Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree26055Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24th February 2023, 03:09 PM
Cult Master

Full details:

NEW UK/US/CAN TITLE: Blackhat (2015) - Limited Edition Blu-ray pre-order available from Arrow Films US - £18:00

Release date: May 29

"WE ARE NO LONGER IN CONTROL.

Michael Mann (Thief, Collateral), the acclaimed auteur celebrated for his action panache and commitment to cinematic realism, turns his hand to depicting the high-stakes world of global cybercrime in Blackhat, a contemporary, ripped-from-the-headlines twist on the espionage thriller.

Chris Hemsworth (The Avengers, Extraction) stars as Nick Hathaway, a gifted hacker currently serving a lengthy prison sentence. When a Hong Kong nuclear plant goes into meltdown after its security is penetrated, Chinese army cybersecurity captain Chen Dawai (Leehom Wang, Lust, Caution) offers his old college roommate a deal: help identify and apprehend the culprit in exchange for his own freedom. What follows is a frenetic, globe-trotting race against time to avert disaster, fraught with hidden agendas and ever-shifting loyalties.

Praised for its unusually accurate portrayal of cybersecurity, Blackhat boasts an impressive international cast, including Tang Wei (Decision to Leave), Viola Davis (The Woman King) and Yorick van Wageningen (The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo), and showcases one of cinema's finest filmmakers bringing the skills he honed during a long and storied career to bear on a distinctly 21st-century phenomenon
"

Special features:
  • High Definition (1080p) Blu-ray presentations of both the US and international versions of the film
  • Original lossless 5.1 audio
  • Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
  • Brand new audio commentary by critics Bryan Reesman and Max Evry
  • Firewall - brand new video interview with cinematographer Stuart Dryburgh
  • Zero Day Threat - brand new video interview with production designer Guy Hendrix Dyas
  • The Cyber Threat, On Location Around the World and Creating Reality - three archival behind-the-scenes featurettes on the making of the film
  • Image gallery
  • Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Doug John Miller
  • Illustrated collector's booklet featuring new writing on the film by Andrew Graves
  • Limited Edition slipcover featuring newly commissioned artwork by Doug John Miller

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Blackhat 1.jpg (96.5 KB, 108 views)
File Type: jpg Blackhat 2.jpg (77.8 KB, 108 views)

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty

Last edited by Nosferatu@Cult Labs; 24th February 2023 at 09:48 PM.
Old 24th February 2023, 04:13 PM
Cult Addict

Worst slate I've seen for a while. I've not seen Blackhat so I've nothing negative to say about the film itself, but why are Arrow bothering with it? If they want to give Michael Manns work some love then work on releasing The Keep or even get on with a collectors set of Last of The Mohicans. I'd even be interested in a bells and whistles release of Collateral. A six year old Chris Hemsworth film? Why?
Old 24th February 2023, 04:19 PM
Active Cultist

I am one of the seven people who enjoyed Blackhat so I would have been interested, but there's no mention of the director's cut so... I don't get it. Why bother?

And boo-urns to the most exciting announcement being another US exclusive.
Old 24th February 2023, 04:25 PM
Cultist

Angry

yet again not a single 70s/80s film for the UK another terrible month for arrow and yet again no last starfighter it looks like the film will never get released here in the UK.
Old 24th February 2023, 08:13 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter alex View Post
yet again not a single 70s/80s film for the UK another terrible month for arrow and yet again no last starfighter it looks like the film will never get released here in the UK.

No UK release on blu-ray or 4K due to Universal not being the distributor over here. I'll probably pick up Arrow's 4K release.
Old 24th February 2023, 11:39 PM
Active Cultist

With the keep much of it has to do with Michael mann himself, he doesn't want it out there.

I haven't seen blackhat but response from just about everyone that its his worst film even those who liked it.

It's just mann continuing downward spiral post The Insider (btw does anyone else think collateral was just an urban remake of The Hitcher?)

I would like to watch last starfighter again but not spending out to import from the states.

As usual just another bad lineup from arrow.
Old 19th March 2023, 02:36 PM
Seasoned Cultist

It appears Arrow are releasing a Horror Film that we've actually heard off.

Unfortunately it's one that's had a release from 101 Films, it looks like Dolls (In 2K) is coming, don't know if it's UK or U.S.

They've also posted a picture of Psycho, possible Box Set
nosferatu42 likes this.
Old 19th March 2023, 02:44 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicholasrope View Post
They've also posted a picture of Psycho, possible Box Set
They *might* have posted the picture from 'Psycho' because today is Mother's Day!

Old 20th March 2023, 03:57 PM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

A remastered Dolls would be with picking up. The current one looks like a dvd era master so could look miles better.

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 20th March 2023, 05:21 PM
Cult Master

Looks like Arrow are releasing 'The Lighthouse'

Attached Images
File Type: jpg The Lighthouse.jpg (98.6 KB, 44 views)

Like this? Share it using the links below!