All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree1162Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 7th February 2017, 04:26 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

It's all a con.

Order from the website where **** all is in stock and £25 qualifies you for free delivery but the catalogue threshold limit is £40 for free delivery.
Old 14th February 2017, 07:47 PM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

Screenbound have submitted The Awful Dr. Orloff to the BBFC meaning that there may be a slew of Franco on the way... good news for non-region free folk who haven't been able to pick up the Redemption US discs.
keirarts likes this.
Old 14th February 2017, 08:11 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs View Post
Screenbound have submitted The Awful Dr. Orloff to the BBFC meaning that there may be a slew of Franco on the way... good news for non-region free folk who haven't been able to pick up the Redemption US discs.
Everything redemption related so far from screenbound has been dvd only
Old 14th February 2017, 08:18 PM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob4 View Post
Everything redemption related so far from screenbound has been dvd only
Except for the Walker films and a couple of others (The Blood Beast Terror, Burke and Hare).

Hopefully some Franco will find their way to Blu, although as you allude to where Screenbound is concerned it's hit or miss whether they do.
keirarts likes this.
Old 14th February 2017, 09:18 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Except for the Walker films and a couple of others (The Blood Beast Terror, Burke and Hare).

Hopefully some Franco will find their way to Blu, although as you allude to where Screenbound is concerned it's hit or miss whether they do.
I bet the Franco films will be via their Blackhouse label.
Old 14th February 2017, 09:18 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:

I may be wrong but I thought Screenbound were releasing the Franco stuff under a sub-label and had already confirmed it would all be dvd only.
Old 14th February 2017, 09:22 PM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Harker View Post
I may be wrong but I thought Screenbound were releasing the Franco stuff under a sub-label and had already confirmed it would all be dvd only.
As Dem alluded to above these look like they may home from Blackhouse. I would have thought a title like Orloff (one of Franco's better, more polished films) may warrant a Screenbound Blu though as a lot of the Blackhouse stuff looks like it lies at more schlocky end of the Euro-trash spectrum (Oasis of the Zombies, Zombie Lake etc.)
Old 14th February 2017, 09:24 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
As Dem alluded to above these look like they may home from Blackhouse. I would have thought a title like Orloff (one of Franco's better, more polished films) may warrant a Screenbound Blu though as a lot of the Blackhouse stuff looks like it lies at more schlocky end of the Euro-trash spectrum (Oasis of the Zombies, Zombie Lake etc.)
Sadly all Franco films will be seen as schlock to the majority.
Old 14th February 2017, 09:26 PM
Cult Addict

The original post on FB

Exciting announcement. A selection of World Horror and Erotica Cult classics get the Screenbound touch! Throughout next year we will be releasing a host of films directed by horror and erotica industry legends, such as Jess Franco and Patrice Rhomm. Watch out for the new labels "Black House" and "Maison Rouge", labels dedicated to these fantastic releases. The first DVD is set to be released under the "Black House" label in March ... Demoniac 1975 (Jess Franco)

When I asked them myself about format they specified there were no plans for any blus.
keirarts likes this.
Old 14th February 2017, 09:31 PM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Sadly all Franco films will be seen as schlock to the majority.
Sad but true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Harker View Post
The original post on FB

Exciting announcement. A selection of World Horror and Erotica Cult classics get the Screenbound touch! Throughout next year we will be releasing a host of films directed by horror and erotica industry legends, such as Jess Franco and Patrice Rhomm. Watch out for the new labels "Black House" and "Maison Rouge", labels dedicated to these fantastic releases. The first DVD is set to be released under the "Black House" label in March ... Demoniac 1975 (Jess Franco)

When I asked them myself about format they specified there were no plans for any blus.
A shame. It doesn't really effect me as I have been buying the Redemption US Blus anyway but a shame for non-region free Franco fans.
keirarts likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!