Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Sci-Fi & Fantasy (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=542)
-   -   The Doctor Who Thread (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/sci-fi-fantasy/2137-doctor-who-thread.html)

Justin101 10th February 2017 05:47 PM

I've watched 3 out of 6 episodes of Genesis of the Daleks now, the first 2 were very good and I was gripped, good 'cliffhanger' with Sarah Jane falling off the tower at the end. Episode 3 was a bit of a bore though, probably because not much happened, Sarah getting fatigued after endlessly filling the rocket with tubes of something and The Doctor and Harry talking to those military blokes. Finally at the end they liberate Sarah from the camp while in some snazzy disguises.

I hope this was just a short lived lull in the proceedings and it gets back the heights of the first 2 episodes from now onwards.

I'll probably watch the rest later tonight or tomorrow morning so i'll let you know.

Mojo 10th February 2017 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inspector Abberline (Post 520666)
I haven't purchased any Who in awhile so decided to get Spearhead from Space on Blu and Inferno.

Absolute top choices there, Inspector. Looking forward to reading your views on them.

Demdike@Cult Labs 10th February 2017 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 520675)
I've watched 3 out of 6 episodes of Genesis of the Daleks now, the first 2 were very good and I was gripped, good 'cliffhanger' with Sarah Jane falling off the tower at the end. Episode 3 was a bit of a bore though, probably because not much happened, Sarah getting fatigued after endlessly filling the rocket with tubes of something and The Doctor and Harry talking to those military blokes. Finally at the end they liberate Sarah from the camp while in some snazzy disguises.

I hope this was just a short lived lull in the proceedings and it gets back the heights of the first 2 episodes from now onwards.

I'll probably watch the rest later tonight or tomorrow morning so i'll let you know.

I'm going off experience and guessing it's a lull. The six part stories can be an episode too long and to be fair sometimes four parters can be an episode too long, usually the first twenty minutes of the third.

Inspector Abberline 10th February 2017 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 520674)
In this case i hope so. :nod:

I do think they have re-watch value, both the stories and the special features. Once you decide you like them (hopefully you do) then i'm sure you'll watch them all several times.

Yeah I think your right,I have special love for any Tv from the 1970's,and a fondness for abandoned quarries and old industrial estates.

Mojo 10th February 2017 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inspector Abberline (Post 520678)
Yeah I think your right,I have special love for old industrial estates.

You'll love Inferno then!

Demdike@Cult Labs 10th February 2017 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inspector Abberline (Post 520678)
Yeah I think your right,I have special love for any Tv from the 1970's,and a fondness for abandoned quarries and old industrial estates.

Oh well, that's that then. Nothing to see here. No abandoned quarries in Doctor Who, nor industrial estates.

Inspector Abberline 10th February 2017 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 520680)
Oh well, that's that then. Nothing to see here. No abandoned quarries in Doctor Who, nor industrial estates.

you can have all the CGI in the world,just give me a quarry and a sand pit.

Demdike@Cult Labs 10th February 2017 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inspector Abberline (Post 520681)
you can have all the CGI in the world,just give me a quarry and a sand pit.

Blakes -7 seemed like every episode was set in a quarry or an industrial estate.

Inspector Abberline 10th February 2017 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 520682)
Blakes -7 seemed like every episode was set in a quarry or an industrial estate.

how is the Blake 7 thread Mr Servalan?

Demdike@Cult Labs 10th February 2017 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inspector Abberline (Post 520683)
how is the Blake 7 thread Mr Servalan?

Well, watching The Happiness Patrol this week reminded me of Blakes-7 and i did think i'd finish off the episode guide as soon as i've finished This is England 86.