Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Official Shameless Fan Forum > Shameless News and Events
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree18Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26th June 2012, 08:56 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulD View Post
Just thought I'd point out that not only have Newcastle's HMV clearly got a new batch of Shameless dvd's in (their horror section awash in a sea of yellow) but they've also put up a display of Shameless dvd's at the end of one of the aisles, along with a banner with the Shameless logo (they've also done ones for ArrowDrome and BFI). Nice to see them recognising genre labels and what makes it even better is that it's just where the general dvds are (ie, not the horror section) so right in the middle of the floor is an eye-catchingly bright yellow display with loads of covers featuring semi-nude women and such! I was half-tempted to take a picture.

Cheap(ish) prices too - £7/£8 per dvd (They had The Funhouse on bluray for £11 too! - my local HMV really does have its moments)

I too noticed Glasgow Fort HMV had a LOT of Shameless dvds in-let's hope this is a sign of things to come.
They've always had their 3 Blu Ray releases,but at £25 a pop,I suspect they'll have them for some time to come!
iluvdvds@Cult Labs likes this.

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 27th June 2012, 01:15 PM
Cult Acolyte

Location: From the bowels of Newcastle Upon Tyne he came....to collect DVDs and BRs!
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulD View Post
I think they had The Beast In Space and Manhattan Baby on display, not sure about The Strange Vice Of Mrs. Wardh though. Don't Torture a Duckling was on display with its misplaced cover sticker, which amused me. They also had a load of titles in the horror section.
Cheers Paul and yours truly should be visiting HMV on Friday so i'll be sure to check out what they have. I may well see how the land lays at The Metro Centre branch too and it's about time the likes of Shameless and Arrow were blessed with such fan-friendly exposure on the high street.
Old 27th June 2012, 01:19 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splatterdragon73 View Post
Cheers Paul and yours truly should be visiting HMV on Friday so i'll be sure to check out what they have. I may well see how the land lays at The Metro Centre branch too and it's about time the likes of Shameless and Arrow were blessed with such fan-friendly exposure on the high street.
Yeah, totally agree. The one in town used to often display all the Shameless titles on the wall in the Horror section but to have a full display in the shop is great (and a bit risky considering the cover art of certain titles!)
Old 27th June 2012, 07:27 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Not entirely related but I noticed HMV.com now have a click and collect service so you can pay online prices but pick it up instore.
dream demon and Hawkmonger like this.
Old 28th June 2012, 01:22 PM
Ex-member

why didn't you take a picture?
Old 28th June 2012, 01:27 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by GangsterQ View Post
why didn't you take a picture?
Thought I might have looked a bit weird
Old 29th June 2012, 02:37 PM
Cult Acolyte

Location: From the bowels of Newcastle Upon Tyne he came....to collect DVDs and BRs!
It was great to see such a wide range of Shameless output today in Newcastle's HMV and the relevant aisle exposure was wonderfully eye-catching. More or less all of the label's titles were proudly displayed with only Four Flies On Grey Velvet and Dellamorte Dellamore absent as far as i could tell. Yours truly ended up spending around a century on a combination of Shameless and Cine Asia DVDs, leaving the store with copies of The Strange Vice Of Mrs.Wardh and The New Barbarians with a view to picking up Manhattan Baby and possibly a select few other titles at a later date. The Fulci's Box Of Terror set was also available for £11 which i thought was a nice price too.

Gateshead's HMV had a good few Shameless releases on the shelves but their aisle display was of a lesser standard and only about a quarter of that afforded in the Newcastle outlet. Still, though, the best Shameless coverage the Gateshead store has given us.

I have only one complaint and that is none of the copies of The Beast In Space were shrinkwrapped in both branches and this is a most notable omission amongst all the other sealed Shameless stock.
Old 30th June 2012, 07:26 AM
Cult Addict

Though the thread title, "shameless display in HMV newcastle" could be mis-read. A friend of mine was looking at the threads over my shoulder and asked if they had caught someone publicly wanking!
Baseball Fury and PaulD like this.
Old 30th June 2012, 09:46 AM
Cult Acolyte

Thinking back, i never noticed any cheap copies of Almost Human in both of my local HMV stores yesterday either.
Old 30th June 2012, 03:46 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by keirarts View Post
Though the thread title, "shameless display in HMV newcastle" could be mis-read. A friend of mine was looking at the threads over my shoulder and asked if they had caught someone publicly wanking!
I did get pretty excited at the sight of all that yellow-boxed goodness, I have to admit.
keirarts likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!