Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Sci-Fi & Fantasy (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=542)
-   -   The Doctor Who Thread (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/sci-fi-fantasy/2137-doctor-who-thread.html)

iank 25th October 2016 12:55 AM

Posters on Gallifrey Base are saying that series 10 will also be Murray Gold's last season.

:mummy::devilbanana::woot:

Demdike@Cult Labs 25th October 2016 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iank (Post 509313)
Posters on Gallifrey Base are saying that series 10 will also be Murray Gold's last season.

:mummy::devilbanana::woot:

Why does it please you when you don't even like the show?

iank 25th October 2016 09:24 PM

It could be good, if they'd stop making it shit. Series 1 was pretty good, series 3 was very good, series 5 was great. It's not my fault so much of the rest - and especially the last four years - has been so fecking dire. :chainsawkill::megachainsaw:

Power of the Daleks is out in Australia on DVD in December. No need to import to get it for Xmas then! :woot:
There's also going to be a limited number of cinema screenings here (though probably nowhere near me!)

Susan Foreman 26th October 2016 12:02 PM

'Class'

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 509223)
It's out on Jan 2nd on dvd and blu

Up for pre-order at Amazon

DVD - £19.97

B;u-Ray - £24.99

Demdike@Cult Labs 27th October 2016 03:57 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Just been at Townley Garden Centre at Townley Hall, Burnley, and there among the Christmas trees was a TARDIS.

Naturally i pushed the button on it several times to see and hear the dematerialization sound and lights followed by the Tennant theme.

It all looked far more Chrismassy than this pic suggests.

Susan Foreman 27th October 2016 06:23 PM

Episodes of 'Class' are available to watch here: BBC iPlayer - Class - Series 1: 1. For Tonight We Might Die

Just click 'yes, I have a TV license' and 'yes, I am over 16' when prompted

My thoughts for the first minute - poor CGI effects and a theme song with lyrics!

Then I turned it off

iank 27th October 2016 08:52 PM

I gave it a chance.

Turned it off after 15 minutes.

:skull:

Demdike@Cult Labs 27th October 2016 10:52 PM

14 Attachment(s)
I was messing about the other day with my camera whilst watching Remembrance of the Daleks.

Here's the results. :skull:

Demdike@Cult Labs 28th October 2016 11:11 AM

There are a lot of strong rumours although not confirmed that the classic series writer is Rona (Survival) Munro.

If so i'm happy as i really rate Survival.

Susan Foreman 28th October 2016 11:58 AM

The Power of the Daleks DVD artwork and extras unveiled | Articles | Doctor Who

**Note - Some of the extra will only be on the DVD, and NOT on the version available from the BBC Store while some will only be available from the BBC Store and NOT on the DVD
  • Alternate soundtracks [DVD only] - The option to listen to the story with a series of completely new digital re-masters of the original soundtrack – a stereo mix; a 5.1 surround sound mix and version of the original 1966 mono sound mix.
  • Animation Test Footage - A compilation of animation tests, created during the production of the new animated series.
  • Audio Commentaries on all 6 episodes [DVD only] - Members of the original cast and crew are joined by members of the new animation unit to discuss the production of the story and its new animated reconstruction. Moderated by Toby Hadoke. Please note: this commentary also includes archive audio.
  • Booklet with Production Notes [DVD only] - An extensively researched set of production notes, written by the noted television historian Andrew Pixley, covering the behind the scenes story of how the original production was made.
  • Original Camera Scripts [DVD only] - Selected items of original production paperwork and a complete set of original camera scripts
  • Original Title Sequence: new restoration - An unedited presentation of the full original 'Doctor Who' title sequence, prepared using an all new HD re-master of the original film elements.
  • The Power of the Daleks Animation and Photo Gallery - An extended gallery of images, featuring production photographs from the original 1966 series and artwork from the latest animated production, accompanied by incidental music from the story, which has been digitally re-mastered from the original music production tapes.
  • The Power of the Daleks Surviving Footage & Original Trailer [BBC Store only] - A compilation of short film fragments and clips from the original 1966 BBC television production - the only surviving footage to remain of the show's original BBC1 run.
  • Original Dalek Voice Session Recording (1966) [DVD only] - Rare and previously unreleased sections from the studio recordings that were made at Maida Vale Studios in 1966 for the Dalek voices.
  • Servants and Masters: The Making of The Power of the Daleks - A specially prepared documentary directed by John Kelly and featuring interviews with members of the original 1966 cast and crew.
  • Telesnap reconstruction - Around 400 individual still frames of film exist from the original 1966 television production of 'The Power of the Daleks'. These images were kept in the programme's production files by the BBC Written Archive Centre. These images are here combined with the programme's soundtrack to present a photographic reconstruction of the original programme.

And the cover design looks like it might be

http://images.doctorwhonews.net/imag...id=22837&w=300