Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree263Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28th April 2008, 09:53 PM
Cult Addict
Senior Moderator Alumni

Vipco also released New York Ripper on the Vaults Of Horror label though it only appeared on VHS (the DVD release was cancelled). It was also cut by 22 secs (the chest/nipple slashing).
Old 29th April 2008, 06:10 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Why was the DVD cancelled, Vince?
Old 29th April 2008, 09:04 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

I have the VIPCO NY Ripper on dvd.
Old 29th April 2008, 09:21 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

There are now VIPCO double bills starting to appear, Bronx Warriors 1 & 2 and Suicide and The Dungeon, so far.
The Dungeon has to be the worst film i've ever seen, terrible movie, terrible print.

Sucide was cut slightly, I think to the wrist scene, not certain but I know it had minimal cuts.

Reep's pretty much nailed the list, theres a few missing so i'll check the old 90's catolouge as you can still pick up these films at markets etc and my collection and print them up later.

Angel, Suicide, depressing ,? I thought the guy who changed his mind but accidentally fell to his death was a laff. Serves him right for trying to break Gods law.
Old 29th April 2008, 10:33 AM
Cultist in Training

Yes good budget war film (The Last Hunter)! Reaper, did u know there are two small dialogue missing in that film while the 8 secs cut (for attempted rape) now restored for DVD release?

BTW I have some Vipco DVDs here and these are all full uncut! They are as follow shown below...

The Last Hunter
The Slayer
The Burning (I also have R1 disc in widescreen and includes english subtitles)
The Nostril Picker
Shogun Assassin
House Of Clocks
The Beyond (should've bght the R1!)
House By The Cemetary
and
Death Trap

Last edited by HunterBFH; 29th April 2008 at 10:36 AM.
Old 29th April 2008, 10:43 AM
Cult Addict
Senior Moderator Alumni

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipco View Post
I have the VIPCO NY Ripper on dvd.
That's quite a rarity then Vipco. According to assorted comments the DVD was cancelled and the film only appeared on VHS. I've never seen a Vipco DVD of NYR and even Shameless say that theirs is the first UK DVD release of the film.

One source said the DVD was cancelled because certain shops refused to stock it. Another says it was due to a printing error on the DVD sleeve (wrongly claiming it was uncut). Takes yer pick really.

Brian, the Vipco release of House By The Cemetery is cut.
Old 29th April 2008, 10:50 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipco View Post
Sucide was cut slightly, I think to the wrist scene, not certain but I know it had minimal cuts.

Angel, Suicide, depressing ,? I thought the guy who changed his mind but accidentally fell to his death was a laff. Serves him right for trying to break Gods law.
Wasn't cut by the BBFC, Vipco. They would have no reason to cut the wrist cutting scene. Suicide scenes are never cut by the BBFC unless they are aimed at children or are likely to appeal to children or, as in the case of Rules of Attraction involves an unsual technique.

I found the film very depressing, especially as it was made up entirely of scenes showing people committing suicide. I had to force myself to sit through it right to the end. I found it very realistic. The only reason I watched it was because somebody asked me why the BBFC passed it uncut otherwise I wouldn't have bothered.

Last edited by Angel; 29th April 2008 at 10:53 AM.
Old 29th April 2008, 10:56 AM
Cult Addict
Senior Moderator Alumni

Isn't Strange Behaviour also cut for the same method of wrist-cutting?

I haven't seen Suicide as yet. Judging by the comments it isn't the most uplifting of films.
Old 29th April 2008, 11:06 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Look forward to your comments on Suicide if you ever see it, Vince. I'll be surprised if you like the film though.

Yes Strange Behaviour was also cut for this technique and Just a Kiss. I heard they passed it in The Craft but I haven't seen that. I suspect that it will be cut today.
Old 29th April 2008, 11:14 AM
Cult Addict
Senior Moderator Alumni

I have The Craft on a VHS 2-on-1 with Urban Legend but haven't watched it for ages. I'll check to see how detailed the footage is.

Like this? Share it using the links below!