Like Tree182Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10th September 2023, 01:10 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
Buying Shout Factory discs is a very expensive pastime for us in Europe and I do it rarely.
Is it as expensive as buying UK Second Sight releases with their horrendous artworks?
Old 10th September 2023, 01:15 PM
Cult Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Is it as expensive as buying UK Second Sight releases with their horrendous artworks?
Definitely, if you've spent £30 you got yourself a good deal Second Sight is OK if you don't get the boxed versions, which is more comparable to the Shout Factory stuff as they don't do box/book combos.

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 10th September 2023, 01:20 PM
Cult Acolyte

Just for information:

Lot7GV's is currently £20.13 delivered from WOWHD. Adding the tax will make it just over £25. A hefty sum for one film...

I did think that it would be much cheaper to get SF releases direct from their site during a sale through a forwarding company... but... SF send their orders piecemeal, which means you have to pay a consolidation fee at the forwarding company... ouch!

Old 10th September 2023, 01:23 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
Definitely, if you've spent £30 you got yourself a good deal Second Sight is OK if you don't get the boxed versions, which is more comparable to the Shout Factory stuff as they don't do box/book combos.
Well the Shout disc of Seven Golden Vampires is £24.44 delivered from Amazon US.

I expect Rob4 to get this, seeing as the sheer wealth of extras he wanted on the S1 disc are only costing him £11.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Legend-Gold...d%2C261&sr=1-4
Old 10th September 2023, 02:17 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Well the Shout disc of Seven Golden Vampires is £24.44 delivered from Amazon US.

I expect Rob4 to get this, seeing as the sheer wealth of extras he wanted on the S1 disc are only costing him £11.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Legend-Gold...d%2C261&sr=1-4
I don't know about that Dem? I have a massive 'to buy' list so I'll have to think about it. It's likely to be in print for several years so a cheaper import option might become available and it's not my favourite Hammer by any means!

I remember seeing the poster at my local fleapit and thinking that it looked just about the most exciting thing I had ever seen but of course I was too young to get in. Then the first House of Hammer magazine I bought was Issue 4 with a comic strip adaptation of the film which further fuelled my imagination and raised my expectations. However, when I finally got to see it I was entertained but disappointed - it appeared cheap and a bit of a rush job compared to previous Hammer films.

Maybe a new scan will change my mind...?
Old 10th September 2023, 02:32 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob4 View Post
I don't know about that Dem? I have a massive 'to buy' list so I'll have to think about it. It's likely to be in print for several years so a cheaper import option might become available and it's not my favourite Hammer by any means!

I remember seeing the poster at my local fleapit and thinking that it looked just about the most exciting thing I had ever seen but of course I was too young to get in. Then the first House of Hammer magazine I bought was Issue 4 with a comic strip adaptation of the film which further fuelled my imagination and raised my expectations. However, when I finally got to see it I was entertained but disappointed - it appeared cheap and a bit of a rush job compared to previous Hammer films.

Maybe a new scan will change my mind...?
Well for me it's a completists release only. I don't rate the film very highly at all. Although i have to say a lot of people love it.

Had it been around the £20 mark i'd wouldn't be bothering.
Rob4 and Nuno_Miranda like this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!