Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree263Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 6th January 2014, 08:33 AM
Cult Rookie

Default VIPCOS Vault website

Hello all,
maybe not the place to introduce myself but I'm another VIPCO obsessive. I received a message from Reaperman about the forum and in particular this thread so I thought I'd introduce myself and my website.
I'm a researcher working on a project about the Video Nasties, VIPCO and the development of video and DVD in the UK.
As well as interviewing various key industry figures I have been collating the artwork and other ephemera at the website vipcosvault.co.uk alongside a reproduction of their website is a catalogue of titles, ads and interviews from the VIPCO's beginnings to when they shut up shop.
Obviously you all know VIPCO get a lot of grief about the quality of their releases, transfers, lack of extras etc. So there is a questionnaire to try and gauge the impact VIPCO might have had.
If anyone can help fill in the significant gaps in the release database please get in touch, I'm looking for artwork and catalogue numbers, and then I'll add the releases to the site along with trailers and synopsis and there is also a reviews option on each film.

I'm a fan of VIPCO from the early days so I'm hoping the site will eventually become a complete archive of everything VIPCO, fingers crossed

so if you've got 5 minutes take a look and let me know what you think

cheers

Mark
Old 6th January 2014, 12:45 PM
Active Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by vilemark1975 View Post
Hello all,
maybe not the place to introduce myself but I'm another VIPCO obsessive. I received a message from Reaperman about the forum and in particular this thread so I thought I'd introduce myself and my website.
I'm a researcher working on a project about the Video Nasties, VIPCO and the development of video and DVD in the UK.
As well as interviewing various key industry figures I have been collating the artwork and other ephemera at the website vipcosvault.co.uk alongside a reproduction of their website is a catalogue of titles, ads and interviews from the VIPCO's beginnings to when they shut up shop.
Obviously you all know VIPCO get a lot of grief about the quality of their releases, transfers, lack of extras etc. So there is a questionnaire to try and gauge the impact VIPCO might have had.
If anyone can help fill in the significant gaps in the release database please get in touch, I'm looking for artwork and catalogue numbers, and then I'll add the releases to the site along with trailers and synopsis and there is also a reviews option on each film.

I'm a fan of VIPCO from the early days so I'm hoping the site will eventually become a complete archive of everything VIPCO, fingers crossed

so if you've got 5 minutes take a look and let me know what you think

cheers

Mark
Done
Old 6th January 2014, 12:59 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
so if you've got 5 minutes take a look and let me know what you think...
Excellent site Mark, and well worth more than 5mins of anyone's time. Brought back a lot of memories - especially the early 90's re-issues. I really love the appearance of the tag lines ("Meet the greatest team in the history of mass slaughter") when you move the cursor over the VHS sleeve. Design wise it all looks great, and perfectly laid out. Fantastic stuff...
Old 6th January 2014, 01:08 PM
Cult Rookie

Thanks Wes and Applecore. Its taken a little while to get it together. A bit of a labour of love but there's still a lot missing from the database that I'll add as I get hold of the artwork and catalogue numbers. thanks for taking the time to look and feel free to review any titles you loved or hated from vipcos back catalogue and spread the word! the more completed questionnaires the better

thanks
Old 6th January 2014, 02:36 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

I just took the survey (which was interesting and worthwhile), so all the best with the site, I'll definitely check back to see what stuff has been added.
Old 6th January 2014, 03:10 PM
Cult Rookie

cheers Wes, much appreciated
Old 6th January 2014, 03:19 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

I saw this site a couple of weeks ago.

Its fantastic. I was looking up something and came across the site. Really comprehensive - art, trailers, and write ups. Needless to say it went straight to my faves folder.

Top stuff Mark.
Old 6th January 2014, 03:26 PM
Cult Rookie

Cheers, its good to know its proving useful. still a way to go, and I've got quite a bit of stuff to scan in, I've got some promotional matches that were part of the Burning promotion. I'll have to get around to getting all this stuff up there.
Old 6th January 2014, 03:29 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Cheers, its good to know its proving useful. still a way to go, and I've got quite a bit of stuff to scan in, I've got some promotional matches that were part of the Burning promotion. I'll have to get around to getting all this stuff up there.
I hope you stick with it. Its a real labour of love.

All credit to you.
Old 23rd February 2014, 09:35 PM
Cult Rookie

I've just picked up 2 more of the VIPCO pre certs.

Immoral

and

Invaders of the Lost Gold

Closing in on completing the pre certs though I'm not very hopeful of finding Introducing Badminton!

Like this? Share it using the links below!