Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Sci-Fi & Fantasy (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=542)
-   -   The Doctor Who Thread (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/sci-fi-fantasy/2137-doctor-who-thread.html)

Demdike@Cult Labs 8th January 2013 03:50 PM

Vote for Doctor Who at the NTA's.

Home - The National Television Awards

The show, Matt and Karen are up for awards.

I voted for Matt and Karen in their acting categories.

But voted Merlin best drama. :lol: :bolt:

Hawkmonger 8th January 2013 03:53 PM

I voted for Matt and Karen also, though Sherlock took best drama with me. I almost slit a wrist to avoid choosing between Matt and Benedict Cummberbatch! :pound:

Susan Foreman 8th January 2013 06:14 PM

Oh dear!

BBC - Blogs - Doctor Who - K-9 Returns in Stargazing LIVE!

Hawkmonger 8th January 2013 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suziginajackson (Post 310179)

I think that's kinda cute. I love Stargazing Live so i'll enjoy this.:nod:

Mojo 8th January 2013 07:56 PM

Watched Shada for the first time. It's a typically bonkers Adams story, though I don't think it's particularly well realised on screen. Mind you, it did come at the end of arguably one of Who's worst ever seasons. Despite that, it was great to see Tom Baker and Lalla Ward :eyebrows: in stuff I'd never seen before. Great 'new' footage, but not so great a story. A bit like finding a new episode of The Underwater Menace. :madgrin:

Susan Foreman 10th January 2013 10:04 AM

VERY disappointed to discover that the animated version of 'Shada' is only available as a CD-ROM feature, and not something that can be played on the television

Demdike@Cult Labs 10th January 2013 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suziginajackson (Post 310882)
VERY disappointed to discover that the animated version of 'Shada' is only available as a CD-ROM feature, and not something that can be played on the television

I've had the McGann cd of Shada for years and never listened to it yet so it really doesn't bother me.

Shada from what i know is pretty rubbish anyway. :eek:

Hawkmonger 10th January 2013 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike (Post 310890)
Shada from what i know is pretty rubbish anyway. :eek:

A fitting end to the season, eh? It was all bad.:bored:

Demdike@Cult Labs 10th January 2013 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawkmonger (Post 310892)
A fitting end to the season, eh? It was all bad.:bored:

What was Shada or the season?

If you mean the season then i strongly disagree as i really like Destiny of the Daleks, City of Death,Creature from the Pit and the much maligned Nightmare of Eden. But thats just me.

I'll give you that Horns of Nimon isn't one of the all time greats though. :lol:

Hawkmonger 10th January 2013 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike (Post 310895)
What was Shada or the season?

If you mean the season then i strongly disagree as i really like Destiny of the Daleks, City of Death,Creature from the Pit and the much maligned Nightmare of Eden. But thats just me.

I'll give you that Horns of Nimon isn't one of the all time greats though. :lol:

I meant Shada. I agree mostly with you, honestly it was a swooning high of a season, but City of Death is a classic, Nightmare of eden and Creature of the Pit are both memoriable, and Destiny of the Daleks is middling, messed up by those wankers The Movelons, yet I agree out right of The Horns of Nimon. Great when your pissed (seriously, on the after drinks wind down, bad Who is extremely enjoyable) but one of the all time low's for Tom. Of all the storys to get referenced in Nu-Who, it had to be this one! :rolleyes::lol: