Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree26055Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10th October 2013, 06:11 AM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Boy View Post
Oh,wow. Mark Of The Devil. This is a definite for me. Awesome news.
Still pinching myself at the news it'll be uncut.
Old 10th October 2013, 11:22 AM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Boy View Post
Oh,wow. Mark Of The Devil. This is a definite for me. Awesome news.
Yeah, great news! I'm a big Mark of the Devil fan, and have been ever since having it seized and confiscated by customs when I tried to import the uncut VHS from Holland years ago. I've got a Dutch DVD at the moment, but will definitely be getting the Arrow BD/DVD when it's released.
ArgentoFan1987 likes this.
Old 10th October 2013, 11:41 AM
Cult Acolyte

With all the love for Mark Of The Devil, seems not many knew about the announcment.

So I went back and found the announcement, which was the basis for an new blog series Arrow is doing about how to make a release, and only the first part, the acquisition is up.

The Video Deck: How to make an Arrow Video: Acquisition
keirarts and sjconstable like this.

Fuzzy's Sale/Trade Thread! - Blu, DVD, Boxsets (TV/Movie), Anime, Manga
Old 10th October 2013, 12:17 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzymctiger View Post
With all the love for Mark Of The Devil, seems not many knew about the announcment.

So I went back and found the announcement, which was the basis for an new blog series Arrow is doing about how to make a release, and only the first part, the acquisition is up.

The Video Deck: How to make an Arrow Video: Acquisition
Nice, Arrow have really turned things around lately, I'm a bit annoyed though that I've asked twice on Facebook if the new Tenebrae steelbook will have a new English audio track (as the current one is as crap as the picture), and they haven't responded.
Old 10th October 2013, 12:45 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by gasteropod View Post
Nice, Arrow have really turned things around lately, I'm a bit annoyed though that I've asked twice on Facebook if the new Tenebrae steelbook will have a new English audio track (as the current one is as crap as the picture), and they haven't responded.
Not suprised considering the amount of shit they're getting from Facebook fans for using Zavvi.

Fuzzy's Sale/Trade Thread! - Blu, DVD, Boxsets (TV/Movie), Anime, Manga
Old 11th October 2013, 10:03 AM
Cult Acolyte

Huzzah! A new League of Gentlemen commentary for Theatre of Blood . . .
Old 11th October 2013, 10:41 AM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slippery Jack View Post
Huzzah! A new League of Gentlemen commentary for Theatre of Blood . . .
Before rumours start running rampant, this has not been confirmed! The specs for this release haven't been drawn up yet.
Old 11th October 2013, 11:25 AM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Brooke View Post
Before rumours start running rampant, this has not been confirmed! The specs for this release haven't been drawn up yet.
Oh right. Reece Shearsmith seems to think it's happening, according to his twitter . . .

Soon @markgatiss,@dysonjeremy,Steve Pemberton and I will record the commentary on the DVD release by @ArrowFilmsVideo of "Theatre of Blood".
Old 11th October 2013, 11:28 AM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slippery Jack View Post
Oh right. Reece Shearsmith seems to think it's happening, according to his twitter . . .
He does indeed, but it hasn't actually happened yet - and I'm always superstitious about announcing things that aren't already in the can, for obvious reasons.

Not least because I've seen it happen time and time again that people build up an idealised fantasy version of a release in their head and then berate the actual release for not measuring up, even though the label never actually claimed to be offering any of these extra features!
Old 11th October 2013, 01:02 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Harker View Post
I beg your pardon, orafice other than my mouth?? Screenshots prove otherwise? First off there's no need to be rude. It's my opinion, doesn't matter whether you share it or not.
Secondly screenshots don't prove a damn thing, I put the disc in and look at the telly and that tells me what the picture is like.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gasteropod View Post
That is completely wrong, the French Blu-ray is from a different master and looks completely different to the Arrow.
Bit late with reading these threads, but have to put my two cents in: I own both the French disc and the Arrow and they are, as these two chaps say, night and day. Completely different.

I watched the Arrow originally and even then was shocked at the horrendous noise. Putting the French disc in was like watching a spanking new, proper blu ray version - albeit one with forced subs as has been mentioned (but there's ways around that if you have the means).

There's really no debate: Arrow's original release is a shocker.

Like this? Share it using the links below!