (it also has a slipcover that I didn't have to pay £5+ shipping extra for! )
Old 13th July 2017, 09:42 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:

I was never very keen on Slaughter Hotel or Asylum Erotica as the old UK DVD was called which I rented from LoveFilm an age ago. Because I wasn't very impressed by the film in that incarnation I never bothered with it again until now. Which is why it's like seeing it for the first time, New York Ripper, Lizard, Deep Red etc. I watch at least once a year and remember the bulk of their plots and things, Cold Blooded Beast I hadn't seen for possibly 14 years!
keirarts and nosferatu42 like this.
Old 13th July 2017, 11:05 AM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMIOUSE View Post
I was never very keen on Slaughter Hotel or Asylum Erotica as the old UK DVD was called which I rented from LoveFilm an age ago. Because I wasn't very impressed by the film in that incarnation I never bothered with it again until now. Which is why it's like seeing it for the first time, New York Ripper, Lizard, Deep Red etc. I watch at least once a year and remember the bulk of their plots and things, Cold Blooded Beast I hadn't seen for possibly 14 years!
The old UK dvd is cut to ribbons.
Old 13th July 2017, 02:27 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Just saw Slaughter Hotel, and it's one of the most boring movies I have seen in a long time.

Sure there's lots of sex and nudity, but that's about it, since the murders was dull as well.
Almost fell asleep twice, and had to fast forward at times, like during the scene with the two girls dancing...

I need to stop blind buying movies...

Time too watch some quality gore/sleaze instead, like New York Ripper

Like this? Share it using the links below!