Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Other Labels (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=565)
-   -   The BFI Blu-ray and DVD Release Thread (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/other-labels/9116-bfi-blu-ray-dvd-release-thread.html)

bdc 6th May 2013 02:51 PM

I think I'll be getting it then as I also like those swinging 60's films (even drama's)... ;)

I wish they would release Smashing Time and The Touchables...I don't know who has the rights to those? :pray:

SharonLynette 6th May 2013 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BAKA (Post 339756)
Sainsbury's Entertainment have most of them on offer for £6.99 at the moment (including Permissive). A great time to stock up. Sadly the one I want (Voice Over) is out of stock at the moment. After hearing someone compare it to Berberian Sound Studio recently, I suddenly find myself very interested in checking it out. Hopefully it will come back in stock at £6.99.

I bought Voice Over for £8.25 on Amazon. They are awfully cheap on Sainsburys, I hope they are the dual format editions like they say! Thank You for that, I know it'smebilly mentioned about Sainsburys on the other page but I hate the Sainsburys website and not being able to browse or look for collections I nearly gave up! I have now just started to fill in gaps including The Bed Sitting Room (if they arrive).

bdc 6th May 2013 02:57 PM

Btw you're right More and The Valley aren't Flipside. :doh:

SharonLynette 6th May 2013 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bdc (Post 339766)
Btw you're right More and The Valley aren't Flipside. :doh:

They still look good!

Slippery Jack 6th May 2013 09:00 PM

That's Little Malcolm... and Bed-Sitting Room ordered then :nod: . . .

bdc 6th May 2013 09:37 PM

Just ordered Joanna,Deep End and Nightbirds. :)

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 7th May 2013 02:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bdc (Post 339858)
Just ordered Joanna,Deep End and Nightbirds. :)

I've never seen Joanna (I'm deeply put off by the fact that it is a musical *shudder*), but both Deep End and Nightbirds are excellent. Plus, the Nightbirds release also contains a copy of Milligan's cheesy horror gem The Body Beneath!

Mojo 7th May 2013 01:34 PM

I really didn't like Joanna at all.

Love the BFI Flipsides though - Private Road, Man Of Violence, Little Malcolm, Deep End and Permissive would be among my favourites so far...

Nemesis 7th May 2013 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs (Post 339907)
I've never seen Joanna (I'm deeply put off by the fact that it is a musical *shudder*), but both Deep End and Nightbirds are excellent. Plus, the Nightbirds release also contains a copy of Milligan's cheesy horror gem The Body Beneath!

I thought Joanna was alright but nothing special - it's the extras that make it a good package. The Road to St Tropez is quite a fun travelogue with Udo Kier, while Death may be your Santa Claus is just bonkers with quite a nasty scene thrown in.

I liked most of the Flipsides that I've seen, particularly Pleasure Girls and All the right noises. Man of Violence with the Big Switch is a great package, while Requiem for a Village was quite a find. It's not for everyone though.

bdc 7th May 2013 06:57 PM

Curious about Joanna now as opinions are divided it seems. ;)

Btw the fact that The Body Beneath (in hd) is included as a bonus on Nightbirds certainly influenced my decision.