Like Tree26055Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13th November 2013, 09:33 AM
Moderator Alumni
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkmonger View Post
I wonder how much the set will cost though....not much less than £60 for 11 discs I should think! So at least I can have a sound mind that even in my slightly skint state I can make a small contribution to a project like this. If I had £150 to get into the booklet I would though!
I think the RRP is going to be around £99.99 from what I've heard. I very much doubt whether it will retail for this much though (except in HMV )

The boxset is also marketed as a 'limited edition' so may only be available via the Kickstarter with a standard non-limited version available for general sale.
Old 13th November 2013, 10:15 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

So is Goto going to be one of the films in the boxset then?
Old 13th November 2013, 10:20 AM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

I'd assume so. But only if they reach the £20,000 Kickstarter target, as otherwise they can't afford to do the restoration. Looking at the progress so far, I'd be surprised if they didn't.

I'm wondering what will happen if the target is exceeded? Will they gold plate it?
Daemonia and Hawkmonger like this.
Old 13th November 2013, 10:25 AM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulD View Post
His entire filmography up to and including The Beast will be in the set.

DVD and BD collection
Old 15th November 2013, 05:59 AM
Seasoned Cultist

Default New Arrow Announcements...

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulD View Post
Yes. Even if the Kickstarter campaign is unsuccessful, Goto will be included - but unrestored and in SD. (HD restorations of the other features and most of the shorts already exist.)

And the box will contain his first five features (The Theatre of Mr and Mrs Kabal, Goto, Blanche, Immoral Tales, The Beast), at least fourteen shorts spanning 1959-84, and loads of extras. It's not his entire pre-1975 filmography - for starters, it sadly proved impossible to reach a satisfactory deal over his pre-1959 Polish titles - but it's certainly the vast majority of what he made between 1959 and 1975.

And if the Kickstarter target is exceeded, the money will find its way into another part of the box set - almost certainly reviving earlier ideas that were written off for being too expensive.
Old 15th November 2013, 06:02 AM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Brooke View Post
Yes. Even if the Kickstarter campaign is unsuccessful, Goto will be included - but unrestored and in SD. (HD restorations of the other features and most of the shorts already exist.)

And the box will contain his first five features (The Theatre of Mr and Mrs Kabal, Goto, Blanche, Immoral Tales, The Beast), at least fourteen shorts spanning 1959-84, and loads of extras.
Fantastic! Thank you for the information, Michael.
Old 15th November 2013, 07:17 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Thanks for that; I was curious how the Kickstarter would affect the boxset if Goto was already going to be included but that makes perfect sense.

I'll be looking to pledge money for it later on when I have the spare funds.
Old 15th November 2013, 08:17 AM
Cult Acolyte

Was very hesitant to do this at first, as like the problem, I assumed it was erotica. Even when I found out, with 2 erotic films in the box set, was still rather hesitant.

But it's $90 for 5 films and 14 shorts, I'm supporting restoration, and a company which I love, getting a box set for a very very nice price, and getting some very interesting sounding films.

Also, always wanted to see the Beast, and the other one sounds very intersting.

So I think I'll pledge at some point this weekend, and just watch the eroticas some time when the family isn't around
PaulD and Hawkmonger like this.

Fuzzy's Sale/Trade Thread! - Blu, DVD, Boxsets (TV/Movie), Anime, Manga
Old 15th November 2013, 08:21 AM
Seasoned Cultist

Ironically, the original plan was to stop in 1973 - i.e. just before Borowczyk gained the reputation that dogged him for the rest of his life.

But when it turned out that both rights and HD restorations of Immoral Tales and The Beast were available, it was a bit of a no-brainer.

Keen though we are to expand awareness of Borowczyk's range (especially his work as an animator, which has been largely forgotten), we couldn't ignore the fact that these are the two biggest titles in the box by miles, and clearly much more commercially attractive. And of course they haven't been released in English-frinedly Blu-rays yet (Immoral Tales came out in Germany, but only in French and German).
PaulD, fuzzymctiger and Hawkmonger like this.
Old 15th November 2013, 10:04 AM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
And if the Kickstarter target is exceeded, the money will find its way into another part of the box set - almost certainly reviving earlier ideas that were written off for being too expensive.
That's great news – thanks the information, Michael.

Like this? Share it using the links below!