Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree26051Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24th September 2017, 09:08 AM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
If I have the Region A MGM/Twentieth Century Fox Blu-ray release, so I was going to pass, but a whole load of new extra features might make me reconsider.
It's the same transfer as scream Factory s so should look and sound way better than that release.
Old 24th September 2017, 05:35 PM
Cult Acolyte

yep Carrie for me. i'm glad its a quiet month as my wallet was bending under the strain of the recent Powerhouse goodies and i really need to catch up on some Premium Collection titles. wonder what the US exclusive will be? i'm excited and perturbed at the same time as importing those are always a strain on the finances
Demoncrat, keirarts and trebor8273 like this.
Old 25th September 2017, 11:26 AM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

The 5 for £30 is back in HMV with some new titles added such as Pulse and Evil Ed.

Unfortunately I don't know if I can even find 3 which I don't have, and want, to make a 3 for £20... However, good for those who want to bridge gaps.

https://store.hmv.com/blu-ray/arrow-...30-or-3-for-20
keirarts and Graeme73 like this.

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 25th September 2017, 01:02 PM
Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by keirarts View Post
It's the same transfer as scream Factory s so should look and sound way better than that release.
...with hopefully a better encode
keirarts likes this.
Old 25th September 2017, 08:11 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Anybody got Suspicious Death of a Minor yet? Waiting for amazon to dispatch my pre order, hopefully will arrive by the end of the week!
Old 25th September 2017, 08:52 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nostalgic View Post
Anybody got Suspicious Death of a Minor yet? Waiting for amazon to dispatch my pre order, hopefully will arrive by the end of the week!
Got mine from Arrow with don't torture a duckling last week. Not seen it but I have watched don't torture a duckling and I'm very impressed.
Demoncrat likes this.
Old 26th September 2017, 05:18 AM
Cult Master

ARROW ACADEMY

"NEW UK/US TITLE: The Apartment (Limited Edition Blu-ray)

Wilder’s masterpiece now shines like never before in this all-new, 4K-restored edition

Release dates 11/12 December 2017

In 1960, following on from the success of their collaboration on Some Like it Hot, director Billy Wilder (Ace in the Hole, Sunset Boulevard) reteamed with actor Jack Lemmon (The Odd Couple, Glengarry Glen Ross) for what many consider the pinnacle of their respective careers: The Apartment.

C.C. “Bud” Baxter (Lemmon) is a lowly Manhattan office drone with a lucrative sideline in renting out his apartment to adulterous company bosses and their mistresses. When Bud enters into a similar arrangement the firm’s personnel director, J.D. Sheldrake (Fred MacMurray, Double Indemnity), his career prospects begin to look up… and up. But when he discovers that Sheldrake’s mistress is Fran Kubelik (Shirley MacLaine, Irma la Douce), the girl of his dreams, he finds himself forced to choose between his career and the woman he loves…

Winner of five Academy Awards®, including Best Picture, The Apartment features a wealth of Hollywood’s finest talent – on both sides of the camera – at the top of their game. By turns cynical, heart-warming and hilarious, Wilder’s masterpiece now shines like never before in this all-new, 4K-restored edition from Arrow Films.

LIMITED EDITION CONTENTS
• Limited Deluxe Edition Blu-ray [3000 copies]
• Brand new 4K restoration of the film from the original camera negative
• Original uncompressed PCM mono audio
• Optional 5.1 remix in lossless DTS-HD Master Audio
• Optional English SDH subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
• Audio commentary with film producer and historian Bruce Block
• New appreciation of the film and select scene commentary by film historian Philip Kemp
• The Flawed Couple, a new video essay by filmmaker David Cairns on the collaborations between Billy Wilder and Jack Lemmon
• Billy Wilder ABC, an overview by David Cairns on the life and career of the filmmaker, covering his films, collaborators and more
• New interview with actress Hope Holiday
• Inside the Apartment, a half-hour “making-of” featurette from 2007 including interviews with Shirley MacLaine, executive producer Walter Mirisch, and others
• Magic Time: The Art of Jack Lemmon, an archive profile of the actor from 2007
• Original screenplay by Billy Wilder and I.A.L. Diamond (BD-ROM content)
• Theatrical trailer
• Special collector’s packaging featuring newly commissioned artwork by Ignatius Fitzpatrick
• Collector’s 150-page hardcover book featuring new writing by Neil Sinyard, Kat Ellinger, Travis Crawford and Heather Hyche, generously illustrated with rare stills and behind-the-scenes imagery
"

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 26th September 2017, 05:21 AM
Cult Master

ARROW ACADEMY

"NEW UK TITLE: Éric Rohmer Collection (Limited Edition Blu-ray)

The Éric Rohmer Collection brings together ten of his best works

Release date 11th December 2017

Éric Rohmer enjoyed a remarkable career. Between 1949, when he started work on his first short film, to the release of his final effort, The Romance of Astrea and Celadon, in 2007, Rohmer directed some 28 features, as well as numerous shorts and documentaries, many of them masterpieces.

The Éric Rohmer Collection brings together ten of the best: the complete six-film Comédies et proverbes series; his 1976 adaptation of Heinrich von Kleist’s novella, The Marquise of O..., recipient of the Grand Prix at that year’s Cannes Film Festival; his outstanding Arthurian tale, Perceval; his delightful portrayal of female friendship, Four Adventures of Reinette and Mirabelle; and, making its UK debut in any format, The Tree, the Mayor and the Mediatheque.

Complemented by numerous bonus features, this limited edition Blu-ray set provides both a welcome opportunity for the newcomer to explore the work of a great director as well as a must-have collection for the die-hard Rohmer fan.

LIMITED EDITION CONTENTS
• Limited edition Blu-ray boxed-set (2,000 copies)
• High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) presentations of ten Éric Rohmer features: The Aviator's Wife, A Good Marriage, Pauline at the Beach, Full Moon in Paris, The Green Ray, My Girlfriend's Boyfriend, The Marquise of O..., and exclusive to this collection only: Perceval, Four Adventures of Reinette and Mirabelle and The Tree, the Mayor and the Mediatheque
• Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard-of-hearing
• Introductions to The Aviator’s Wife, A Good Marriage, Pauline at the Beach, Full Moon in Paris and The Green Ray by Éric Rohmer
• Brand-new appreciation of Rohmer by filmmaker and actor Richard Ayoade, recorded exclusively for this release
• Nestor Almendros: Director of Photography, an hour-long French television documentary profile of Perceval, The Marquise of O... and Pauline at the Beach’s cinematographer
• Two full-length episodes of the French television series Ciné regards devoted to the making and release of Perceval
• Effraction: Tchéky Karyo, an hour-long French television documentary profile of the Full Moon in Paris actor
• On-set report from the making of My Girlfriend’s Boyfriend
• Archive interview with Bruno Ganz on The Marquise of O...
• Archive interview with André Dussollier on The Aviator’s Wife
• Archive interview with Claude-Jean Philippe and Caroline Champetier on Pauline at the Beach
• Archive interview with Arielle Dombasle on Pauline at the Beach
• Archive interview with Pascale Ogier on Full Moon in Paris
• Archive interview with Marie Rivière on The Green Ray
• Archive interview with Joëlle Miquel on Four Adventures of Reinette and Mirabelle
• Audio interview with Rohmer
• Changing Landscapes, a 1964 documentary short directed by Rohmer
• Trailers for The Aviator’s Wife, A Good Marriage, Pauline at the Beach, Full Moon in Paris, The Green Ray and My Girlfriend’s Boyfriend
• Newly commissioned artwork by Matt Griffin
• Limited edition book containing new writing on the film by Jonathan Romney, Geoff Andrew, Philip Lopate, Geoffrey Macnab, David Jenkins, Tara Judah, Sophie Monks Kaufman, Justine Smith, Andy Miller and Brad Stevens"

Demoncrat and keirarts like this.

Old 26th September 2017, 05:24 AM
Cult Master

ARROW ACADEMY

"NEW UK TITLE: Lost in Paris (Blu-ray and DVD releases)

A wonderfully composed comedy that evokes the physical humour of Jacques Tati and Buster Keaton.

Release date: December 4th

Following their festival smashes Rumba and Fairy, Dominique Abel and Fiona Gordon are back with the whimsical Lost in Paris. Told in their signature vaudeville style, Lost in Paris is a wonderfully composed comedy that evokes the physical humour of Jacques Tati and Buster Keaton.

After receiving a letter from her visually impaired (and ever so slightly senile) Aunt Martha (Emmanuelle Riva, Amour, Three Colours Blue), Fiona takes the trip from Canada to France. Except Martha has disappeared, putting Fiona in the middle of a calamitous hunt for the missing nonagenarian. After a mishap while taking a picture at the Eiffel Tower, Fiona finds herself without any of her belongings, soaking wet and, as the title suggests, Lost in Paris. A chance meeting with a quirky homeless man, Dom, sees a relationship blossom across the city’s famous sights and streets.

Playing major festivals across the world, real-life husband and wife co-star, co-direct and co-write this hilarious saunter across France’s capital. With some of the funniest sight gags of modern cinema, Lost in Paris brings a heart-warming glow to the screen.

BLU-RAY SPECIAL EDITION CONTENTS:
• High Definition (1080p) Blu-ray Presentation
• Original 5.1 surround sound
• Optional English subtitles
• Abel & Gordon and the Quest for Burlesque – a video essay by Variety film critic Peter Debruge
• Walking on the Wild Side, The Tent – two short films by Abel & Gordon
• Theatrical trailer
• Reversible sleeve featuring two artwork options

FIRST PRESSING ONLY: Collector's booklet featuring new writing on the film, and a note from the directors

DVD SPECIAL EDITION CONTENTS:
• High Definition digital transfer
• Abel & Gordon and the Quest for Burlesque – a video essay by Variety film critic Peter Debruge
• Walking on the Wild Side, The Tent – two short films by Abel & Gordon
• Theatrical trailer
• Reversible sleeve featuring two artwork options"

Old 26th September 2017, 05:26 AM
Cult Master

ARROW ACADEMY

"NEW UK TITLE: Amour Fou (Blu-ray and DVD releases)

An austere, yet humorous take on mortality and love.

Release date: December 4th

Loosely based on the actual double suicide of the celebrated German author Heinrich von Kleist and Henriette Vogel in 1811, this beautiful period film is an austere, yet humorous take on mortality and love.

Mournful young poet Heinrich (Christian Friedel, The White Ribbon) tries in vain to convince his cousin Marie to join him in a suicide pact. Whilst coming to terms with her refusal, Heinrich meets Henriette (Birte Schnöink), the wife of a business acquaintance. The beautiful young woman is at first mystified by his perplexing offer, but she acquiesces when she is diagnosed with a terminal illness.

Austrian auteur Jessica Hausner deconstructs the traditional tropes of romance and comedy in this wry but profound chamber piece which was lauded by the critics, and is presented here on DVD and Blu-ray with with an array of contextualising extras including an interview and audio commentary with the director.

BLU-RAY SPECIAL EDITION CONTENTS:
• High Definition (1080p) Blu-ray Presentation
• Audio commentary by director Jessica Hausner
• Interview with Jessica Hausner
• Deleted scenes
• Hausner’s short film Oida about the musical duo Attwenger
• Theatrical trailer
• Reversible sleeve featuring two artwork options

FIRST PRESSING ONLY: Collector's booklet featuring new writing on the film by Margaret Deriaz

DVD SPECIAL EDITION CONTENTS:
• Standard Definition Presentation
• Audio commentary by director Jessica Hausner
• Interview with Jessica Hausner
• Deleted scenes
• Hausner’s short film Oida about the musical duo Attwenger
• Theatrical trailer
• Reversible sleeve featuring two artwork options"

Like this? Share it using the links below!