Like Tree26055Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13th October 2016, 06:46 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Still no ****ing Burning steelbook.

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 13th October 2016, 06:47 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Reaper Man@Cult Labs View Post
Still no ****ing Burning steelbook.
Thats ridiculous when you ordered direct got mine from Amazon today.
Old 13th October 2016, 11:14 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Just had a quick look at the Dar Water blu and I am sad to say it is in my eyes one of the worst blu rays I have ever seen - so smeary and lacking any great sharpness you would expect from a bluray.
sjconstable likes this.
Old 14th October 2016, 03:18 AM
Cult Rookie

Default Collection for Sale

Hi,

I am currently looking into selling my Arrow Video blu ray collection and thought I would see if anyone was interested on here first, I think the retail value is somewhere near £1500 and with the ups and downs of the rarity of releases it could be higher or lower. I believe I have every white box release except for King of New York.

Blu ray titles of note.

Hellraiser - Scarlett boxset
Dawn of the Dead - white box
Zombie Flesh Eaters - steelbook
Zombie Flesh Eaters - white box
Videodrome - limited edition boxset
Demons - black box
Demons 2 - black box
Necromantik - limited edition boxset
Society - limited edition boxset
Battles without Honour or Humanity - limited edition boxset

DVD's of note.

Savage Streets
Street Trash
Attached Images
File Type: jpg WP_20160518_00_20_38_Pro.jpg (95.5 KB, 30 views)
keirarts and Drakie79 like this.
Old 14th October 2016, 11:20 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

At last.... The Burning turned up.

Overkillingtime; I have 27 of Arrows White Box Slipcase -4 cover option releases but I don't think King of New York came out on that format. I could be wrong though, I often am, but someone on here will know for sure.

Any help guys???

Hey Reaps, has yours turned up today?
keirarts likes this.
Old 14th October 2016, 12:01 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
Overkillingtime; I have 27 of Arrows White Box Slipcase -4 cover option releases but I don't think King of New York came out on that format. I could be wrong though, I often am, but someone on here will know for sure.

Any help guys???
As far as I know there were the limited edition steelbook and Amaray releases.
Boo Radley likes this.
Old 14th October 2016, 12:21 PM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post

Any help guys???
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
As far as I know there were the limited edition steelbook and Amaray releases.
Yes, they were going to add it to the white slipbox releases but changed their minds meaning that there is some semi-official mock-up art floating around the web for it but it never got an official release.
Boo Radley likes this.

Last edited by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs; 14th October 2016 at 12:38 PM.
Old 14th October 2016, 12:35 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Nos and Biz, thank you.
Old 14th October 2016, 12:55 PM
Cult Acolyte

Both my sale orders are apparently shipped but I never got a notification. Happy to know they're shipped, but man what is going on Arrow

Edit: Both shipped on the 4th as well!!!! 5 days after my order, for the middle of a sale that's probably record time from Arrow!! I should be expecting them after the weekend, but man I wish they'd let me know. Ah well, all the more exciting it's sooner than i expcted

Fuzzy's Sale/Trade Thread! - Blu, DVD, Boxsets (TV/Movie), Anime, Manga
Old 14th October 2016, 03:04 PM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Time for our January announcements! First up our one UK only titles…

NEW UK ONLY TITLE: Donnie Darko Blu-ray / DVD

We are pleased to announce the separate Blu-ray and DVD releases of this Richard Kelly modern classic

Pre-order on Blu-ray: http://bit.ly/2efDnUU
Pre-order on DVD: http://bit.ly/2efE00S
Release Date: 9th January 2017

I WANT YOU TO WATCH THE MOVIE SCREEN. THERE’S SOMETHING I WANT TO SHOW YOU.

Fifteen years before Stranger Things combined science-fiction, Spielberg-ian touches and 80s nostalgia to much acclaim, Richard Kelly set the template – and the high-water mark – with his debut feature, Donnie Darko. Initially beset with distribution problems, it would slowly find its audience and emerge as arguably the first cult classic of the new millennium.

Donnie is a troubled high school student: in therapy, prone to sleepwalking and in possession of an imaginary friend, a six-foot rabbit named Frank, who tells him the world is going to end in 28 days 06 hours 42 minutes and 12 seconds. During that time he will navigate teenage life, narrowly avoid death in the form of a falling jet engine, follow Frank’s maladjusted instructions and try to maintain the space-time continuum.

Described by its director as “The Catcher in the Rye as told by Philip K. Dick”, Donnie Darko combines an eye-catching, eclectic cast – pre-stardom Jake and Maggie Gyllenhaal, heartthrob Patrick Swayze, former child star Drew Barrymore, Oscar nominees Mary McDonnell and Katherine Ross, and television favourite Noah Wyle – and an evocative soundtrack of 80s classics by Echo and the Bunnymen, Tears for Fears and Duran Duran. This brand-new 4K restoration, carried out exclusively for this release by Arrow Films, allows a modern classic to finally receive the home video treatment it deserves.

BLU-RAY SPECIAL EDITION CONTENTS:

•Brand new 4K restorations of both the Theatrical Cut and the Director’s Cut from the original camera negatives produced by Arrow Films exclusively for this release, supervised and approved by director Richard Kelly and cinematographer Steven Poster
•High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) presentations of both cuts
•Original 5.1 audio
•Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
•Audio commentary by writer-director Richard Kelly and actor Jake Gyllenhaal on the Theatrical Cut
•Audio commentary by Kelly, producer Sean McKittrick and actors Drew Barrymore, Jena Malone, Beth Grant, Mary McDonnell, Holmes Osborne, Katharine Ross and James Duval on the Theatrical Cut
•Audio commentary by Kelly and filmmaker Kevin Smith on the Director’s Cut
•Brand-new interviews with Richard Kelly and others
•The Goodbye Place, Kelly’s 1996 short film, which anticipates some of the themes and ideas of his feature films
•The Donnie Darko Production Diary, an archival documentary charting the film’s production with optional commentary by cinematographer Steven Poster
•Twenty deleted and alternate scenes with optional commentary by Kelly
•Archive interviews with Kelly, actors Jake Gyllenhaal, Jena Malone, Drew Barrymore, James Duval, Maggie Gyllenhaal, Holmes Osborne, Noah Wyle and Katharine Ross, producers Sean McKittrick, Nancy Juvonen, Hunt Lowry and Casey La Scala, and cinematographer Steven Poster
•Three archive featurettes: They Made Me Do It, They Made Me Do It Too and #1 Fan: A Darkomentary
•Storyboard comparisons
•B-roll footage
•Cunning Visions infomercials
•Music video: Mad World by Gary Jules
•Galleries
•Trailers
•TV spots
•Illustrated collector’s booklet containing new writing by Nathan Rabin
•Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Candice Tripp

DVD SPECIAL EDITION CONTENTS:

•Brand new 4K restoration from the original camera negative produced by Arrow Films exclusively for this release, supervised and approved by director Richard Kelly and cinematographer Steven Poster
•Original 5.1 audio
•Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
•Audio commentary by writer-director Richard Kelly and actor Jake Gyllenhaal
•Audio commentary by Kelly, producer Sean McKittrick and actors Drew Barrymore, Jena Malone, Beth Grant, Mary McDonnell, Holmes Osborne, Katharine Ross and James Duval
•Brand-new interviews with Richard Kelly and others
•The Goodbye Place, Kelly’s 1996 short film, which anticipates some of the themes and ideas of his feature films
•Twenty deleted and alternate scenes with optional commentary by Kelly
•Trailer

IMG_7161.jpg
MacBlayne and keirarts like this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!