Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Sci-Fi & Fantasy (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=542)
-   -   The Doctor Who Thread (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/sci-fi-fantasy/2137-doctor-who-thread.html)

Susan Foreman 10th February 2017 06:21 PM

'Genesis Of The Daleks'

Did you spot the re-used Ice Warrior costume during part 2, representing one of the mutant creatures produced by Davros in his experiments.?

nosferatu42 10th February 2017 06:56 PM

The Doctors supposed to be a clever intellectual type isn't he.
I think that counts Dire out.:lol:

trebor8273 10th February 2017 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 520674)
In this case i hope so. :nod:

I do think they have re-watch value, both the stories and the special features. Once you decide you like them (hopefully you do) then i'm sure you'll watch them all several times.

The blu of spearhead doesnt have the extras of the DVd but it has a documentary you can only get on the blu ray.

iank 10th February 2017 10:41 PM

BBC Worldwide are apparently sending surveys to those who bought Power online asking how they feel about future animations.

"In this short survey we'd like to know what you thought of 'Power of the Daleks', and how you would feel about further animations. "

Selected questions:
"If the BBC commissioned more animations of unaired or lost Doctor Who episodes, one option would be to edit the original stories into shorter versions for the purposes of the animation. How would you feel about this hypothetical situation?"

""Another option might be to combine live action scenes from the original televised episodes (where available) with animated sections in areas where no original film still exists. How would you feel about this hypothetical situation?"

"Are there any unaired or lost episodes that you would particularly like to see animated in the future? If so, please list them below."

I don't mind the idea of combining them really but they can bugger off with shortening them. Looks like we're in for more anyway.

Demdike@Cult Labs 10th February 2017 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iank (Post 520716)
BBC Worldwide are apparently sending surveys to those who bought Power online asking how they feel about future animations.

"In this short survey we'd like to know what you thought of 'Power of the Daleks', and how you would feel about further animations. "

Selected questions:
"If the BBC commissioned more animations of unaired or lost Doctor Who episodes, one option would be to edit the original stories into shorter versions for the purposes of the animation. How would you feel about this hypothetical situation?"

""Another option might be to combine live action scenes from the original televised episodes (where available) with animated sections in areas where no original film still exists. How would you feel about this hypothetical situation?"

"Are there any unaired or lost episodes that you would particularly like to see animated in the future? If so, please list them below."

I don't mind the idea of combining them really but they can bugger off with shortening them. Looks like we're in for more anyway.

We are in total agreement...for a change. :lol:

Demdike@Cult Labs 10th February 2017 10:49 PM

Unless there's something on the horizon we don't know about, as in a story animated already, it seems unlikely we'll get a new release this year.

I can imagine one perhaps next Autumn when series 11 is airing unless they rush release the series 11 box set in time for Christmas. That's the market they will want to aim at.

Of course i'm only guesstimating though.

Susan Foreman 11th February 2017 04:57 AM

Quote:

"In this short survey we'd like to know what you thought of 'Power of the Daleks', and how you would feel about further animations."

It's not only people who bought the online version of POTD. It's part of the BBC fan panel, which anyone can join - https://www.bbcworldwidefanpanel.com/ You need to register, and then every few weeks you are sent a new survey about a BBC show. I have been sent ones about the Christmas episode of 'Sherlock' and 'Class'

Quote:

Selected questions:

I've just completed it. Took about 10 minutes

Quote:

I don't mind the idea of combining them really but they can bugger off with shortening them

Pretty much what I said, although my language wasn't as colourful!

tele1962 11th February 2017 09:12 AM

Received yesterday:

http://i1285.photobucket.com/albums/...pswp5kbbuv.jpg

Demdike@Cult Labs 11th February 2017 12:15 PM

Pic of the Day # 29

1 Attachment(s)
The King's Demons (1983)

tele1962 11th February 2017 08:42 PM

The Time Warrior today, first couple of episodes were fantastic. Liz Sladen was much better than i remembered and also very hot imo. :loveeyes:

The Sontaran make up went above and beyond, looking forward to the remaining episodes.