Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Sci-Fi & Fantasy (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=542)
-   -   The Doctor Who Thread (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/sci-fi-fantasy/2137-doctor-who-thread.html)

Demdike@Cult Labs 22nd January 2017 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trebor8273 (Post 518371)
The Ribos Operation.

First story in the key of time story arc, found it all a little dull and boring. Hoping the other stories are better.

I love The Ribos Operation. It's my favourite of the whole season. Blends the Gothic with a truly witty script.

hivemind 22nd January 2017 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 518372)
Definitely. It makes my hair itch that scene to this day.

And the growth on her face even pulsated too, just to make it even more gross. Then the Doctor turned the Vervoids to compost. Fairly enjoyable story.

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 22nd January 2017 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 518373)
I love The Ribos Operation. It's my favourite of the whole season. Blends the Gothic with a truly witty script.

I also really like it, although The Stones of Blood is probably my favourite Key to Time story.

hivemind 22nd January 2017 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trebor8273 (Post 518371)
The Ribos Operation.

First story in the key of time story arc, found it all a little dull and boring. Hoping the other stories are better.

You wait until you get to the last Key to Time story, The Armageddon Factor. You'll wish the story was just three or four episodes, rather than an epic six. You'll probably regret saying that about The Ribos Operation.

trebor8273 22nd January 2017 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hivemind (Post 518376)
You wait until you get to the last Key to Time story, The Armageddon Factor. You'll wish the story was just three or four episodes, rather than an epic six. You'll probably regret saying that about The Ribos Operation.

I probably made it sound worse than it was, as mentioned it was very humorous.what's the next story pirate planet like?

iank 22nd January 2017 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 518373)

It's one of my favourite stories of all time!

trebor8273 22nd January 2017 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iank (Post 518379)
It's one of my favourite stories of all time!

With all the praise I'll have to rewatch it at some point.

Demdike@Cult Labs 22nd January 2017 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs (Post 518375)
I also really like it, although The Stones of Blood is probably my favourite Key to Time story.

It's a pity it's spoiled by the silliness on the prison ship.

Demdike@Cult Labs 22nd January 2017 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hivemind (Post 518376)

I've seen The Armageddon Factor three times. Once on transmission, once on vhs and once on dvd.

As you say it's too long, about five episodes too long. :lol:

hivemind 22nd January 2017 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 518384)
I've seen The Armageddon Factor three times. Once on transmission, once on vhs and once on dvd.

As you say it's too long, about five episodes too long. :lol:

Yep. Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaay to looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong. Just like you said Dem, you could probably tell story in just one episode. Too true. How the flipping hell could you subject yourself to Armageddon so many times?. I wonder if the S.A.S. had The Armageddon Factor listed in their torture manual. Death by sheer boredom. I remember going out and buying them on VHS back in 1995 from Woolworths.