All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree263Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15th July 2008, 05:20 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Shite artwork apart from THE BURNING.....I take it any hopes of a SHAMELESS release of House and Beyond are out the window then?
However,it would not surprise me if Blackhorse DO NOT own the rights of these films,as I heard Vipco often just released these titles without rights ownership.
Old 15th July 2008, 05:26 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

It's a shame the cover art for House by the Cemetery (correct spelling) is missing the blood on the knife because during the 80's the VPRC refused to allow Vipco to use a cover where blood could be seen on the knife. I see no reason why there should be a problem today.
Old 15th July 2008, 07:12 PM
Seasoned Cultist
Good Trader

[QUOTE=Halloween_22;9801]I don't think Sewage Baby did ever get a DVD release, it took me long enough to track it down on video , I could be wrong but i've never found one. I really enjoyed the Slime aswell, thats great fun, the scenes where his body parts are crawling around and just won't die is hilarious.

Theres a r1 release of sewage baby from elite,under the title ,the suckling.Quite cheap too.I have it and thoroughly enjoyed it in a so bad its good kinda way.

The slime is also out on r1 from retro shock-o-rama,as slime city,with plentiful extras!
Old 15th July 2008, 09:18 PM
Cult Addict
Senior Moderator Alumni

Quote:
Originally Posted by reaper72 View Post
Shite artwork apart from THE BURNING.....I take it any hopes of a SHAMELESS release of House and Beyond are out the window then?
If this is the case then it looks as if Night Of The Demon (if reissued) will also be the same cut print as before too. Totally senseless re-releasing it in my opinion.

Their release of The Burning is a widescreen print (unlike the previous Vipco one) and passed without cuts by the BBFC. It could well be a direct copy (or theft) of the recently released U.S MGM print.
Old 16th July 2008, 12:36 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

VIPCO released The Burning 3 times, The Burning, The Burning Special Edition and The Full Uncut Edition, neither of which were WideScreen.

Seems strange releasing Turkey Shoot aka Blood Camp Thatcher, as this was released not too long ago by , OZ Exploition as Turkey Shoot.

I think the E I 'Eaten Alive' / Death Trap art is fantastic. Im definately gonna buy it even though I have this title 3 times on DVD and 1 VHS.Brilliant film .
I'll also buy CH even though i've 1 EC uncut DVD plus 2 back up CD-R's and 5 VIPCO 25th spec ed. DVD 's plus all THOTEOTP that came with it, and an uncut Dutch VHS.

Any news on the original Tool Box Murders Vince.?.

Last edited by vipco; 16th July 2008 at 12:50 AM.
Old 16th July 2008, 10:22 AM
Cult Addict
Senior Moderator Alumni

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipco View Post
Any news on the original Tool Box Murders Vince.?.
Nothing yet. It depends on if Blackhorse can be bothered to resubmit the uncut versions or simply reissue the cut ones. More likely the latter if Cannibal Holocaust is anything to go by.

I can't see the sense of it myself. Toolbox, Night of The Demon etc would all pass intact now.
Old 16th July 2008, 11:30 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

They wouldn't have got much waived with CH by the BBFC , if anything, but it seemed silly, and expensive, resubmitting the exact copy they already had the current and previous disrabution rights for anyway.
As far as im aware they could have just put out the existing version without a costly submission, as it was already BBFC classified .
You'd think Blackhorse / JEFF would have knew this as they aren't exactly new to the dvd game.

Be interesting to see what else they now have the rights to and how they go about releasing them.
Old 16th July 2008, 05:09 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

I've preordered THE BURNING even though I own the Vipco vaults and the superb MGM versions......you just GOTTA love that artwork...
Old 17th July 2008, 01:26 PM
Competitions Moderator
Good Trader

Hello!

Which of these Vipco releases do you guys think is the best 3?

-Spookies & Blade In The Dark

- Pranks & God Told Me To

- Case Of The Bloody Iris

- House Of Clocks

- House Of Witchcraft

- House Of Lost Souls

- Sweet House Of Horrors

- Death Trap (or Eaten Alive - one of them is the uncut version)

-Psychic Killer

I was just wondering since www.sendit.com have a 3 for 10pounds on these titles.

Thanks guys
Old 17th July 2008, 09:53 PM
Seasoned Cultist
Good Trader

I'd definatley go with 'Spookies/Blade In The Dark' Blade's not that great but Spookies is a really enjoyable film, definatley worth adding to the collection. 'House Of Clocks' is another great one and for the other i'd go with 'Death Trap'. That's what i'd recommend anyway mate, hope it helps

Might have to check out that website myself. I've been after 'Pranks/ God Told Me To' for ages, only titles i need to complete my screamtime collection.

Like this? Share it using the links below!