Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Sci-Fi & Fantasy (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=542)
-   -   The Doctor Who Thread (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/sci-fi-fantasy/2137-doctor-who-thread.html)

Mojo 21st September 2015 06:54 PM

I enjoyed the first episode on Saturday. I just wish they had ditched or shortened the Doctor / guitar scene. Putting that to one side, it was an excellent opening to the series. Julian Bleach IS Davros and I look forward to the resolution next week.

Susan Foreman 26th September 2015 09:18 AM

It seems that Tom Baker is going to be doing something in the 'Star Wars' universe:

"Baker has been asked to lend his voice to a character specifically created for him as part of the Star Wars series, with Baker saying at a Day of the Doctors convention, “I’m going to be in this new Star Wars thing, you know? I’m going down to record some voices for this new character they’ve created for me, very soon.” It’s not clear which Star Wars project he’s attached to, but no matter what, it’s pretty cool that the character was created for his voice specifically (according to the Doctor)."

Tom Baker: Where Is He Now? | Anglophenia | BBC America

Andra Jai 26th September 2015 05:28 PM

1 Attachment(s)
The set is finally complete - All 13

Demdike@Cult Labs 26th September 2015 05:30 PM

Have you got the Tennant TARDIS as well. It's a fair bit larger than that one. You'd be able to stand them all in it.

Andra Jai 26th September 2015 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 462794)
Have you got the Tennant TARDIS as well. It's a fair bit larger than that one. You'd be able to stand them all in it.

Believe it or not I used to have a complete collection including all of the character options classic and new figures. However about 2-3 years ago my love for 1/6th scale figures took over and I sold the complete collection in one go but took out one of each doctor to keep and one tardis to show them all in. I then only had to wait to buy the War Doctor and last week Capaldi.

Demdike@Cult Labs 26th September 2015 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sam tyler (Post 462796)
Believe it or not I used to have a complete collection including all of the character options classic and new figures. However about 2-3 years ago my love for 1/6th scale figures took over and I sold the complete collection in one go but took out one of each doctor to keep and one tardis to show them all in. I then only had to wait to buy the War Doctor and last week Capaldi.

Are the 1/6 scale ones the smaller ones they produce now? I'm not up on toy scales.

Andra Jai 26th September 2015 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 462797)
Are the 1/6 scale ones the smaller ones they produce now? I'm not up on toy scales.

No I'm on about 1/6th Scale movie figures (12")

this is my collection here

https://www.facebook.com/blureviewob...5491586&type=3

Demdike@Cult Labs 26th September 2015 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sam tyler (Post 462798)
No I'm on about 1/6th Scale movie figures (12")

this is my collection here

https://www.facebook.com/blureviewob...5491586&type=3

Right thanks.

The page doesn't show for me as i'm not a FB user, thanks anyway.

Susan Foreman 26th September 2015 06:27 PM

"The BBC have revealed that the first two episodes of Doctor Who Series 9 will be edited together for a repeat airing on BBC One. This will be the same version that was shown at a recent preview screening in Cardiff.

The Magician's Apprentice/The Witch's Familiar will air at 3.15pm, Sunday 27th September on BBC One. This is the first time that this format has been used for Doctor Who post-2005 (episodes have been repeated one after another, but not as an "omnibus" edition)."

Blogtor Who: Doctor Who Series 9: The Magician's Apprentice/The Witch's Familiar omnibus repeat

iank 26th September 2015 09:14 PM

Was going to give Warriors of the Deep another go last night but turned it off after 10-15 minutes because... well... it's Warriors of the Deep.
So I gave Resurrection of the Daleks another spin, which I haven't actually seen in full for ten years. Oh dearie me. The thing about Resurrection is, it kind of... fools you into thinking it's going to be good. Unlike Warriors, which is obviously crap within just a few minutes, Resurrection is largely very well made, seems to have a nice atmosphere going and various plot threads to keep the interest... but it just takes longer to get to the inevitable crushing realisation of "This is crap". There are no characters to speak of, performances are generally unimpressive, the dialogue is functional at best, and it's all deeply dour. At just over the halfway mark my interest began to plummet and by the last episode I was just waiting for it to end. A mess. I can see why I haven't watched it for so long! One of the worst Dalek stories in the original series.