Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree26055Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 8th January 2016, 05:33 PM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

I ****ing love Arrow, with every new announcement they make damn sure I'll save money each month by announcing stuff (no pun intended) I really couldn't give two hairy flying ****s about, good work Arrow, my wallet thanks you
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 8th January 2016, 05:46 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
It looks a little like intellectual property theft to me. Actually, maybe a lot like intellectual property theft.
Of course it is. Naomi and I both feel utterly helpless about it. The amounts in damages we would receive are so small no lawyer wants to take this on. We have asked around and it allows Arrow to keep doing this. I guess that's just the way it is. I know the fans who have decided they hate me will be loving this - great, ha ha, Waddell got shafted - and that's fine, it isn't the end of the world. It's some extra features you know? Kids are sleeping homeless tonight in sub zero temperatures. Single mothers are struggling to feed their kids. I have it easy. I'm not going to let it bring me down. But it is pretty shitty thing to do - especially from a company which not so long ago was Kickstarting to get people to pay for them to launch n the USA (as if Alex needs more money. No wonder we have the world we live in).
Old 8th January 2016, 07:28 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Calum these are just reprints of the UK discs.
Old 8th January 2016, 07:40 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by tele1962 View Post
Calum these are just reprints of the UK discs.
Per the emails above, Alex states he should have discussed with us his plans for using our Mark of the Devil stuff and then goes on to confirm payment and that moving forward this won't happen again. You love Arrow. They will do no wrong. I get it. But in this case I have provided clear and ample evidence that this is intellectual property theft. We were paid for Mark of the Devil on Arrow USA as when we filmed that we were not told about any plans for Arrow USA or any other releases. If an author writes a book, he or she will have a UK deal, USA deal, Spanish deal blah de blah de blah. I know I did when my RoboCop book was done - it was clearly stated to me what territories would have it.

Are you honestly this blind you just want to ignore the very emails I have shown you?
tele1962 likes this.
Old 8th January 2016, 07:41 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Their arrow academy tires aren't getting a lot of love on FB. 34 likes for Maria Braun, compared with 495 for Bride.
Graeme73 likes this.
Old 8th January 2016, 08:08 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calum View Post
Per the emails above, Alex states he should have discussed with us his plans for using our Mark of the Devil stuff and then goes on to confirm payment and that moving forward this won't happen again. You love Arrow. They will do no wrong. I get it. But in this case I have provided clear and ample evidence that this is intellectual property theft. We were paid for Mark of the Devil on Arrow USA as when we filmed that we were not told about any plans for Arrow USA or any other releases. If an author writes a book, he or she will have a UK deal, USA deal, Spanish deal blah de blah de blah. I know I did when my RoboCop book was done - it was clearly stated to me what territories would have it.

Are you honestly this blind you just want to ignore the very emails I have shown you?
Calum, I am not here to argue the toss mate. Just giving my opinion. I think 88, Arrow, BFI, Eureka, Criterion and many other independents are all the best and have no love for one over the other as I think you know.
Just I do not like to see the dirty washing hung out for all to see at every opportunity. We are mere mortals with a love for film nothing more.
shel likes this.
Old 8th January 2016, 08:15 PM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuckyFunster View Post
Their arrow academy tires aren't getting a lot of love on FB. 34 likes for Maria Braun, compared with 495 for Bride.
It's mainly because they're just individual releases from the already announced Fassbinder box set. Most fans would have already ordered the box set making the individual releases a little moot. Anyone else who may be interested in them knows they were coming anyway thanks to Arrow's initial announcement specifying that there would be individual releases as well, so for pretty much everyone they are more than a little underwhelming.
MuckyFunster likes this.
Old 8th January 2016, 08:18 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by tele1962 View Post
Calum, I am not here to argue the toss mate. Just giving my opinion. I think 88, Arrow, BFI, Eureka, Criterion and many other independents are all the best and have no love for one over the other as I think you know.
Just I do not like to see the dirty washing hung out for all to see at every opportunity. We are mere mortals with a love for film nothing more.
Right, and you claim and kept claiming that I was lying. As if you know my rights and agreements with Arrow better than we would. As explained in the emails I have posted, Alex paid us for his use of Mark of the Devil on Arrow USA and promised this would not happen again.

You think we enjoy doing this? REALLY? I left this industry for a very good reason.
Old 8th January 2016, 08:22 PM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjconstable View Post
I was really hoping for a Red Queen Kills 7 Times/Evelyn set announcement today though I must admit.
I'm hoping we'll see this later on in the year.

I think with them releasing the Ercoli Death box set in March to then release another one in April may have been be a little overkill.
Old 8th January 2016, 08:24 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calum View Post
Right, and you claim and kept claiming that I was lying. As if you know my rights and agreements with Arrow better than we would. As explained in the emails I have posted, Alex paid us for his use of Mark of the Devil on Arrow USA and promised this would not happen again.

You think we enjoy doing this? REALLY? I left this industry for a very good reason.
Calum I never said anything of the sort. I have no clue as to your agreements with whoever or have I ever said you were lying, I simply stated that we on here are only interested in the films from what I can see.
If you have a grievance I do not think a internet forum is the place to make your case.

PS
I am out on this one, getting to heavy for me.

PSPS
I would much sooner hear your expert opinion on various releases.
shel and Deadite like this.

Last edited by tele1962; 8th January 2016 at 08:44 PM.

Like this? Share it using the links below!