Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree26056Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12th April 2018, 09:34 PM
Cult Addict

The original VHS was a 15 so it was probably something to do with extra features that featured something worthy of an 18.

This has been the case with films in the past that had a trailer reel featuring other rated 18 films.

61uPmjqi4eL._SX425_.jpg
keirarts and fuzzymctiger like this.

MIKE: I've got it! Peter Cushing! We've got to drive a stake through his heart!
VYVYAN: Great! I'll get the car!
NEIL: I'll get a cushion.
Old 13th April 2018, 08:03 AM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nostalgic View Post
The new release of Killer Klowns is rated 12, previously this has been a 15 and at one point an 18. Anybody able to verify if anything's been cut or if the bbfc just realised it's all rubber after all, lol! I know Terminator got re rated 15 and that was strange enough but to go from an 18 to a 12 is a lot!
Looking on the bbfc site, it seems as though it's uncut

Sent from my PRA-LX1 using Tapatalk
keirarts likes this.
Old 13th April 2018, 08:52 AM
Cult Addict

As above. I used to own the VHS release. I always remember it being a 15.....

61uPmjqi4eL.jpg
Old 13th April 2018, 09:02 AM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
The new release of Killer Klowns is rated 12, previously this has been a 15 and at one point an 18. Anybody able to verify if anything's been cut or if the bbfc just realised it's all rubber after all, lol! I know Terminator got re rated 15 and that was strange enough but to go from an 18 to a 12 is a lot!
It's unlikely anything has changed to the package as the 2014 steelbook was rated 12 for 'moderate horror and one use of strong language'. What has probably happened is the BBFC have, either now or four years ago, looked at the extra features and the 'strong language' in the film, commentary or a featurette which may have put it into 15 category in the past now means it is suitable for a 12 certificate.
nosferatu42 likes this.
Old 13th April 2018, 02:03 PM
Cult Master

Arrow Academy

"NEW UK TITLE: The Third Murder (Blu-ray/DVD separates)

From internationally lauded Japanese director Hirokazu Kore-eda comes The Third Murder

Release date: 23rd July

From internationally lauded Japanese director Hirokazu Kore-eda (After The Storm; Like Father, Like Son) comes The Third Murder, a complex death-sentence drama which tells of one man’s hunt for the truth whilst investigating the murky events of a gruesome murder.

Leading attorney Shigemori (Masaharu Fukuyama) takes on the defence of murder-robbery suspect Misumi (Kôji Yakusho) who served jail time for another murder 30 years ago. Shigemori’s chances of winning the case seem low - his client freely admits his guilt, despite facing the death penalty if he is convicted. As he digs deeper into the case and hears the testimonies of the victim’s family and Misumi himself, the once confident Shigemori begins to doubt whether his client is the murderer after all.

Kore-eda’s latest film sees the award-winning Japanese auteur eschew the intimate approach of his acclaimed family dramas and deliver an ice-cold courtroom drama, packed with mystery and suspense. The Third Murder has been a huge success with critics and audiences alike in Japan, where the film swept the Best Film, Best Director, Best Screenplay, Best Supporting Actor, Best Supporting Actress and Best Editing at the 41st Japan Academy Prize.

BLU-RAY SPECIAL EDITION CONTENTS
• High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) presentation
• Original 5.1 DTS-HD Master Audio
• Optional English subtitles
• The Making of The Third Murder, a new featurette on the film’s production
• Tony Rayns on The Third Murder, a newly filmed video appraisal by the expert on Asian cinema
• Stills gallery
• Original trailer
• Reversible sleeve featuring two artwork options

FIRST PRESSING ONLY: Illustrated collector's booklet featuring new writing on the films by Alexander Jacoby

DVD SPECIAL EDITION CONTENTS
• Standard Definition DVD presentation
• Original 5.1 surround sound
• Optional English subtitles
• The Making of The Third Murder, a new featurette on the film’s production
• Tony Rayns on The Third Murder, a newly filmed video appraisal by the expert on Asian cinema
• Stills gallery
• Original trailer
• Reversible sleeve featuring two artwork options"

Justin101 and Demoncrat like this.

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 13th April 2018, 02:07 PM
Cult Master

Arrow Academy

"UK/US TITLE: Woman is the Future of Man, Tale of Cinema: Two Films by Hong Sangsoo (Blu-ray)

Bringing together two films by Hong Sangsoo, the masterful South Korean filmmaker who has been favourably compared to that great French observer of human foibles, Eric Rohmer.

This collection brings together Women is the Future of Man and Tale of Cinema, the fifth and sixth films by Hong Sangsoo, the masterful South Korean filmmaker who has been favourably compared to that great French observer of human foibles, Eric Rohmer.

Women is the Future of Man tells of two long-time friends, a filmmaker (Kim Taewoo) and a teacher (Yoo Jitae), who have had an affair with the same woman (Sung Hyunah). The friends decide to meet the girl one more time and see what happens...

Tale of Cinema uses the trope of a film within a film to tell two stories, that of a depressive young man (Lee Kiwoo) who forms a suicide pact with a friend (Uhm Jiwon); and the tale of a filmmaker (Kim Sangkyung) who sees a film that he believes was based on his life, and who meets the actress from the film with view to turning their onscreen relationship into reality.

With these critically-acclaimed films, presented here in High Definition for the first time with a wealth of extras, Hong Sangsoo employs his idiosyncratic, measured style to create two compelling and truthful tapestries of human emotion and behaviour.

SPECIAL EDITION CONTENTS
• High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) presentation
• Original 5.1 DTS-HD Master Audio
• Newly translated optional English subtitles
• Newly filmed introductions to both films by Asian cinema expert Tony Rayns
• Interviews with Kim Sangkyung, Lee Kiwoo and Uhm Jiwon, the stars of Tale of Cinema
• Introduction to Woman is the Future of Man by director Martin Scorsese
• The Making Woman is the Future of Man, a featurette on the film’s production
• Interviews with the actors of Woman is the Future of Man
• Original trailers
• Stills gallery
• Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Scott Saslow

FIRST PRESSING ONLY: Illustrated collector's booklet featuring new writing on the films by Michael Sicinski"

Justin101 and Demoncrat like this.

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty

Last edited by Susan Foreman; 13th April 2018 at 04:39 PM.
Old 13th April 2018, 06:41 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Thanks for the Killer klowns info, am looking forward to getting it on payday as I haven't seen it since the vhs days & really enjoyed it, am hoping one day Critters gets the blu treatment one day, the first two at least are classics!
Old 16th April 2018, 11:06 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
It is a 12 and nothing has been cut. When you watch it, you can see there is nothing at all offensive or scary about it to warrant anything higher than a 12. Just times have changed and censorship has relaxed.

I should add that it's a brilliant film.

On a different note, why is every link I click on 404'd?
Demoncrat likes this.
Old 16th April 2018, 11:54 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Site stuff. I'm on a public PC just now, and I can't see anyone's avatars etc.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 18th April 2018, 06:47 PM
Cult Acolyte

Default Sleeping Dogs [Blu-ray]

Has anyone seen or know much about this ??? it looks really interesting..

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 01-226435.jpg (41.5 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg 71vLAAl1FTL._SL1024_.jpg (93.9 KB, 18 views)

Last edited by Inspector Abberline; 18th April 2018 at 07:32 PM.

Like this? Share it using the links below!