Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels

Like Tree3132Likes

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #971  
Old 30th July 2013, 02:55 AM
Jinx_Barkman's Avatar
Cultist on the Rampage
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: US
Default

I don't really care about the artwork for Eve but that has to be one of the most ridiculous, asinine statements I've read in recent memory. A gun pointing directly at the viewer! Oh no, take cover!
Reply With Quote
  #972  
Old 30th July 2013, 09:14 AM
Paul@TheOverlook's Avatar
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Tavistock, Devon
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs View Post
Here's the artwork for Scream Factory's BD of Eve Of Destruction. It's using the artwork used to promote the vhs/laserdisc release. Scream told me that they plan to use the original theatrical artwork on the reverse, as Shout objected to it being used on the front. Get this! because Hines pointing the gun almost directly at the viewer, is a no-no. Those crazy yanks! They love guns so much, yet have a problem with their depiction on a dvd/blu-ray cover!

That used to be an issue here with the Video Packaging Review Committee (VPRC) - I know that the video cover for Unlawful Entry was doctored to "tone down" the threat imposed by a gun Kurt Russell was seen brandishing because it was thought it would unnerve those of a nervous disposition!
__________________
Facebook | Twitter | Blog | Criticbusters
Reply With Quote
  #973  
Old 30th July 2013, 09:19 AM
Stephen@Cult Labs's Avatar
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Irvine, Scotland
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinx_Barkman View Post
I don't really care about the artwork for Eve but that has to be one of the most ridiculous, asinine statements I've read in recent memory. A gun pointing directly at the viewer! Oh no, take cover!
They're mad! But then I always knew that. Here's a screenshot from the trailer for Miami Blues. Note the middle of the screen with the title. That's because the MPAA wouldn't allow them to have the uzi pointed directly at the cashier! And of course, we all know about the last Indy trailer being altered so guns weren't pointed at anyone. The MPAA, got to laugh at them.

__________________
"Give me grain or give me death!"
Reply With Quote
  #974  
Old 30th July 2013, 09:24 AM
Stephen@Cult Labs's Avatar
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Irvine, Scotland
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul@Lovelockandload View Post
That used to be an issue here with the Video Packaging Review Committee (VPRC) - I know that the video cover for Unlawful Entry was doctored to "tone down" the threat imposed by a gun Kurt Russell was seen brandishing because it was thought it would unnerve those of a nervous disposition!
That's really weird Paul. Never noticed that before. It gets stranger though. Having a look on the internet, I noticed that the UK cinema poster was indeed different, with Russell pointing the gun at an angle, but the vhs/ dvd cover was back to pointing it directly at the viewer. Crazy.
__________________
"Give me grain or give me death!"
Reply With Quote
  #975  
Old 30th July 2013, 09:26 AM
Paul@TheOverlook's Avatar
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Tavistock, Devon
Default

I love Miami Blues!

Oh and another example of the VPRC sticking its nose in is with the UK DVD cover for Night Hawks - the gun was removed altogether on that one.
__________________
Facebook | Twitter | Blog | Criticbusters
Reply With Quote
  #976  
Old 30th July 2013, 09:31 AM
Stephen@Cult Labs's Avatar
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Irvine, Scotland
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul@Lovelockandload View Post
I love Miami Blues!

Oh and another example of the VPRC sticking its nose in is with the UK DVD cover for Night Hawks - the gun was removed altogether on that one.
I'm thinking that might be the same reason the gun was removed from the dvd cover for Fletch? Although that was pointed at him, and not us.
__________________
"Give me grain or give me death!"
Reply With Quote
  #977  
Old 30th July 2013, 09:36 AM
Paul@TheOverlook's Avatar
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Tavistock, Devon
Default

I'd forgotten about that! You could be right but I know that guns pointing out we're the big no-no.
__________________
Facebook | Twitter | Blog | Criticbusters
Reply With Quote
  #978  
Old 30th July 2013, 11:12 AM
keirarts's Avatar
Cult Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Barrow-in-furness
Blog Entries: 14
Default

INCREDIBLE MELTING MAN is 11.33 on AMAZON MARKETPLACE from ALLYOURMUSIC.
trebor8273 likes this.
Reply With Quote
  #979  
Old 30th July 2013, 04:48 PM
Jinx_Barkman's Avatar
Cultist on the Rampage
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: US
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs View Post
They're mad! But then I always knew that. Here's a screenshot from the trailer for Miami Blues. Note the middle of the screen with the title. That's because the MPAA wouldn't allow them to have the uzi pointed directly at the cashier! And of course, we all know about the last Indy trailer being altered so guns weren't pointed at anyone. The MPAA, got to laugh at them.

trebor8273 likes this.
Reply With Quote
  #980  
Old 30th July 2013, 05:01 PM
Stephen@Cult Labs's Avatar
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Irvine, Scotland
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinx_Barkman View Post
Nope, afraid the Sisko photo has went right over my head!
Jinx_Barkman likes this.
__________________
"Give me grain or give me death!"
Reply With Quote
Reply  

Like this? Share it using the links below!

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



Our goal is to keep Cult Labs friendly. If you feel discouraged from posting by certain members' behaviour then you can e-mail us in complete confidence.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
All forum posts are contributed by members of the site; Cult Labs cannot take responsibility for all content posted on the site. If you have an issue with content posted on the site please click the 'report post' button.
Copyright © 2014 Cult Laboratories Ltd. All rights reserved.