Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Sci-Fi & Fantasy (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=542)
-   -   The Doctor Who Thread (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/sci-fi-fantasy/2137-doctor-who-thread.html)

Demdike@Cult Labs 19th October 2016 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iank (Post 508841)
There may be more animations on the way, with an interview with the head guy behind Power hinting that they were surprised to get the go-ahead to do Power "first", ahead of stories with just a few episodes missing. BBC Worldwide have also been hinting at more classic releases on Twitter.
Sounds encouraging! :zombie::woot:

Yes, in the mag i mentioned above, the people behind the animations say it depends on how well Power does.

I think it'll do well as will any Dalek or Cybermen story. I'll be doubtful about The Savages or something of that ilk though.

This will make money through it's US cinema release albeit for one day, plus money it makes on download and i hope it does well on dvd.

I know i've got it pre-ordered so it will sell at least one copy. :skull:

iank 19th October 2016 09:59 PM

I think it is (or was for several weeks) in the top 50 Amazon pre-order titles for weeks after it went up.
Seems pretty likely to be more. :)

Susan Foreman 20th October 2016 05:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iank (Post 508843)
I think it is (or was for several weeks) in the top 50 Amazon pre-order titles for weeks after it went up.
Seems pretty likely to be more. :)

At time of writing:

Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 76 in DVD & Blu-ray

#7 in DVD & Blu-ray > Science Fiction
#19 in DVD & Blu-ray > Fantasy
#19 in DVD & Blu-ray > Children & Family

Demdike@Cult Labs 21st October 2016 03:11 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Just picked up a slimline 2017 official Doctor Who calendar from Poundland.

It's the same images as this years official calendar but as i say this is a slimmed down version. I really like it and certainly worth a pound.

Susan Foreman 23rd October 2016 05:48 AM

Doctor Who: exclusive behind the scenes look at The Power of the Daleks - Patricks Troughton's first episode

nosferatu42 23rd October 2016 07:24 PM

Just watched the first two episodes of Class the latest Doctor Who spin off series.
Quite enjoyed it, a bit rushed in places and a little rough around the edges but watchable enough.

Comes across as a mix of Sarah Jane and Torchwood to me.

Liked the first episode better of the two, the Doctor cameo was nice, the lead kids were likeable enough, with the Miss Quill teacher character being quite entertaining, her uncaring nature made for a nice contrast with the kids and i thought she was quite sexy too.:hailwitch:

So generally good and i will watch the rest as they air.:brainfood:

Demdike@Cult Labs 23rd October 2016 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nosferatu42 (Post 509131)
Just watched the first two episodes of Class the latest Doctor Who spin off series.
Quite enjoyed it, a bit rushed in places and a little rough around the edges but watchable enough.

Comes across as a mix of Sarah Jane and Torchwood to me.

Liked the first episode better of the two, the Doctor cameo was nice, the lead kids were likeable enough, with the Miss Quill teacher character being quite entertaining, her uncaring nature made for a nice contrast with the kids and i thought she was quite sexy too.:hailwitch:

So generally good and i will watch the rest as they air.:brainfood:

It's had positive reviews so i thought i'd ignore it now and pick it up when it hits dvd next year.

iank 23rd October 2016 09:10 PM

Sounds ghastly from what I've heard! :jaws:

Demdike@Cult Labs 23rd October 2016 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iank (Post 509146)
Sounds ghastly from what I've heard! :jaws:

That's to be expected though as you don't like Doctor Who after 1989.

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 24th October 2016 06:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 509149)
That's to be expected though as you don't like Doctor Who after 1989.

He's a sensible man. :skull: