Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Sci-Fi & Fantasy (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=542)
-   -   The Doctor Who Thread (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/sci-fi-fantasy/2137-doctor-who-thread.html)

trebor8273 6th January 2020 09:13 PM

I hope this is her last season , nothing to do with her sex she's just not very good in the role, just not a good enough actor stupid faces don't make you the doctor

gag 6th January 2020 09:17 PM

From what I've been reading people want her replaced possible chance next series will be here last , who replace her ? I don't know I'm not the expert on doctor who I just watch it for sake of watching it .
But Kris Marshall name has been cropping up a lot as contender, but like owt else could be bollocks and fake news what do I know .:lol:
Just saying what's been cropping up and I've been reading lately .

trebor8273 6th January 2020 09:22 PM

I would like them to take a break from a new doctor and give us 8th doctor with big finish writers , but that will never happen.

Hell with how advanced deaging technology is now get Tom Baker back!( Or maybe not with the poorish nu who writers)

gag 6th January 2020 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trebor8273 (Post 618243)
I would like them to take a break from a new doctor and give us 8th doctor with big finish writers , but that will never happen.

Hell with how advanced deaging technology is now get Tom Baker back!( Or maybe not with the poorish nu who writers)

Yes I'm not a fan of the new doctor who rather them go back to old style ..
Even some of the naff old doctor who is still better than some of the new doctor who .
Sometimes I feel their trying to hard, be witty, modern etc and sometimes that just doesn't work, one of my favourites and I feel that's how doctor who should be is the empty child, also blink why can't we have more episodes like them.
The laser shoes was just utter stupid and daft in my opinion .

Demdike@Cult Labs 6th January 2020 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gag (Post 618245)
one of my favourites and I feel that's how doctor who should be is the empty child, why can't we have more episodes like that .

So you want more Steven Moffat written episodes? :lol:

gag 6th January 2020 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 618247)

Just episodes as good as that or that type and style ..

iank 6th January 2020 11:45 PM

Press are already speculating about the next Doctor, apparently. :lol:

Susan Foreman 7th January 2020 05:50 AM

Popular music in 'Doctor Who' #7

Episode: 'The Evil Of The Daleks' - Episode 1 (1967) (iii)
Artist: Jack Trombley And The International Studio Group
Titles: 'Mexican Beat'
Notes:
* Heard in the background on a radio played by Bob Hall (Alec Ross)
* Originally released on the 1966 10" album 'Young Beat'
* The production paperwork at the BBC incorrectly gives the title of the tune as 'Young beat', which is a different tune on the same album
* Dutch composer Trombley, who's real name is Jan Stoeckart, is best remembered for composing the tune 'Eye Level', which was used as the theme to the detective show 'Van der Valk'

Rob4 7th January 2020 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 618247)

the Stephen Moffat episodes before he became the show runner were excellent - they won Hugo Awards. Scary stuff with just the right amount humour.

Susan Foreman 8th January 2020 05:21 AM

Popular music in 'Doctor Who' #8

Episode: 'Spearhead From Space' - Episode 2 (1970)
Artist: Fleetwood Mac
Titles: 'Oh Well (Part 1)'
Notes:
* Played as dolls are manufactured at Auto Plastics
* Due to music licensing issues, it was removed from the original 2001 DVD release, but it was later reinstated for the 2011 special edition DVD reissue.
* The single was high in the UK charts when the episode was recorded
* The song was originally intended as being released only as a single, but after its' success (it reached #2 on the UK charts), it was added to a revised edition of the album 'Then Play On'