LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 9th September 2016, 03:13 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs View Post
I already have the blu-rays. That's why I was joking about flogging them quickly on ebay. They're on Anazon for ridiculous prices.
In that case, I may do the same!
Old 9th September 2016, 03:14 PM
Cult Master

NEW US TITLE ANNOUNCEMENT: Creepshow 2 Limited Edition Blu-ray + Standard Blu-ray

one of the greatest horror anthologies of all time.

Unleashed December 13th. North American Blu-ray pre-order link should be live soon!

WHEN THE CURTAIN GOES UP THE TERROR BEGINS

Horror titans George A. Romero and Stephen King deliver yet another fiendish selection of blood-curdling tales in Creepshow 2 – now newly remastered in 2K!

In “Old Chief Wood'nhead”, a group of young hoodlums face retribution from an unlikely source after looting a local hardware store. Meanwhile, “The Raft” sees a group of horny teens wishing they’d read the warning signs first before taking a dip in a remote lake. Finally, an uptight businesswoman finds herself with some unwanted company following a hit-and-run incident in “The Hitch-hiker”.

Whilst retaining the EC comic book flavour that made the original such a hit, Creepshow 2, this time directed by long-time Romero collaborator Michael Gornick, is a decidedly darker and grimmer affair than its predecessor and remains one of the greatest horror anthologies of all time.

LIMITED EDITION CONTENTS:
•Brand new 2K restoration from original film elements
•High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) presentation
•Original stereo audio
•Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
•Creepshow 2: Pinfall – limited edition booklet featuring the never-before-seen comic adaptation of this unfilmed Creepshow 2 segment by artist Jason Mayoh
•Audio Commentary with director Michael Gornick, moderated by Perry Martin
•Nightmares in Foam Rubber – featurette with special make-up effects artists Howard Berger and Greg Nicotero
•My Friend Rick – Berger on working with make-up legend Rick Baker
•Behind-the-Scenes Footage
•Trailers and TV Spots
•Collector’s booklet featuring new writing on the film by Michael Blyth
•Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Mike Saputo

SPECIAL EDITION CONTENTS:
•Brand new 2K restoration from original film elements
•High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) presentation
•Original stereo audio
•Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
•Audio Commentary with director Michael Gornick, moderated by Perry Martin
•Nightmares in Foam Rubber – featurette with special make-up effects artists Howard Berger and Greg Nicotero
•My Friend Rick – Berger on working with make-up legend Rick Baker
•Behind-the-Scenes Footage
•Trailers and TV Spots
•Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Mike Saputo

FIRST PRESSING ONLY: Collector’s booklet featuring new writing on the film by Michael Blyth
keirarts likes this.

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 9th September 2016, 03:15 PM
Cult Master

NEW UK/US TITLE: Pulse Dual Format Blu-ray & DVD

One of the greatest and most terrifying achievements in modern Japanese horror

Pre-order your UK Dual Format release here: Pulse Dual Format
North American Blu-ray pre-order link should be live soon!

Award-winning filmmaker Kiyoshi Kurosawa delivered one of the finest entries in the "J-Horror" cycle of films with this moody and spiritually terrifying film that delivers existential dread along with its frights. Setting his story in the burgeoning internet and social media scene in Japan, Kurosawa's dark and apocalyptic film foretells how technology will only serve to isolate us as it grows more important to our lives.

A group of young people in Tokyo begin to experience strange phenomena involving missing co-workers and friends, technological breakdown, and a mysterious website which asks the compelling question, "Do you want to meet a ghost?" After the unexpected suicides of several friends, three strangers set out to explore a city which is growing more empty by the day, and to solve the mystery of what lies within a forbidden room in an abandoned construction site, mysteriously sealed shut with red packing tape.

Featuring haunting cinematography by Junichiro Hayashi (Ring, Dark Water), a dark and unsettling tone which lingers long after the movie is over, and an ahead-of-its-time story which anticipates 21st century disconnection and social media malaise, Pulse is one of the greatest and most terrifying achievements in modern Japanese horror, and a dark mirror for our contemporary digital world.

SPECIAL EDITION CONTENTS:
•High Definition digital transfer
•High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) and Standard Definition DVD presentations
•Original 5.1 audio (DTS-HD on the Blu-ray)
•New optional English subtitle translation
•New interview with writer/director Kiyoshi Kurosawa
•New interview with cinematographer Junichiro Hayashi
•The Horror of Isolation: a new video appreciation featuring Adam Wingard & Simon Barrett (Blair Witch, You’re Next)
•Archive ‘Making of’ documentary, plus four archive behind-the-scenes featurettes
•Premiere footage from the Cannes Film Festival
•Cast and crew introductions from opening day screenings in Tokyo
•Trailers and TV Spots
•Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Tommy Pocket

FIRST PRESSING ONLY:Illustrated collector’s booklet featuring new writing on the film by critic Chuck Stephens
keirarts and Drakie79 like this.

Old 9th September 2016, 03:22 PM
Cult Master

keirarts likes this.

Old 9th September 2016, 03:23 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan Foreman View Post
NEW UK TITLE ANNOUNCEMENT: The Burning Dual Format Blu-ray & DVD
Seems identical to the Shout! Factory release, only with the commentary by The Hysteria Continues and booklet by Justin Kerwell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan Foreman View Post
NEW UK TITLE ANNOUNCEMENT: Donnie Darko Limited Edition Dual Format Blu-ray & DVD
Aside from the 4K scan, packaging and booklet, this seems identical to previous releases.

As I don't have a 4K TV, I'll stick with what I have for both of them and save myself a lot of money in the process.
keirarts and Deadite like this.
Old 9th September 2016, 03:25 PM
Seasoned Cultist

When the steelbook had sold out, and someone asked about a standard release of The Burning, on Facebook, they said they didn't have any plans for it.
How quickly things turn around
keirarts and Graeme73 like this.
Old 9th September 2016, 03:27 PM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
Seems identical to the Shout! Factory release, only with the commentary by The Hysteria Continues and booklet by Justin Kerwell.

Aside from the 4K scan, packaging and booklet, this seems identical to previous releases.

As I don't have a 4K TV, I'll stick with what I have for both of them and save myself a lot of money in the process.

Yeah just the commentary & Wakeman interview are new on The Burning (I think).

And I'm the same, I'll stick with my current US blu of Donnie Darko.
keirarts likes this.
Old 9th September 2016, 03:34 PM
Seasoned Cultist

So about The Guyver.
Is the new Director's Cut transfer going to be uncensored, or still be the PG-13 version, like the US DVD?
I'm used to the uncut version, with the blood.

The Guyver (Comparison: PG-13 Version (Director's Cut) - German FSK 16 Version) - Movie-Censorship.com

Would be great, if they also released the full uncut 128 min version, of the darker and more violent sequel "Guyver: Dark Hero", in a near future
keirarts and will graham like this.
Old 9th September 2016, 03:46 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post

It means that it's a brand new 4K transfer (which is getting more common now, than to scan in just 2K), on a regular Blu-Ray, and not an Ultra (4K) Blu-Ray disc. So no need for an 4K TV.
keirarts likes this.
Old 9th September 2016, 03:57 PM
Cult Addict

While i don't care about the monetary worth, limited edition should be exactly that, limited edition.
keirarts and Graeme73 like this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!