Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Sci-Fi & Fantasy (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=542)
-   -   The Doctor Who Thread (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/sci-fi-fantasy/2137-doctor-who-thread.html)

Demdike@Cult Labs 3rd April 2020 10:28 AM

Image of the Day # 360

1 Attachment(s)
An Imperial Dalek from the 1988 classic Remembrance of the Daleks.

Susan Foreman 3rd April 2020 12:54 PM

April 3rd, 2010 - 10 years ago today, Matt Smith made his first full appearance as the Doctor in 'The Eleventh Hour'

Demdike@Cult Labs 3rd April 2020 01:17 PM

Have you finished with the musical interludes, Susan?

Susan Foreman 3rd April 2020 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 624104)
Have you finished with the musical interludes, Susan?

Pretty much so

It was a good way to pass three months!

If I was to continue, I would end up posting things like 'The Teddy Bears Picnic', which was played by Isobel Watkins on her gramophone in 'The Invasion'...

...or 'Pop Goes The Weasel', which Missy played on the piano in 'Knock Knock'

Now I'm racking my brains with what I can do next!!

Demdike@Cult Labs 3rd April 2020 01:31 PM

Surprised there wasn't any during series 12.

I found it quite informative. Totally forgot The Cult featured in the abysmal Journey to the Centre of the TARDIS.

Susan Foreman 3rd April 2020 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 624108)
Surprised there wasn't any during series 12

There isn't any that I am aware of but, to be honest, I only saw 'Prisoner Of The Judoon'

I'll have to wait until I get the DVD release to see if there is any popular music on it and then do an update

Demdike@Cult Labs 3rd April 2020 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Susan Foreman (Post 624109)
There isn't any that I am aware of but, to be honest, I only saw 'Prisoner Of The Judoon'

I'll have to wait until I get the DVD release to see if there is any popular music on it and then do an update

Thinking back, i don't think there was.

Cost cutting perhaps?

Demdike@Cult Labs 3rd April 2020 01:39 PM

My fave i think was the Master doing I Can't Decide by the Scissor Sisters.

Demdike@Cult Labs 3rd April 2020 02:02 PM

In the booklet for The Faceless Ones it talks to the director of the animation and it implies that she directed The Wheel in Space. Not a clip but the whole thing.

After loving part one of The Faceless Ones i thought last weeks part two was a drag, really dull, but part three which i watched last night (a day early) was a real step up. Pacy and quite exciting with some gorgeous animation of planes.

Susan Foreman 3rd April 2020 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 624114)
In the booklet for The Faceless Ones it talks to the director of the animation and it implies that she directed The Wheel in Space. Not a clip but the whole thing.

The back page of the booklet also states that the final broadcast dates for the story, before its junking, was June 11th - June 16th, 1973 in Zambia

To put this into perspective, episode 5 of 'The Green Death', which I watched, was originally transmitted in the UK on June 16th, 1973

It's disturbing to think that stories that are now missing were still available during my viewing history of the show