Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Sci-Fi & Fantasy (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=542)
-   -   The Doctor Who Thread (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/sci-fi-fantasy/2137-doctor-who-thread.html)

Demdike@Cult Labs 29th April 2017 07:25 PM

Well i thought Thin Ice was another good episode. The stories definitely have more room to breath and i think this Doctor / companion suit the new style.

Again it borrowed aspects from older stories i thought, in particular The Beast Below and Creature from the Pit and i also thought i noticed Tom Baker in Capaldi's performance at times.

We could really do with a big bad alien threat in the next couple of episodes though.

Susan Foreman 29th April 2017 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 530942)
Again it borrowed aspects from older stories i thought, in particular The Beast Below and Creature from the Pit and i also thought i noticed Tom Baker in Capaldi's performance at times.

...And 'Terror Of The Zygons' (the Skarasen in the Thames) and possibly 'Timelash' (if the 'monster' in Thin Ice moved to Lock Ness!)

It was a good story, although I think there must have been a lot of deleted scenes - where did the diving suits come from for instance

Mojo 29th April 2017 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 530942)
Well i thought Thin Ice was another good episore room to breath and i think this Doctor / companion suit the new style.

We could really do with a big bad alien threat in the next couple of episodes though.

I noticed a bit of William Hartnell at one point, too.

I'm continuing to enjoy this series. I agree the stories have a nice flow to them. Looking forward to next week's - hope it's as creepy as it looks!

Demdike@Cult Labs 29th April 2017 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mojo (Post 530944)
I noticed a bit of William Hartnell at one point, too.

I'm continuing to enjoy this series. I agree the stories have a nice flow to them. Looking forward to next week's - hope it's as creepy as it looks!

From the trailer it reminds me of Hide. The Matt Smith ghost hunting episode. Lets hope it's not an alien just looking for it's mate though. :lol:

Demdike@Cult Labs 29th April 2017 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Susan Foreman (Post 530943)
...And 'Terror Of The Zygons' (the Skarasen in the Thames) and possibly 'Timelash' (if the 'monster' in Thin Ice moved to Lock Ness!)

You'll be having Loch Ness so over crowded it would be impossible to actually not see a monster - the Skarasen, the Borad and now this large beasty. :lol:

Susan Foreman 29th April 2017 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 530946)
You'll be having Loch Ness so over crowded it would be impossible to actually not see a monster - the Skarasen, the Borad and now this large beasty. :lol:

And the thousands of creatures mentioned in the New Adventures book 'Christmas On A Rational Planet'"

Demdike@Cult Labs 29th April 2017 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Susan Foreman (Post 530947)
And the thousands of creatures mentioned in the New Adventures book 'Christmas On A Rational Planet'"

I haven't read that one.

Susan Foreman 29th April 2017 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Susan Foreman (Post 530947)
the New Adventures book 'Christmas On A Rational Planet'"

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 530948)
I haven't read that one.

It's a gimmick book, which is supposed to contain a reference to every TV story, although some are very obscure (such as Lincoln being a reference to 'The Chase' or the reference to Gallifreyan prisoner tattoos being a reference to either 'Spearhead from Space' or 'Doctor Who and the Silurians'). It requires a distinctly critical eye to identify them, should the rumour be correct.!

There is a breakdown of the references it contains here

*NOTE - It's also suggested that the Weed Creature from 'Fury from the Deep' came from Loch Ness as well!!

Demdike@Cult Labs 29th April 2017 11:05 PM

Shitting bricks! :pound:

Demdike@Cult Labs 30th April 2017 12:02 PM

Pic of the Day # 107

1 Attachment(s)
Spearhead From Space (1970)