Like Tree1395Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12th May 2021, 06:15 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark meakin View Post

There are no woods, in the desert set PLAY DIRTY !. JUst some decent performances from the likes of Michael Caine & Nigel Davenport. I like it myself, but each to their own.
Yeah that was me. Confusing it for Hornet's Nest.
Old 20th May 2021, 02:22 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

On 5th July we're releasing haunted house hazing horror HELL NIGHT (1981) on Blu-ray for the first time in the UK, title 020 on the 101 Films Black Label. Directed by Tom DeSimone (Reform School Girls, Angel III: The Final Chapter), this slasher classic benefits from a talented young cast including Linda Blair (The Exorcist), Vincent Van Patten (Rock ‘N’ Roll High School), Peter Barton (Friday The 13th: The Final Chapter) and Kevin Brophy (The Seduction).

Special features include limited edition slipcase and booklet, with new writing on the film, plus interviews with cast and filmmakers.

HELL NIGHT
Released 5th July 2021
As an initiation rite into Alpha Sigma Rho fraternity, four pledges must spend a night in Garth Manor, twelve years to the day after the previous resident murdered his entire family. Two of the pledges, Marti and Jeff ignore the rumors that the now-deserted mansion is haunted by a crazed killer, until one by one, members of their group mysteriously disappear. Could this be a part of a fraternity prank ... or is a demented former tenant seeking revenge? When this seemingly innocent night turns deadly, these college students will do anything to survive Hell Night.

SPECIAL FEATURES
• Transfer from a 4K scan of the best surviving archival 35mm film print with minor SD inserts to replace missing footage • Limited edition booklet: Includes The Scare Blair Bunch: Hell Night, Linda Blair and the Rise of the American Sorority Slasher by Andrew Graves and Haunted Houses on Film by Barry Forshaw • Linda Blair: The Beauty of Horror • Hell Nights with Tom DeSimone • Peter Barton: Facing Fear • Producing Hell with Bruce Cohn Curtis • Writing Hell with Randy Feldman • Vincent Van Patten and Suki Goodwin in conversation • Kevin Brophy and Jenny Neumann in conversation • Gothic Design in Hell Night • Anatomy of the Death Scenes • On Location at Kimberly Crest • Theatrical Trailer • TV Spots • Radio Spot • Photo Gallery
Attached Images
File Type: jpg mail.jpg (103.3 KB, 58 views)
Old 20th May 2021, 02:29 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Just saw that via email.

It's not the greatest film but i like it. Watched it loads of times during Halloween marathons. A definite purchase for me.

Lovely Linda *sigh*
Justin101 and MrBarlow like this.
Old 20th May 2021, 02:31 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

It's actually missing the commentary from Linda Blair and Irwin Yablans. That's poor. Another i'll have to keep the dvd for.
Old 20th May 2021, 02:45 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Just saw that via email.

It's not the greatest film but i like it. Watched it loads of times during Halloween marathons. A definite purchase for me.

Lovely Linda *sigh*
It's one I'm upgrading to, cheesy as fcuk but one I enjoy
Old 20th May 2021, 02:54 PM
Cult Veteran

I bought the DVD to watch 2 Halloweens ago and still haven't, I will probably buy this Blu though and watch it this year!

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 20th May 2021, 02:59 PM
Cult Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
It's actually missing the commentary from Linda Blair and Irwin Yablans. That's poor. Another i'll have to keep the dvd for.
It looks like a direct port of the Scream Factory disc which does have the comm track so it might have just been missed off the blurb

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 20th May 2021, 03:17 PM
Active Cultist

I haven't seen Hell Night in about 30 years. The only thing I remember about it was Linda Blairs tight fitting corset.
Old 20th May 2021, 03:20 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by davcol View Post
I haven't seen Hell Night in about 30 years. The only thing I remember about it was Linda Blairs tight fitting corset.
That is certainly the best part of the film.
Old 20th May 2021, 03:42 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by davcol View Post
mmm Linda Blair... tight fitting corset... well, that's the fence sitting over with

Like this? Share it using the links below!