Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree26055Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 31st August 2021, 09:18 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Anyone know what ever happened to The Frightners 4K release , did it get cancelled?

Was it not supposed to release year for the 25th anniversary.
Old 31st August 2021, 09:25 PM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

A lot of those big name films they had postcards for have just vanished into thin air. It seems unlikely that either Inglorious Basterds or Wolf of Wall Street are going to come out now it's been well over 2 years...

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 1st September 2021, 05:20 AM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post
Anyone know what ever happened to The Frightners 4K release , did it get cancelled?

Was it not supposed to release year for the 25th anniversary.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
A lot of those big name films they had postcards for have just vanished into thin air. It seems unlikely that either Inglorious Basterds or Wolf of Wall Street are going to come out now it's been well over 2 years...
I'm still waiting for the Doris Wishman box set that was first announced back in May 2018!

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 1st September 2021, 06:34 AM
Cult Veteran

I'd forgotten about that it's been so long! I was hoping we'd get deadly weapons.

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 1st September 2021, 08:14 AM
Cult Master

Quote:
I'd forgotten about that it's been so long! I was hoping we'd get deadly weapons.
I'm more interested in a proper copy of 'Let Me Die A Woman'!

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 1st September 2021, 06:23 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicholasrope View Post
Thanks, I originally thought that if there was something with a similar title with a loose similarity plot wise, then I thought that there could have been a case.

There was a DVD release with just Eric's Revenge as the title. Phantom Of The Mall is a better title.
Those ****ing Dead of Night discs made Vipco look like Criterion...

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 2nd September 2021, 05:11 PM
Cultist

Quote:
Well, I'm happy they've vanished. Still think Arrow need to steer away from the mainstream. Stone Women, Sailor Suit and Eric all ordered, but I just think their mainstream stuff is a mistake.

OK, shifting a few True Romance steelbooks might subsidise the limited audience for Stone Women, but messes with their cult brand.
Old 5th September 2021, 02:33 PM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trashforcash View Post
Well, I'm happy they've vanished. Still think Arrow need to steer away from the mainstream. Stone Women, Sailor Suit and Eric all ordered, but I just think their mainstream stuff is a mistake.

OK, shifting a few True Romance steelbooks might subsidise the limited audience for Stone Women, but messes with their cult brand.

Have to disagree. I'd rather have True Romance than some of the other things they've released.

Plus, expect more titles not considered "cult", now that Arrow Academy has be folded into Arrow Video.
Old 5th September 2021, 07:08 PM
Cultist

I think that arrow will eventually become the physical media market- ie studios won't release media unless its co branded (probably with arrow). The release of True Romance (and Pitch Black, Tremors, American Werewolf, Robocop, Waterworld, Crimson Peak, Battle Royale x 50 etc) is the start of this. It fundamentally changes what Arrow are. When they started their dvds used to flag up Cult Labs and say "join the cult". Pitch Black is not cult.

For me personally, I'd rather watch a White Fire (to randomly pick a film) than a True Romance. I've seen True Romance 20 times, at least a White Fire is a new viewing experience.

If the mainstream stuff subsidises the niche stuff then great, but I'm sure that's not what they're thinking. They want to become mainstream. They're desperate to be the only game in town.

Its been a good year overall (Damaijin and Vengence Trails were great) and there's some really exciting stuff lined up for their end of year slate. But I just miss the Deadly Spawn and Microwave Massacre days. That "wtf am I watching" baton has been passed to 88 films and Vinegar Syndrome. Eric's Revenge and Death Scream feels like a tokenistic sop to the cult crowd, rather than what they really want to be doing.

If they had a choice between a Yokai and an Inglorious Basterds, every one in this forum knows what they'd pick. That (and Frighteners) came to nothing so they're falling back on stuff they'd rather not do.

Or have I got this wrong? What are peoples thoughts on Arrow?
Old 5th September 2021, 07:13 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trashforcash View Post
What are peoples thoughts on Arrow?
Rip off merchants.

£35 for Mill of the Stone Women
trebor8273 likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!