Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree26050Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24th November 2014, 11:25 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
But, I was doing that more for the members here than anything else, half of the films they'd announced (the De Palma/Erotica stuff) were never contenders for my collection, but I know some members here would appreciate it, especially those that don't use Facebook/Twitter, seeing as they abandoned us

Think Suzi has took on that role now
Fame at last!

Finally someone has recognized my importance!!

*Note - first person who says 'impotence' is barred!!!!

**Note - haven't said that for ages!!!!!
Rik, PaulD and profondo rosso like this.

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 25th November 2014, 05:28 AM
Seasoned Cultist
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

I tend to compare Arrow these days to Criterion. Arrow's releases have been Criterion quality for a good while now, so I think it's justified they're a bit pricier. Still tho, I only tend to buy them from the sales, unless they're limited editions.
Old 25th November 2014, 07:52 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

There should be Bava, so I will be overjoyed. But I do agree with b_e in regards to the Academy line. For some reason they're so on the money, while Arrow Video can be hit and miss for me. I think I've picked up everything from the Academy line this year, apart from the Borowczyk stuff, but with the Arrow Video line it feels like every other month I skip something. I guess they're putting out far more, so it's not an apt comparison, but previously there was very little I'd skip.
Old 25th November 2014, 08:09 AM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAKA View Post
There should be Bava, so I will be overjoyed. But I do agree with b_e in regards to the Academy line. For some reason they're so on the money, while Arrow Video can be hit and miss for me. I think I've picked up everything from the Academy line this year, apart from the Borowczyk stuff, but with the Arrow Video line it feels like every other month I skip something. I guess they're putting out far more, so it's not an apt comparison, but previously there was very little I'd skip.
"The Borowczyk stuff" is what I'm proudest of!

But thanks for your kind comments generally - my colleague Anthony Nield and I are very pleased with what we've achieved with the Arrow Academy strand since it was relaunched last year, and there's plenty more in development. In fact, I think at least one new Academy title will be announced this morning, and possibly even two.
Old 25th November 2014, 08:56 AM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Brooke View Post
"The Borowczyk stuff" is what I'm proudest of!

But thanks for your kind comments generally - my colleague Anthony Nield and I are very pleased with what we've achieved with the Arrow Academy strand since it was relaunched last year, and there's plenty more in development. In fact, I think at least one new Academy title will be announced this morning, and possibly even two.
I completely dismissed the old Academy line, but the new one has me seriously interested and I make a point to pick at least 1 blind buy per sale. Also need some spare change at some point to pick up the Qatsi set, dying for it.

But having gone through the Boro set, it's less a boxset and more an education or encyclopedia. Infinitely thorough and packed, you deserve all the praise you get Michael. Bring on Jekyll!

Fuzzy's Sale/Trade Thread! - Blu, DVD, Boxsets (TV/Movie), Anime, Manga
Old 25th November 2014, 09:45 AM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzymctiger View Post
I completely dismissed the old Academy line, but the new one has me seriously interested and I make a point to pick at least 1 blind buy per sale. Also need some spare change at some point to pick up the Qatsi set, dying for it.

But having gone through the Boro set, it's less a boxset and more an education or encyclopedia. Infinitely thorough and packed, you deserve all the praise you get Michael. Bring on Jekyll!
Dr Jekyll is well under way, and is looking very nice indeed - in terms of extras, it'll certainly be at least as stacked as any of the other Borowczyk discs, and possibly even more so.

And the original camera neg of the feature has just turned up in London, so I'll know soon enough what kind of quality we're dealing with - although I hope that because it'll barely have been touched in the last 33 years or so it'll be in close to pristine condition, for much the same reason that many BFI Flipside transfers look better than those for far more famous films.

(Sadly, the more famous a film is, the more the original printing materials are likely to have been accessed, and however careful you are with them there's always going to be a bit of wear and tear placed on them every time.)
Old 25th November 2014, 10:07 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Tenebrae again?

Tenebrae

I'll stick with the steelbook
J Harker likes this.
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 25th November 2014, 10:19 AM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

Quote:
Tenebrae again?

Tenebrae

Yeah, ever since the new transfer version was released in steelbook form they've been promising a standard release. It must mean that the steelbook version is almost sold out.
Old 25th November 2014, 10:22 AM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Tenebrae again?

Tenebrae

I'll pick the steelbook up in the next sale
Rik likes this.
Old 25th November 2014, 10:27 AM
Seasoned Cultist

Only Rabid for me this time and I'll get it after reading some reviews.

Like this? Share it using the links below!