Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree263Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21st April 2011, 04:43 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

I read that he'd found god or something. The Beyond Terror releases are just repacks of the old Vipco stuff - the covers are different but the discs inside are the Vipco screamtime discs. Hardgore were a decent label, but their dvd cover art was shit. I think the people who ran Hardgore have something to with new label 101 Films.
Old 21st April 2011, 08:13 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete View Post
I read that he'd found god or something. .

And is now doing twenty years pennance for inflicting us with Vipco quality dics!

Go in peace my son-for your pennance say one million Our Fathers and two million Hail Mary's.....

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 21st April 2011, 08:24 PM
Cult Acolyte

I've read that Blue Underground are to release The Nesting to DVD/BD.Was this the film previously available from Vipco under the title Massacre Mansion? For some reason Vipco's pre-cert artwork for this has always stuck in my mind.
Old 21st April 2011, 08:27 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vampix View Post
I've read that Blue Underground are to release The Nesting to DVD/BD.Was this the film previously available from Vipco under the title Massacre Mansion? For some reason Vipco's pre-cert artwork for this has always stuck in my mind.
Vipco used the title THE NESTING. It was MANSION OF THE DOOMED that they re-titled MASSACRE MANSION.
Old 21st April 2011, 08:28 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Yeah different film Vamp.

Vipco did release THE NESTING on a rental vhs way before they were into the coaster market.

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 21st April 2011, 08:29 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper@Cult Labs View Post

And is now doing twenty years pennance for inflicting us with Vipco quality dics!

Go in peace my son-for your pennance say one million Our Fathers and two million Hail Mary's.....
LOL
Old 21st April 2011, 08:51 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

The big man works in mysterious ways Pete.....

Old 21st April 2011, 09:02 PM
Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete View Post
I read that he'd found god or something. The Beyond Terror releases are just repacks of the old Vipco stuff - the covers are different but the discs inside are the Vipco screamtime discs. Hardgore were a decent label, but their dvd cover art was shit. I think the people who ran Hardgore have something to with new label 101 Films.
Many thanks, Pete, I have heard Vipco were making a comeback, though....(god save us!), I saw some impressive pics on here the other day inanother thread i think of peoples collections of Vipco releases, and as a collector, found them fascinating...( I am sure people say that about my Sex Pistols collection....including many of the dodgiest releases possible). I was suprised to find Hardgore product in Poundland a while back, as i heard they were part of Screen Entertainment, who released versions of Debbie Does Dallas 1 and 2 in butchered uk edits, and were then bought out by Blue Underground.........anyone know more about this????
Old 22nd April 2011, 02:48 PM
Ex-member

Vipco got me to buy Mountain of the Cannibal God, and Island of Death. Both of them look pretty good to me. I got the EC and Arrow releases (respectively) since then, (cause I really liked both of them) but I did buy House of Clocks and Ghosthouse on 'Beyond Terror' as of late.

If you ask me, the Vipco DVDs are pretty cult nowadays.
Old 22nd April 2011, 03:42 PM
Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotten View Post
[COLOR="YellowGreen"]does anyone know what Mike Lee is upto now? last thing i saw was a tv interview in the joan bakewell series TABOO on bbc2 a few years back before vipco went under. I have seen that Cornerstone and Beyond Terror have picked up the catalougue and that most most of his releases were bootlegs (???), Imust admit i liked the fact the transfers of his films were awful, as it gave them a certain charm. Also,anyone know anything about the Hardgore label? I have collected lots of their product too.]
ive got 2 hardgore releases which are The Stink Of Flesh and I Spit on your grave

Like this? Share it using the links below!