Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Sci-Fi & Fantasy (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=542)
-   -   The Doctor Who Thread (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/sci-fi-fantasy/2137-doctor-who-thread.html)

Demdike@Cult Labs 1st October 2012 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suziginajackson (Post 277917)
Slept thru 'The Time of Angels'

Think I was drunk!

Shame, that was a very good two parter.

Demdike@Cult Labs 1st October 2012 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sam tyler (Post 277914)
I don't think they did specify an exact year however with River apparently able to get in touch with Amy to complete the book then they must have had some idea or lets face it they would only need to check the graveyard records and you would not need to be a genius to trace them back to at least within in a few years.

All they would need to do then is travel to an earlier time and send a letter to the Ponds to meet at a certain future point maybe a few years after they arrived, after all that same method worked out ok for Marty McFly.

To see this as some big ending where they can never return from is quite honestly a huge plot hole which makes no sense at all and it kind of devalues the rest of the episode.

To be honest I have found this series to be a real disappointment with only the first episode being any where near the quality of previous series.

Hopefully things will improve however I hope when the eventual regeneration occurs again that they get an older darker Doctor to give the program a new lease of life.

Personally I have always wanted to see what Bill Nighy could do with the part.

Its a right load of b*****s really isn't it?

Personally i like Matt Smith, but i would also like to see an older Doctor. Give Smith a decent script and he's very good.

Its never going to happen, but given a choice i would like to see a season of Paul McGann as the Doctor set during the Time War. Then we could go back to a slightly older Matt Smith in the next series.

Criterion7 2nd October 2012 07:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike (Post 277746)
Planet of the Dead, The Waters of Mars, The Next Doctor, The End of Time.

Doctor ten never had a problem with it really.

Considering the consistent downward spiral of the Doctor during this period I'd say he had a serious problem with it.

Hawkmonger 2nd October 2012 07:44 AM

Aw **** it, I bought the 11 Doctor's Figure boxset. At just under £35 I couldn't resist Judge Death's hissing any further.

Mojo 2nd October 2012 02:52 PM

Another enjoyable episode on Saturday. Now that the Ponds' saga has finished, I'm hoping for some more standalone monster tales in the new year.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike (Post 277328)
I see there are rumours of all new / revamped Cybermen in Neil Gaiman's episode in the spring.

That could be interesting. Didn't Moffat say he wanted to bring back the 'real' Cybermen at some point? I did like RTD's design, but it would be great to see a proper Cyber - story again. Their last few appearances haven't been that great, have they?

Demoncrat 2nd October 2012 04:25 PM

Cybermen didn't need a "catchphrase" in my day, so a return to their former selves would be nice, but I'm not holding my breath.

RedEyeTheCylon 2nd October 2012 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawkmonger (Post 277974)
Aw **** it, I bought the 11 Doctor's Figure boxset. At just under £35 I couldn't resist Judge Death's hissing any further.

Good man :clap:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mojo (Post 278088)
That could be interesting. Didn't Moffat say he wanted to bring back the 'real' Cybermen at some point? I did like RTD's design, but it would be great to see a proper Cyber - story again. Their last few appearances haven't been that great, have they?

I think we're supposed to assume that the Cybermen that appear in A Good Man Goes To War and Closing Time are the Mondasians. But yeah they're last appearances have been underwhelming, all they seem to do is stand around and have their heads explode. It would be great to see them invading earth again Ã* la The Invasion.

Mojo 2nd October 2012 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedEyeTheCylon (Post 278154)
But yeah they're last appearances have been underwhelming, all they seem to do is stand around and have their heads explode. It would be great to see them invading earth again Ã* la The Invasion.

Now you're talking, RedEye :nod:

Susan Foreman 2nd October 2012 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suziginajackson (Post 274392)
Also, it seems that if the show is ever filmed in New Zealand, Peter Jackson has said that he would be interested in directing an episode

Will Peter Jackson direct Dr Who? | Stuff.co.nz

It's not only Peter Jackson, either

Rian Johnson, director of 'Looper' has said he would like to direct an episode as well!

Looper's Rian Johnson throws his hat into the Doctor Who ring | News | Television at The Digital Fix

Hawkmonger 2nd October 2012 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suziginajackson (Post 278254)
It's not only Peter Jackson, either

Rian Johnson, director of 'Looper' has said he would like to direct an episode as well!

Looper's Rian Johnson throws his hat into the Doctor Who ring | News | Television at The Digital Fix

Oh, THIS I wan't to see.:happy: