Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Sci-Fi & Fantasy (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=542)
-   -   The Doctor Who Thread (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/sci-fi-fantasy/2137-doctor-who-thread.html)

nosferatu42 22nd January 2017 01:36 PM

6 Attachment(s)
Creepy Dr Who moments.

Cybermen come to life in Tomb of the Cybermen
Attachment 186085

Autons invade in Spearhead from space
Attachment 186086

The Master returns in Deadly Assassin
Attachment 186087

Suteks gift of death in Pyramid of Mars
Attachment 186088

Silence on the ceiling in Impossible Astronaut/Day of the Moon(?)
Attachment 186089

And this creepy little bugger
Attachment 186090:pop2:

Demdike@Cult Labs 22nd January 2017 03:41 PM

7 Attachment(s)
I've mentioned Mr Sin earlier from Talons of Weng Chiang. He really scared me. Even when Leela stuck a knife in his neck (can you imagine this nowadays? :lol:) it didn't stop him.

I'm sure all the satanic style rituals put the seeds of my love of Gothic horror into my head. The terrifying masks in Masque of Mandragora and basically all of Image of the Fendahl from the malignant skull to the creatures themselves.

So much of The Deadly Assassin was scary. More or less everything in the Matrix was way too much for me as a child. The drowning was bad enough as was the soldier in the gas mask, but it was the Doctor with his foot trapped in the railway tracks that stood out the most back then.

The moment when the Count reveals himself to be the Jagaroth in City of Death is a moment that scarred me forever. The death of Kerensky in the field generator as he ages to skeletal form from the same story also had me bricking myself.

Not forgetting Robots of Death. Just those ****ing expressionless robots that start killing...then there was the ones with their faces and bits missing. Probably the reason i loved the Clockwork robots from The Girl in the Fireplace so much.

The scariest thing i can think of from recent years is the ghost Doctor from Before the Flood. I don't believe the Doctor should ever be seen as dead...but he was here. Extremely eerie.

Mojo 22nd January 2017 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 518256)
Almost forgot to post these.

I particularly like that last Dalek image. Looks like a scene from an episode, even if i do say so myself.

Those look fantastic, Dem!
Particularly like the gold and classic Dalek pic (5) and am also loving the Cyber army :cool:

Demdike@Cult Labs 22nd January 2017 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mojo (Post 518353)
Those look fantastic, Dem!
Particularly like the gold and classic Dalek pic (5) and am also loving the Cyber army :cool:

Thanks, Mojo. Appreciate the comment.

Sadly not a Cyber army. Just the six of them.

Mojo 22nd January 2017 05:38 PM

As for scary moments, it's still the original Autons for me. I still think they are creepy as hell!

I also think that SPEARHEAD FROM SPACE being all shot on film ( thanks to a BBC studio strike ) all adds to the 'realism' of the whole story. In terms of classic Who, there's never been anything like it.

Mojo 22nd January 2017 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 518355)
Thanks, Mojo. Appreciate the comment.

Sadly not a Cyber army. Just the six of them.

Still looks good to me! :nod:

tele1962 22nd January 2017 06:28 PM

The ones i remember most scaring me were the Cybermen & Autons.

hivemind 22nd January 2017 08:13 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Remember these green leafed devils from 'Terror of the Vervoids'. Those effective make-up effects looked rather good too. Seeing that female half-human, half-plant hybrid strapped to a table at the end of episode 10 really freaked me out.

trebor8273 22nd January 2017 08:14 PM

8 Attachment(s)
The Ribos Operation.

First story in the key of time story arc, found it all a little dull and boring. Hoping the other stories are better.

Demdike@Cult Labs 22nd January 2017 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hivemind (Post 518370)
Remember these green leafed devils from 'Terror of the Vervoids'. Those effective make-up effects looked rather good too. Seeing that female half-human, half-plant hybrid strapped to a table at the end of episode 10 really freaked me out.

Definitely. It makes my hair itch that scene to this day.