Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Television
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree1109Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18th September 2017, 02:59 PM
Ex-member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gag View Post
Lost episode of only fools and horses to be shown on gold next month, never shown on TV before

Only Fools and Horses lost episode Licensed to Drill will air on GOLD for first time | Metro News
The 19 minute episode will be seen on the GOLD documentary series The Story of Only Fools and Horses.

"Viewers are to get a glimpse of this ‘lost’ episode of Only Fools and Horses for the very first time"

I wonder if it will be the complete episode and not just a snippet? From the above quote it looks like it will be a snippet as it is part of the Story of they only show snippets!!
Old 18th September 2017, 03:23 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSurfer View Post
The 19 minute episode will be seen on the GOLD documentary series The Story of Only Fools and Horses.

"Viewers are to get a glimpse of this ‘lost’ episode of Only Fools and Horses for the very first time"

I wonder if it will be the complete episode and not just a snippet? From the above quote it looks like it will be a snippet as it is part of the Story of they only show snippets!!
The word 'glimpse' tells me it's just a mere scene or two.
Old 20th September 2017, 09:42 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

An interesting video about the second season of The Exorcist, beginning later this month:

I'm pleased they are moving away from the McNeil family, but staying with Pazuzu and Father Tomas.
trebor8273 likes this.
Old 21st September 2017, 11:19 AM
Cult Master

Not announced for television as yet, but I'm sure it will be at some time

"The BFI are showing a preview of two episodes from the new series of Inside No. 9 on October 30th, plus a Q&A with Steve Pemberton, Reece Shearsmith and producer Adam Tandy."

https://whatson.bfi.org.uk/Online/de...8-8A18AE8F3C16

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 22nd September 2017, 08:39 PM
Cult Addict

Meh.....it'll be cancelled two weeks after first broadcast probably
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017...cade-top-pops/

Sent from my MediaPad T1 8.0 Pro using Tapatalk
Old 22nd September 2017, 09:30 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleakshaun View Post
Meh.....it'll be cancelled two weeks after first broadcast probably
BBC to launch weekly pop show a decade after Top of the Pops*

Sent from my MediaPad T1 8.0 Pro using Tapatalk
I very rarely watch live TV, but it does have potential to be good. If it is a good mix of Saturday Night Live and Top of the Pops, with perhaps a bit of TFI Friday and Later… thrown in, then I'll give it a go live or on iPlayer.

This is the first half of the BBC press release:

The BBC today announces further details of its brand new six-part music series, Sounds Like Friday Night.

The show will launch in October and will broadcast live from the iconic BBC Television Centre in White City, the home of so many classic TV shows. The six programmes will be fronted by Radio 1 DJ and presenter Greg James with Radio 1 Xtra’s Dotty. Each week they will be sharing presenting duties with a different major music artist who will complete the hosting line up. The star host for programme one and the future episodes will be revealed nearer the time.

The artist host will be sprinkling their own stardust over proceedings and making every episode a complete one-off. As well as performing live, they will be joining in with the topical entertainment and fun sketches as well as presenting a smorgasbord of the very best in live music from other artists performing in that night’s show. Greg will be interviewing the bands and featuring alongside the lead hosts in sketches. Dotty will be chatting with the guests and the audience and curating the show’s interaction with viewers live on social media during each show, as well as getting out and about meeting music fans across the country.

Greg says: “We have been missing a primetime music show from our TV screens for far too long, so it’s fair to say being part of Sounds Like Friday Night is something I’m really, really excited about. One thing that’s fantastic about the show is being able to provide new and emerging acts a home alongside the megastars, introducing them to a new audience. Also having the opportunity to interview and have a laugh with some of the biggest stars in the world, on the actual telly, is completely brilliant. I can't wait to get going!”

Dotty says: “I’m thrilled to be part of Sounds Like Friday Night, it’s going to be an amazing show. Each week I’ll be meeting fellow music fans from around the UK, getting the lowdown from the viewers on social media and bringing the best music to you at home. I can’t wait!”
Demoncrat likes this.
Old 22nd September 2017, 10:40 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Umissable for all the 'right' reasons. I'll be tuning in. I remember The Roxy

Ahem.
Susan Foreman likes this.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 28th September 2017, 06:48 AM
Cult Master

Halloween night schedule on The Horror Channel:

8.00 PM: STAR TREK: VOYAGER - Series 6, Episode 20
The USS Voyager has become stranded 70,000 light-years from home. Janeway decides to take three errant crew members on their first away mission...

9.00 PM: LOST IN SPACE- Series 1, Episode 20
Classic sci-fi adventure series featuring a family of interstellar castaways. The Robinsons repair a faulty robot, only to discover that it may have designs on their freedom.

10.00 PM: KNUCKLEBONES
A band of university students unwittingly unleash a murderous demon when they play an ancient dice game in this gory occult chiller.

11.40 PM: WRONG TURN 5: BLOODLINES
The blood-soaked fifth entry in the Wrong Turn film series, sees a band of teenagers fleeing a family of cannibalistic hillbillies in a remote mining town.

1.30 AM: FROM THE DARK
Nocturnal nightmare from the director of Stitches. A couple find themselves hounded by a creature that lives in the Irish countryside and only attacks at night.

3.25 AM: GRAVE HALLOWEEN
Haunting horror. A documentary crew of American exchange students unleash a decades-old curse and are hunted by angry spirits in Japan's infamous Suicide Forest

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 28th September 2017, 09:44 AM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan Foreman View Post
1.30 AM: FROM THE DARK
Nocturnal nightmare from the director of Stitches. A couple find themselves hounded by a creature that lives in the Irish countryside and only attacks at night.
Hope this gets a dvd release soon. Stitches was great.
Old 28th September 2017, 12:30 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan Foreman View Post
Filming has just started on Terry Pratchett's 'Good Omens'

Among the cast are David Tennant and Michael Sheen as Crowley and Aziraphale

My first thought on seeing that picture was 'what's Geddy Lee doing with Michael Sheen?'
Rik and Susan Foreman like this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!