Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree26050Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 29th October 2021, 05:23 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trashforcash View Post
So, is Shock the same as Beyond the Door 2? Or is it redited/ different?
I asked the same thing on FB:
"So...I can pay £18 and get a copy of 'Beyond The Door II' and on the same day I can pay another £18 and get a copy of 'Shock'...which seems to be exactly the same film and extras but with a different title and cover artwork!
What's wrong with releasing the same film with a branching option that plays the film with the 'Behind The Door II' title OR the 'Shock' title and including a reversible cover with a choice of titles"

and the replies I got were:
"I assume it has to do with licensing"

...and'...
"the discs are the same, the only thing that's different is the slipcover on the outside of the case."

...and
" they are exactly the same but with different sleeve. The Beyond the Door 2 sleeve is a Arrow store exclusive."

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 29th October 2021, 07:27 PM
Cultist

Thanks for clearing that up. It looks the same as the two Death Screams slips. Arrow seem to be behind the curve on collectable slips. Companies like vinegar syndrome make sales based on slips alone. 88 films did a run of collectable slips a few years ago too.

There's gold in that cardboard!
Old 30th October 2021, 10:46 AM
Cult Acolyte

I just want to know if there is any Italian poster art on the reverse of either of them?
Old 31st October 2021, 06:31 PM
Cultist

Hi all, did anyone get the Cold Creatures set? Is it worth getting? Is it...

A) Good, good
B) Good, bad
Or just C) Bad, bad...

Been thinking about it since its release but wouldn't want to end up with a Grefe/Rebane on the shelf...
Old 31st October 2021, 06:45 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trashforcash View Post
Hi all, did anyone get the Cold Creatures set? Is it worth getting? Is it...

A) Good, good
B) Good, bad
Or just C) Bad, bad...

Been thinking about it since its release but wouldn't want to end up with a Grefe/Rebane on the shelf...
I don't have this set yet but I had the equivalent on DVD

The Werewolf - good
The Creature with the Atom Brain - not bad
The Zombies of Mora Tau - not bad
The Giant Claw - hilariously bad

At the end of the day they are 1950s sci-fi B movies. You either appreciate the era and the filmmaking limitations of studio B's for this particular genre or you don't? I do, so I quite enjoy them all...
Old 31st October 2021, 07:15 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Santa is bringing it me for Christmas. I always wanted the dvd set but never saw it at a decent price.
Old 1st November 2021, 03:46 PM
Cultist

Thanks all! One for the Christmas list... from myself... to myself!
g053584398 likes this.
Old 5th November 2021, 01:28 PM
Cult Acolyte

Whilst browsing Indicator's Facebook page I came across this post from one, Nora Mehenni, who it appears is moving jobs from Arrow to Indicator. I hope she doesn't mind, but I'm posting it here, just to remind us as punters, in case any of us were in any doubt, that the people who work on our favourite releases and genres are just as passionate and as dedicated to the physical format as we are. More power to this lady...

FULL BAVA CIRCLE... Friday was my last day working at Arrow Video
One of my oldest memory at the job was encoding and QC'ing BLACK SUNDAY. Now, nearly a decade later, I’m closing the dance with SHOCK! Once a Bava girl, always a Bava girl...
It’s been an absolute pleasure to be part of such a team of film freaks over the years. From encoding to creating an actual in-house QC system while overseeing the authoring process across hundreds of magnificent releases...it's been a journey and a half in this small tech/production team.
I'd like to thank the badass disc production team, the unsung technician heroes whose invisible touch means that the job has been perfectly done, down to the smallest of detail. To The Engine House and Fidelity in Motion, you guys are the best - and a rare breed!
The world may think we’re obsolete and our daily manoeuvres are just ancient nerd dialect, but I tell you physical media isn’t dead yet. We have such sights to show you - and objects of desire for you to caress, stare at, lend and cherish for years to come.
To all the beautiful Home Video degenerates, with love.
Next stop, Indicator!
Some of my favourite Arrow releases of the past decade, in no particular order:
- La Grande Bouffe
- Black Sunday
- Brain Damage
- Buckaroo Banzai
- Herschell Gordon Lewis Boxset
- American Horror Project 1 (The Witch Who Came From the Sea)
- Female Prisoner Scorpion Boxset
- Camille 2000
- Driller Killer
- Dekalog
- To Live & Die in LA
- Bill Grefe Boxset
- Bring Me the Head of Alfredo Garcia
Old 5th November 2021, 01:30 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Nora's fabulous - I've worked with her in various capacities for the better part of a decade. And to say that I was thrilled about her becoming a colleague again when I heard the news a few weeks ago would be putting it mildly.
Old 5th November 2021, 04:15 PM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

She's been a guest on the Arrow Podcast before giving insight about how the QC process works, she was really enthusiastic and it was an interesting interview. She talked particularly about the HGL Boxset.

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Like this? Share it using the links below!