Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree263Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 2nd July 2008, 06:35 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

City of the Living Dead - for the commentary

Zombie Dead (Burial Ground) - "I'm your friend!"

Zombie Creeping Flesh - So impressive how they got Peter Cushing to cameo as the zombie in the park at the end!

Stagefright

Last edited by Beyond72; 3rd July 2008 at 09:12 AM.
Old 11th July 2008, 07:54 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Anyone noticed the amount of Vipco back catalogue titles due for rerelease?
Has Mike Lee risen from the ashes?-Wouldn't surprise me,he's got more lives than a cat....no doubt be Blackhorse,and will no doubt be the same 'digitally remastered' 25th generation quality transfers....
Old 11th July 2008, 10:40 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Death Trap's been re released with terrific artwork, but im told here on forum the release company haven't a great track record, still that cover alone's worth the 8 quid asking price.

Cannibal Holocaust is re released July 28th through Blackhorse.

Have to keep this thread alive to see what surfaces were, and in what quality.
Old 14th July 2008, 03:37 PM
Seasoned Cultist
Good Trader

I've managed to build up a fairly decent Vipco collection recently, most of the titles I've got are the Screamtime ones though. I do have a few of the old vhs releases with artwork that I bought some time ago, my favourites are definatley The Incredible Melting Man, Stagefright, The Slayer, The Slime and Sewage Baby

Can't believe no-ones mentioned Sewage Baby, it's a shockingly bad film but it's hilarious at the same time. The best part about it is the end credits though, which for some irrelevant reason double up as a totally random short melt movie, it's really bizarre.
Old 14th July 2008, 06:48 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Sewage Baby and The Sime are odd films, but great fun and definitely worth owniing along with The Nostril Picker.
Did it get a dvd release.? (Sewage Baby) I had it on vhs but could never find it on dvd.
I wouldn't mind picking it up on dvd.

Shogun Assassin is also a good VIPCO release, though I bought both WS and Standard screen, as although great looking in WS the film is really small compared to the big black boarders top and bottom.

Theres some great films in the Scream Time black jacket series, well worth a fiver, but the picture covers still sell ror ?20, so I use the black jacket series for films like The Dungeon, which I recon is the worst film i've ever saw.

The Last Hunter and The Bronx Warriors also favourite's of mine. Great film.'s and Bronx Warriors 1 & 2 is out as a double disc set for a tenner now, good quality prints as well.

Death Trap has been re released by another company under the title ' Eaten Alive'. Fantastic artwork on this release. The best i've seen for this film.

Whats your favourite VIPCO title Hal 22.?

Have you seen the photo of reap's VIPCO collection on this Thread.? Very, impressive indeed , and all with original artwork too.

Last edited by vipco; 14th July 2008 at 07:08 PM.
Old 14th July 2008, 07:22 PM
Seasoned Cultist
Good Trader

I don't think Sewage Baby did ever get a DVD release, it took me long enough to track it down on video , I could be wrong but i've never found one. I really enjoyed the Slime aswell, thats great fun, the scenes where his body parts are crawling around and just won't die is hilarious.

Yeah, I saw that photo, thats one hell of a collection, really impressive. I've got a couple of those same vhs versions but nowhere near as many as that. Most of mine are Screamtime versions.

Vipco did release some great titles back in the day, I'd have to say the Burning uncut is definatley one of my favourite movies they put out. Don't know if I could choose one in particular but it would probably be between that and The Beyond, although there are way better versions of that out there.

I don't own Bronx Warriors 1 & 2 yet but I really want to get a hold of them before they disappear, I'll have to track down that double disc set you mentioned. Thanks man.
Old 14th July 2008, 10:23 PM
Cult Addict
Senior Moderator Alumni

House By The Cemetery is also being released by Blackhorse in July. No information on the BBFC's site yet. I wonder if they submitted the uncut version or the same print as before (minus 33 secs).

Both this and Toolbox Murders would fly through uncut now.
Old 14th July 2008, 11:27 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Whats with all the Blackhorse involvement reciently Vince.
Seems any former VIPCO or Hardgore title that gets a re release lately is conected in some way to Blackhorse .

I cant remember the name of the label Blackhorse are using to re release CH through, but its not VIPCO , even though their using the VIPCO tagline from the first UK release on the new cover .
As far as I know Mike Lee's holding onto the VIPCO brand name.

Blackhorse seem to have something to do with JEFF FILMS.

From what i've been told of JEFF FILMS , they aren't famed for they're quality, so even if THBTC is uncut, I wouldn't expect it to be any better quality than the now deleted VIPCO print.

Last edited by vipco; 15th July 2008 at 12:23 AM.
Old 15th July 2008, 06:33 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincenzo View Post
House By The Cemetery is also being released by Blackhorse in July. No information on the BBFC's site yet. I wonder if they submitted the uncut version or the same print as before (minus 33 secs).

Both this and Toolbox Murders would fly through uncut now.
Toolbox was surprisingly passed uncut with an R, which meant it was deemed suitable for children providing they are accompanied by an adult. Very lenient considering the bathtub scene. The BBFC on the other hand seemed to think the film wasn't suitable for adults. It's almost unheard of now for the BBFC to object to material that has been awarded an R rating. Toolbox Murders was one of the last films to be cut.

Last edited by Angel; 15th July 2008 at 06:35 AM.
Old 15th July 2008, 10:31 AM
Cult Addict
Senior Moderator Alumni

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipco View Post
Whats with all the Blackhorse involvement reciently Vince.
It looks as if Blackhorse have access to Vipco's back catalogue.

So far Cannibal Holocaust, The Burning (now widescreen) and House By The Cemetery are all listed for July releases on Amazon by Blackhorse. Mountain Of The Cannibal God is scheduled for August and The Beyond for September (no illustrations for these two as yet).

Vault Of Horror, Turkey Shoot and Zombie Flesh Eaters 2 & 3 are also on the itinerary.

Death Trap (as Eaten Alive) is distributed by Video International.

Like this? Share it using the links below!