Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree26051Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 1st October 2015, 05:05 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

I've been reading a bit of hate for Hellraiser 3 here and there and I do get that it is not in the same league as the first two....BUT..there is one scene for me that makes the whole film worthwhile.

The girl (I forget names, it has been years since I watched this.) runs into the church. Make sure your surround sound is turned up LOUD. The priest tells her there is no such thing as demons whereby she replies, "Well, what the Fack is that?" Behind you the rear speakers creak open the door as Pinhead walks in. The windows explode as he walks to the alter and skewers his hands and spreads them wide in mock crucifixion. "I am the way!"

Stand up, cheer and clap, worth the whole film for 1 minute!!

Ohh, I found it! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bdzmcJrG-MY
Rik, keirarts and demonknight like this.
Old 1st October 2015, 05:43 PM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

I really like Hellraiser 3, especially for that scene (which, understandably they weren't allowed to film in an actual church)
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 1st October 2015, 05:50 PM
Cult Master

Personally I think that 'Hellraiser 3' is the best of the series

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 1st October 2015, 05:56 PM
Cult Veteran

I love HIII too, but I think owing to the fact it was the first one I saw, I was probably around 15-16 when it came out on video, I was 10 when Hellraiser came out
keirarts likes this.

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 1st October 2015, 06:47 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

I don't understand the bad rep Hellraiser 3 gets either, it's the most 'fun' of the three films. One and Two are fantastic examples of horror cinema that still give me chills but are deadly serious, which is fine but Three has more of a knowing nod to it.
keirarts likes this.
Old 1st October 2015, 08:17 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

The first three Hellraisers are great.Just enough to make a good triple bill.....then the sequels kick in....just like the Children of the Corn later sequels....better than Tramadol for a good kip!
keirarts, demonknight and Vipp like this.

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 1st October 2015, 08:59 PM
Cult Addict

Honestly, I wasn't going to bother getting Deep Red again. But dat box set....
keirarts and Boo Radley like this.

DVD and BD collection
Old 2nd October 2015, 03:10 PM
Cult Master

NEW UK/US TITLE: Nikkatsu Diamond Guys: Vol 1 (Arrow Video) Dual Format Blu-ray & DVD - Three thrilling genre pictures previously unreleased in the West make their debut on home video. If you like tough guys, mobsters and wanderers… the Diamond Guys deliver in spades!

Nikkatsu Diamond Guys Vol 1 (Arrow Video) Dual Format Blu-ray & DVD

Nikkatsu, the oldest film studio in Japan, inaugurated a star system in the late 1950s, finding talent and contracting to their Diamond Line for a series of wild genre pictures. This collection celebrates these “Diamond Guys” with three classic films from directors Seijun Suzuki (Branded to Kill), Toshio Masuda (Rusty Knife) and Buichi Saito (Lone Wolf and Cub: Baby Cart in Peril).
An old hand at tough guy action roles, Hideaki Nitani (Tokyo Drifter, Massacre Gun) stars in Suzuki’s Voice Without a Shadow. Asako, a former telephone operator once heard the voice of a murder suspect which has continued to haunt her. Years later her husband invites his boss, Hamazaki, over for dinner and she realises his voice is suspiciously like that of the killer. Before she can investigate further, Hamazaki is found dead and her husband becomes the prime suspect…

Next, 50s subculture icon Yujiro Ishihara (Crazed Fruit) stars in Masuda’s Red Pier as “Jiro the Lefty”, a killer with a natural talent. Shortly after arriving in Kobe, he witnesses a man die in a crane accident which turns out to be a cover-up for a murder. Jiro soon finds himself on the run, tailed by a determined cop...

Finally, in Saito’s The Rambling Guitarist, mega star Akira Kobayashi (Battles Without Honour and Humanity) stars as wandering street musician Shinji, who falls in with mob boss Akitsu after saving one of his henchmen in a bar fight. Tasked by Akitsu with evicting an offshore fishery, Shinji finds himself in the middle of a very unusual domestic dispute...
Presented on Blu-ray and DVD for the first time in the West, these thrilling genre films feature Nikkatsu’s leading talent at their best.

SPECIAL EDITION CONTENTS:
• Limited Edition Blu-ray collection (3000 copies)
• High Definition digital transfers of all three films, from original film elements by Nikkatsu Corporation
• High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) and Standard Definition DVD presentation
• Original uncompressed mono audio
• Newly translated English subtitles
• Specially recorded video discussions with Japanese cinema expert Jasper Sharp on Diamond Guys Hideaki Nitani and Yujiro Ishihara
• Original trailers for all three films and trailer preview for Diamond Guys Vol. 2
• Extensive promotional image galleries for all three films
• Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Graham Humphreys
• Booklet featuring new essays on all three films and director profiles by Stuart Galbraith, Tom Mes and Mark Schilling

Region: Free
UK Release Date 25th January
US Release Date 26th January
keirarts likes this.

Old 2nd October 2015, 03:12 PM
Cult Master

NEW UK ONLY TITLE: Beyond the Valley of the Dolls + The Seven Minutes [Limited Edition] Arrow Video Blu-ray/DVD - Russ Meyer’s two Hollywood films: the ultimate camp cult musical, and an impassioned attack on censorship

Beyond the Valley of the Dolls + The Seven Minutes (Arrow Video) Blu-ray/DVD [Limited Edition]

When Easy Rider rewrote the box-office rulebook in 1969, Hollywood scrambled to catch up - and 20th Century Fox noticed that one particular independent filmmaker was seeing impressive returns from tiny investments. So what would happen if he was given a decent budget and the run of a Hollywood studio and told to make the ultimate Russ Meyer film?

Well, this is the result: an initially X-rated cult camp classic about an all-female rock band trying to parlay Midwestern success into a Hollywood contract with the aid of a hefty inheritance. But will they be able to maintain their trademark apple-pie wholesomeness under their new manager, the notorious Ronnie 'Z-Man' Barzell? Take a wild guess.

Co-scripted by film critic Roger Ebert, Beyond the Valley of the Dolls is a merciless satire of Hollywood and the music business, a no-holds-barred psychedelic thrill-ride that gleefully stirs sex, drugs, rock'n'roll, fashion, lesbianism, transvestism and Nazis into one of the most riotously unhinged mainstream films ever made. This special edition also includes the rarely-seen The Seven Minutes (1971), Russ Meyer's Hollywood swansong, an adaptation of Irving Wallace's polemical novel about the absurdities of American obscenity laws.

LIMITED EDITION CONTENTS:
  • Limited Edition collection of both of Russ Meyer’s Hollywood films (3000 copies)
  • High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) presentation of Beyond the Valley of the Dolls
  • Standard Definition DVD presentation of The Seven Minutes
  • Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing for both films
  • Original mono audio (uncompressed PCM on the Blu-ray)
  • Two commentaries on Beyond the Valley of the Dolls by co-screenwriter Roger Ebert and actors Erica Gavin, John LaZar, Cynthia Myers, Harrison Page and Dolly Read
  • Introduction to Beyond the Valley of the Dolls by John LaZar
  • Above, Beneath and Beyond the Valley: The Making of a Musical-Horror-Sex-Comedy
  • Look On Up at the Bottom, with composer Stu Phillips and three members of the Carrie Nations discussing the film's music
  • The Best of Beyond, favourite moments selected by cast and crew members
  • Sex, Drugs, Music & Murder: Signs of the Time, Baby!, a look at the late 1960s culture that spawned Beyond the Valley of the Dolls
  • Casey & Roxanne: The Love Scene, discussed by participants Erica Gavin and Cynthia Myers
  • Screen tests for Michael Blodgett, Cynthia Myers, Harrison Page, Marcia McBroom
  • High Definition photo galleries
  • Multiple trailers
  • Reversible sleeve featuring two original artworks
  • Booklet featuring new writing on the film by critic Kat Ellinger

Region: B
Release Date: 18th January

Old 2nd October 2015, 03:16 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Yay, I ****ing love how considerate Arrow are these days, their ability to keep money in my bank account is second to none!
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!

Like this? Share it using the links below!