Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Sci-Fi & Fantasy (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=542)
-   -   The Doctor Who Thread (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/sci-fi-fantasy/2137-doctor-who-thread.html)

LineSix 24th March 2010 09:30 PM

Yeah, I have to say, I've had zero interest in the modern series but this new series has actually got me interested and quite excited, it looks really good, Matt Smith actually looks the part and reminds me of Troughton somewhat, I'll definitely be tuning in for the new series.

Debzz 24th March 2010 09:31 PM

wooo
is that gonna be in the new series??
that looks very creepy!
woohoo rtd's soap opera slushs wont be in the new series...hopefully

Mojo 24th March 2010 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Debzz (Post 69308)
wooo
is that gonna be in the new series??
that looks very creepy!
woohoo rtd's soap opera slushs wont be in the new series...hopefully

It is! ( second episode I think ).

Debzz 24th March 2010 09:35 PM

that picture has now made me excited for the new series.
:D
when is it the new series starts? april?

vincenzo 24th March 2010 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mojo (Post 69302)

Blimey it's John Prescott!!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye (Post 69266)
one of my favourites being The Celestial Toymaker, of which I think only two of the televised episodes remain(?).

Yes sadly this is one of the victims of the BBC wipe. Only episode 4 (of the 4 episodes) still exists. The main casualties came during 1966-68. Namely Hartnell's final season and Troughton's first two, including his encounters with the Daleks and the Yeti. Very few complete stories survive from this period. Also completely missing (bar the audio) is Hartnell's early epic Marco Polo. :(

The final episode of The Tenth Planet is one of the top 10 on the BBC's missing 'hit list'. The VHS version attempted bravely to reconstruct it through audio, telesnaps, stills and the 3 mins or so surviving footage (which luckily includes the regeneration scene).

Stephen@Cult Labs 24th March 2010 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Debzz (Post 69310)
that picture has now made me excited for the new series.
:D
when is it the new series starts? april?

It should be April 1st by the looks of it :lol: Can you tell I can't seem to muster up any excitement for it? I'll probably change my mind 5 minutes into the first episode.

Debzz 24th March 2010 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevoj (Post 69313)
It should be April 1st by the looks of it :lol: Can you tell I can't seem to muster up any excitement for it? I'll probably change my mind 5 minutes into the first episode.

hahahahahahahahahaha.
yeah, i was excited for the david tennent ones, but then after a few episodes i got bored and wanted to punch his face :P
but i'm hoping this series is good!
none of the new eps even come close to as being as good as the old series! and i haven't watched any of the new ones more that once.

Stephen@Cult Labs 24th March 2010 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Debzz (Post 69317)
none of the new eps even come close to as being as good as the old series! and i haven't watched any of the new ones more that once.

Snap.Even if I turn over and they're on BBC3,I turn away again.Mulitple viewings of Baker classics like The Horror Of Fang Rock,The Talons Of Weng-Chiang,The Brain Of Morbius and Genesis Of The Daleks gets me my required fix of Who. :D

vincenzo 24th March 2010 09:59 PM

The Three Doctors and Hartnell's Inside The Spaceship (Edge Of Destruction) are my favourites.

LineSix 24th March 2010 10:00 PM

I can spend all day watching multiple serials of the classic series, one after another, of any classic Doctor. I can watch maybe two new Who episodes and then I get bored. :dizzy:

I don't really want to turn this thread into 'Slag off the new Doctor Who', but I guess most of us share the same opinion that the classics are far superior to the modern re-imagining.