Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28th August 2009, 01:54 PM
Cult Acolyte

Location: From the bowels of Newcastle Upon Tyne he came....to collect DVDs and BRs!
Super Happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philleh View Post
I need to splash out on their Prison release - looks nice!!

Is this title available now? Only i thought AWE were still putting the finishing touches on it.

Great film and this Danish edition should knock spots off Optimum's bare-bones U.K. equivalent.
Old 29th August 2009, 01:18 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

The AWE Prison disc will have an interview with the director.

Letterboxd | Youtube | Twitter
Old 30th August 2009, 10:05 AM
Cult Acolyte

Location: From the bowels of Newcastle Upon Tyne he came....to collect DVDs and BRs!
Super Happy

That's right and i just purchased a copy of AWE's Prison off Ebay yesterday so my Optimum DVD is getting disposed of!
Old 4th September 2009, 08:39 AM
Cult Rookie

Default AWE Zombie Flesh Eaters

Hi folks. First post here, so hello to everybody!

I was wondering if anyone could shed any light on the AWE Zombie Flesh Eaters release compared to the Media Blasters special edition dvd?

I've heard the MB dvd is a great all round package, lovely print and loaded with extras but I'm tempted to go for the AWE release as it's more up to date re high res transfer and I've heard the print is amazing. Any possible pointers or even some screen grab comparison would be amazing.

Thanks!
Old 4th September 2009, 09:14 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breck View Post
Hi folks. First post here, so hello to everybody!

I was wondering if anyone could shed any light on the AWE Zombie Flesh Eaters release compared to the Media Blasters special edition dvd?

I've heard the MB dvd is a great all round package, lovely print and loaded with extras but I'm tempted to go for the AWE release as it's more up to date re high res transfer and I've heard the print is amazing. Any possible pointers or even some screen grab comparison would be amazing.

Thanks!
Hi Breck!

Both editions have the same transfer and 5.1 audio (although the AWE disc has DTS)
The MB edition is your best bet as it contains a feature lengh making off, interviews with Dakar and The Fat Zombie from the begining and a commentary with Ian Maculloch.

The AWE disc is good but has less extras: an interview with fx artist Rosario Prestopino and a doc about Fulci.

Hope that helps.

Old 4th September 2009, 10:28 AM
Cult Rookie

Problem solved! Thanks very much for the quick reply!

Also looking to get the AWE Profondo Rosso Ultimate Edition. Is it as good as people tell me..?
Old 4th September 2009, 06:07 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Just recieved my AWE TENTACLES and Warren's TERROR.

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 6th September 2009, 11:00 AM
Cult Acolyte

Super Happy

Nice covers on AWE's Tentacles and Terror DVDs!

Isn't there supposed to be a tiny snippet of footage missing from the BU and SS versions of ZFE? When the zombies lay siege to the hospital at the end a jump in the print can be detected and if i recall correctly it's because something is lost but i just can't remember what the footage is.
Can anybody confirm this?

Also, that feature length documentary on the SS DVD is watchable but BU could've done a much more professional job imo.
The interview with the opening overweight zombie (the late 'Captain' Hagerty) was probably the best extra on the disc but SS deserve acclaim for making a decent effort anyway and i'd rather have the bonus material they included than do without it.
Old 6th September 2009, 01:30 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

The AWE disc of Cannibal Ferox is missing 8 seconds of not very important footage.

Old 11th September 2009, 06:07 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

I see they're releasing both the softcore and hardcore versions of 99 Women in November

Cover looks sexy too:

Welcome to The Deuce

Like this? Share it using the links below!