All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree26055Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28th March 2024, 03:42 PM
Cult Master

Zavvi has some pre-orders up!

'Withnail and I' Limited Edition 4K Ultra HD - UK$29:00

Release date: June 24

"THE FINEST CULT FILM KNOWN TO HUMANITY!

Camden Town, the arse-end of the sixties. Two struggling, unemployed actors decide some respite is in order and so depart their miserable flat for a week in the Lake District ? one that will involve rain, booze, minimal supplies, a randy bull and an even randier Uncle Monty.

Based on the real-life experiences of former actor turned writer/director Bruce Robinson, Withnail & I has become one of British cinema?s most fondly remembered comedies. A cult film in the truest sense that has also become a classic.

Perfectly cast ? with career-defining roles for Richard E. Grant, Paul McGann, Richard Griffiths and Ralph Brown ? and crammed with irresistibly quotable dialogue, Withnail & I is a sheer delight, even on the umpteenth viewing."

4K ULTRA HD BLU-RAY LIMITED EDITION CONTENTS
  • Brand new 4K restoration from the original negative by Arrow Films, supervised and approved by director of photography Peter Hannan
  • 4K (2160p) Ultra HD Blu-ray presentation in Dolby Vision (HDR10 compatible)
  • Original lossless mono soundtrack
  • Optional lossless 5.1 soundtrack
  • Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard-of-hearing
  • Audio commentary by writer-director Bruce Robinson
  • Audio commentary by critic and writer Kevin Jackson, author of the BFI Modern Classic on Withnail & I
  • All four original Withnail Weekend documentaries, first screened on Channel 4 in 1999, including The Peculiar Memories of Bruce Robinson, which looks at the director?s career, Withnail & Us, which focuses on the film?s making, and two shorter documentaries, I Demand to Have Some Booze and Withnail on the Pier
  • Interview with production designer Michael Pickwoad
  • An appreciation of Withnail & I by Sam Bain, co-creator of Peep Show and Fresh Meat
  • Archival interview with Bruce Robinson
  • Theatrical trailer
  • Limited edition packaging with reversible sleeve featuring two choices of original artwork
  • Limited edition 60-page perfect bound book featuring writing on the film by Vic Pratt, Anthony Nield, Martin Jones, Neil Mitchell and Mike Sutton
  • Double-sided foldout poster featuring two choices of original artwork

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 28th March 2024, 03:44 PM
Cult Master

'Nightsiren' Limited Edition Blu-Ray - UK$17:99

Release date: June 3

"Following her 2017 debut feature Filthy, writer and director Tereza Nvotova returns with Nightsiren, a spellbinding contemporary drama that expertly blends psychological and supernatural horror to explore the intersections of misogyny and religious zealotry.

In the wake of a tragic past, Sarlota (Natalia Germani) returns to her mountainous hometown after years of absence. After befriending Mira (Eva Mores), a spirited young herbalist, Sarlota stumbles upon the forgotten tale of an ancient witch and a wild child. Together, they embark on a quest to unearth the village's buried secrets. But as Sarlota delves deeper into the mysteries, she becomes entangled in a web of ancient legends turned reality. Accused of witchcraft and murder by fearful villagers, she must explore the darkness at the heart of the town to clear her name and confront the shadows of her past.

Tereza Nvotova has created a captivating cinematic experience which has wowed audiences and critics alike on the international festival circuit, including Locarno where it won the Golden Leopard - Filmmakers of the Present award. Beguiling and atmospheric, Nightsiren is a superb effort from one of the most exciting new voices in cinema."

LIMITED EDITION CONTENTS
  • High Definition (1080p) Blu-ray presentation
  • Original stereo audio and 5.1 surround audio
  • Optional English subtitles
  • New audio commentary by film critic Kat Ellinger
  • Witches and Sisterhood, a brand new video essay on witches and the idea of ?sisterhood? as it pertains to both biological bonds and feminist collectivity by film critic and author Alexandra Heller-Nicholas
  • Taboo, a brand new video essay exploring the relationship of femininity, the unknown and sexuality in Nightsiren by film critic and festival programmer Theatrical trailer
  • Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Beth Morris
  • Double-sided foldout poster featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Beth Morris
  • Illustrated collector?s booklet featuring new writing on the film by Anton Bitel, Cerise Howard and Alexandra West

Old 28th March 2024, 03:47 PM
Cult Master

'Madman' Limited Edition 4K UHD - UK$21:99

Release date: June 24

"Gather around the campfire, and hear the tale of Madman Marz ? an ill-tempered farmer who, one dark night, chopped up his wife and two children into pieces. When the locals learned of his heinous crimes, they exacted revenge ? sinking an axe into his head and hanging him from a nearby tree. But the next day, Marz?s body was gone...

Thus the camp counsellor finishes his tale, closing with the warning never to say Marz?s name above a whisper, lest the hideously-deformed farmer comes looking for them. Naturally, the first thing that one of the young campers does is calls out Marz?s name ? precipitating a terrifying night of murder, mayhem and sexy Jacuzzi vignettes!

Inspired by the same Cropsey urban legend which informed 1981?s The Burning and starring Dawn of the Dead?s Gaylen Ross (appearing under the pseudonym ?Alexis Dubin?), Madman stands as one of the finest offerings from the golden age of hack ?n? slash."

4K ULTRA HD BLU-RAY LIMITED EDITION CONTENTS
  • 4K transfer of the film from the original camera negative
  • 4K (2160p) Ultra HD Blu-ray presentation in High Dynamic Range
  • Original uncompressed mono audio
  • Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
  • Audio commentary with director Joe Giannone, stars Paul Ehlers and Tony Fish and producer Gary Sales
  • Audio commentary with The Hysteria Continues
  • UK-exclusive introduction by Sales and Ehlers
  • I?m Not A Screamer, a 2022 interview with star Gaylen Ross
  • The Legend Still Lives! Thirty Years of Madman ? a feature-length retrospective documentary on the slasher classic including interviews with various cast and crew
  • Madman: Alive at 35 ? Sales, Ehlers and star Tom Candela look back at the making of Madman, 35 years after it was filmed
  • The Early Career of Gary Sales ? the Madman producer discusses his career in the film industry
  • Convention interviews with Sales and Ehlers
  • Music Inspired by Madman ? a selection of songs inspired by the movie, including the track ?Escape From Hellview? from former CKY frontman Deron Miller
  • In Memoriam ? producer Sales pays tribute to the some of the film?s late cast and crew, including director Giannone and actor Tony Fish
  • Original theatrical trailer
  • TV spots
  • Stills & artwork gallery with commentary by Sales
  • Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Matthew Griffin
  • Collector?s booklet featuring writing on the film by critic James Oliver, illustrated with original archive stills and posters

Old 28th March 2024, 04:18 PM
Cult Acolyte

I'll probably get Mute Witness in a sale.
Old 28th March 2024, 06:11 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Mute Witness is the type of release, I've been wanting Arrow to release, mid 80's to mid 90's Films you'd find in a Video Shop.

Not some obscure Film barely and people have heard off
Old 28th March 2024, 07:11 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Perhaps shamefully, I've never seen Mute Witness, though it does sound like a film I want to watch and add to my collection. Similarly, I have only seen American Gigolo once but don't own it.
Old 28th March 2024, 10:50 PM
Active Cultist

I caught like the last 10 mins of mute witness but haven't seen it. So I will get that.
I've already got more then 1 version of Withnell and I (some reason people keep getting it for me) so nope.
Overall not surprised.
Some yanks don't seem to understand the problem with arrow, but it's very clear in comments sections that all brits/Europeans have had enough.
Old 1st April 2024, 12:27 PM
Cult Acolyte

For their April Fool's post Arrow are teasing a deal rather than individual movies...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG-0712arrow.jpg (91.1 KB, 13 views)
Old 1st April 2024, 01:51 PM
Cult Veteran

It would be nice if they did a follow-up boxset to the Empire Pictures one with a Full Moon one.
g053584398 likes this.

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 1st April 2024, 05:02 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob4 View Post
For their April Fool's post Arrow are teasing a deal rather than individual movies...
Most of their monthly announcements are April fools jokes. And we in the UK are the bloody fools.

Like this? Share it using the links below!